Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: Should Tailgate Posts Count??

Tarhog

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Did I say anything about intelligence?

On a football board, the only posts that should count towards anything should be football related. Whether it be just for avatars, or whether it be respect from your fellow posters. If a guy with ten thousand posts about football posts in the stadium, I'm gonna give him more respect than somebody who has 100 posts about football until I can get a real handle on the guy's thoughts.

And that's about how I feel "in general" about it too. At least as far as post count. I don't give a crap about avatars really. Never have.

And I don't give a crap about post count either. Hell, JBooma has a million posts but he's never going to get an ounce of respect from me because I believe he's full of crap :)

Date of registration carries a little more weight for me.

But most importantly.. all I care about is the quality of the poster and what each poster contributes to the community. That's how I measure which posters I read... and those that I respect.... and those that I engage.

But back to the original point... you have to understand that 90% of the traffic is in the Stadium. And this is a football forum. And the MAIN reason why you're here is because of Redskins football. And if you want to discuss Redskins football.. it should be done in the forum. And if you want to gain rank... you have to do is discussing "football".

You don't become a "veteran" by discussing 100 ways to smoke meat on a football forum. Just like the quality of a football player isn't related to what they do off the field. That doesn't mean you can't discuss it... it just means you don't get credit for it (assuming credit even matters to you).

But really, I have to question the sanity of people who are pre-occupied with avatars. I'm here to discuss topics with people with whom I enjoy and respect... and learn some things in the process. The rest is all fluff.

Of course, I don't mind weeding out members. Never have. Unfortunately, the conflicts with the goals and objectives others may have :)

That's why I left the staff.... and let them decide the direction of the site since the merger. I wasn't posting most recently because I was banned.... by a former ES member which I have utterly no respect for as a human being. It's personal :)

YOU got banned? :silly:

YOU got banned? :silly:

Perfect example right here (of how I respect old-time ES vets). People think I hate Sarge... and I do :) But a few years ago... he sent me a PM stating how he thought the quality of the membership was eroding and he was concerned and might leave. And I immediately went to the staff and cracked a whip with a renewed focus on rules and moderation..... and we drastically improved :) And he stuck around.

Now I'm thinking it would have all been easier it he had just left :laugh:

Yeah, I've been banned multiple times. In fact, you could ask TK, Tarhog and Henry.... I usually contact the staff first via email/PM to link them to my discussion and ask them to ban me. They relent (because they have a hard time banning me because of my contributions)... but I've always accepted my punishment and the consequences of my actions. And the ban lasts a few days or a week.

However, there's another moderator that can dish.... but can't take it. And he used an isolated incident of a momma joke as an excuse to ban me indefinitely (3+ months). It was personal.... and it's not settled.

Your next poll should be.

Would you rather have........

a bunch of choices for your avatar

or

the ability to load your own (within our guidelines to avatar size and nothing ummmmmm, rude"

its safe to say we know what (who) your avatar would be!111

i hope you would make it animated :cheers:

I remember a long time ago I made fun of the Canadian military and Die Hard said he lost a lot of respect for me, those were the days.

Wait wait wait wait wait WAIT. They have a military?

:jk:

So DH, with the current software, uploading avatars wouldn't work?

However, there's another moderator that can dish.... but can't take it. And he used an isolated incident of a momma joke as an excuse to ban me indefinitely (3+ months). It was personal.... and it's not settled.

It was Jumbo, wasn't it? it HAD to be Jumbo. :laugh:

If you guys are going to use a simple poll thread to get into a hundred other things, staff please shut it down. I think I've gotten the information I was looking for. Whether anyone makes changes based on it, thats up to them.

It was Jumbo, wasn't it? it HAD to be Jumbo. :laugh:
I'm gonna respond to that. No. :laugh:

I got along well with Die Hard, including when we didn't agree, which wasn't that often in my memory. I liked his take on things and his no-nonsense style for the most part. I will always respect what he accomplished and gave to ES and what I knew of him from my limited vantage point. As far as most personal stuff goes, everyone has it. I tend to be respectful and helpful if possible, but fairly philosophical about other people's personal stuff, saving as much of my energy as possible for my professional demands, my own stuff, and the stuff of those closest to me.

Archived