Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Marcus Stroud traded to Bills

Xero21

I think Robertson is going to be released soon. With the money he is set to make there is no way the jets keep him.

we better get all over him if he is released. this is a major positon needing help and he is young and talented, just in the wrong system in NY

Good move by the Bills

Bills Trade For DT Stroud, Sign DT Johnson</FONT>

NFL.com, via Associated Press - [Full Article]

The Buffalo Bills yesterday bolstered their defensive line by acquiring three-time Pro Bowl DT Marcus Stroud via a trade with the Jacksonville Jaguars in exchange for undisclosed draft picks and by signing former Vikings defensive tackle Spencer Johnson as a free agent. Stroud was a key member of the Jaguars for seven years, but was suspended for four games this season for violating the league's substance abuse policy. Johnson has spent the past four seasons with the Vikings. He played in all 16 games this past season, finishing with 24 tackles and three sacks.

Buffalo is quietly building what could be a very solid defense. They have Stroud now at D-Tackle, Aaron Schobel at end, Paul Posluszny at middle linebacker and a really young, solid secondary with guys like McGee, Whitner and Youboty. Not a bad situation to be in, if they could fix themselves on the offensive side of the ball.

• 8 months later...
i would love to see him on the skins.
The Redskins had the unusual opportunity to trade for a number of good DT in the off season and chose against it. They are going to need to make a move this year, I just hope an opportunity will arise that doesn't cost draft picks.

Archived