Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: Should we sign Randy Moss???

WizSkinsO's

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Should we get Randy Moss in the Maroon and Black? He's undoubtedly the biggest FA left on the market and landing him would obviously be a HUGE splash. It would also mean we could keep our draft picks instead of having to give up one or more to get guys like Ocho Cinco or Roy Williams (who many people say aren't even on the block in the first place). It also means giving a lucrative contract to a guy on the wrong side of 30 and with some clear character issues that can enlarge when you're not winning. What's your take? Should Danny fire up the jet and go all out to make Randy Moss a Washington Redskin?

Okay, he flamed out in Minnesota as soon as they couldn't get him the ball consistently. He never even lit up in Oakland. The only place he's done well recently is NE where he played with the best offense in history (yes, he helped make it the best offense - because it was a great offense for him). There's no way he'd be happy in Washington. No way. Unless Zorn brings a bombs-away, shotgun every snap, pass-happy offense (like NE) he won't be happy. I repeat he won't be happy! And an unhappy Moss is a negative - big time. I think the FO is smart enough this year, or hopefully Zorn is, to stay far away from this guy.

It's the same reason why people think we need another WR right now. Everyone is down on Santana because they expect 2005 every single year now. It's not going to happen again. It's called a "career year" for a reason, it's the best year of his career and will not be done by him again. It's not that he can't produce, it's just that he won't produce as much as you've seen him do in the past. Therefore, you are let down by him when he doesn't match the numbers you've seen before and expect from now on. Randy Moss coming here will get everyone's hopes up and will then let you down when he doesn't get 20 TDs next year. JC can't deliver the ball the same way Brady can and while it won't be nearly as bad as Oakland Randy, it certainly won't be New England Randy either.

This is a bad idea given our cap situation.

I'm sure we could find a way to sign just ONE big player. After all, how would we be trading for CJ or Roy or whatever?

If we wanted to, we can outbid anybody in the league. Yes we don't have the most cap space but we can hide almost all of the money in signing bonuses and such and make a lot more guaranteed right out of Snyder's wallet and that could absolutely attract Randy Moss here, in addition to getting 90K to watch him play every time and having the offense rest on his shoulders.

We could definitely afford Moss. It's just about if we should or not. And I say yes. And I recommend a huge portion of the fanbase says yes as well. Because you know that just like we probably did for Fassel, this fan base DOES influence Snyder. Here, let him know that we're all beyond our big splash being the signing of the league's best receiver, Randy Moss.

I would like it, but I don't see how it could happen given that there is not nearly enough cap room.

Plus, I was thinking about this, and I don't think Moss would be the best fit for the WCO. The west coast is quick drops, precise routes, and run after the catch. Moss's specialty is deep routes to outjump the other team's cb/safety. I don't think he would fit the offense well. :2cents:

Should we get Randy Moss in the Maroon and Black? He's undoubtedly the biggest FA left on the market and landing him would obviously be a HUGE splash. It would also mean we could keep our draft picks instead of having to give up one or more to get guys like Ocho Cinco or Roy Williams (who many people say aren't even on the block in the first place). It also means giving a lucrative contract to a guy on the wrong side of 30 and with some clear character issues that can enlarge when you're not winning. What's your take? Should Danny fire up the jet and go all out to make Randy Moss a Washington Redskin?

Forget it chump, nice try!!!

Nope. Just like Patten, Fauria, Caldwell, etc... Moss lost all respect and interest from me when he put that Patriots jersey on. There is nothing and nobody from that franchise that I want to ever see in DC. Just like the others, I would actively root AGAINST him if he was wearing a Redskins jersey.

Archived