Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Intrest in the Freak? Espnews

Hail2theRedskins

He is sooo good when healthy, but it's rare anymore. He held it together a bit last year and could be back to top form next season with a lot to prove. He would certainly help out AC.

I would give him a one year, heavily incentive laiden contract and be happy about it or a healthy contract that gets voided due to injuries.

If this guy had anything left in the tank, he'd still be an Eagle. People want to point to Archutetta as a poor signing (and it certainly was), but was did anyone get less bang for the buck in free agency than Philly with Kearse? They paid the guy a fortune and he was never close to the player he was in Tennessee.

Heck yeah, and more than vet minimum.

He's coming into the second year after a major knee injury. He should be back to almost full strength. I would try to sign him to a Todd Collins-type contract...3 years 10 million, with lots of incentives and deferred bonuses...

Everyone is claiming we should follow the Giants blueprint. They had four guys at end who could get after the QB. We have two, as of now.

My FA plans would be Kearse, Hackett, Florence and a mid-level OG. I think we have the money for that. If not Kearse, then sign two mid-level D linemen...We should have the money for that, especially after the Lloyd cut and Portis restructure to come.

Id trust Freak over Phillip Daniels. Freak might be able to teach Wilson a little some of his technique

I'm not sure about that. Daniels is the only linemen the Skins have right now that can play DT and DE. He's solid against the run which doesn't show up in stats like sacks do. Actually the SKins were very solid against thr run with Renalso Wynn and Phillip Daniels. They just didn't have a natural pass rush. Kearse wasn't very strong against the run even when he was in top form and now that he's a shell of his former self I'd definitely take Daniels over Kearse if I had to choose between the 2 right now.

Having Kearse and Carter at the ends weakens the run def. Minnesota remembered the 1st game a couple years ago when McKinnie was killing Andre Carter. They tried to find Carter this past season by running right at him. Thats why the Skins kept switching Carter in the Vikings game this past season. Daniels is bigger and stronger.

I really think the freak is done. :2cents:

I'm gonna need more of a confirmation than ESPN. If no local papers have it, I'm not tristing it. ESPN wants us to sign every player on the market and expects us to do so. But Vinny has said that he's not big on any free agents and I'm still going by that (even though he said it before Kearse was released)

Watching what John Clayton was reporting it seemed like the Redskins could get him cheap. He would rotate with others which I think is a great idea, to have him, wilson and carter and possibly daniels all rotating and staying fresh. Even if it's a mil or so we should still take a shot.

If he came cheap, he may be worth a look. He was on a tear at the beginning of 2006 when he tore his ACL. I think he had 3.5 sacks in 2 games before the injury in week 3. Last year he was probably still getting his confidence in the knee back.

Archived