Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Soldier wins $1M lottery returns to Iraq 3rd tour

wskin44

Good for him. I don't see why a million would prevent him from doing his job though. He still has to earn money, but I admire the way he's earning it.

And it is not actually a million when you factor Uncle Sam and choice of annual payment or lump sum.

Good for that guy. He still got to work. If it was like the 200+ million lottery recently I would reconsider that stance.

Props to him for joining in the first place and serving our country. That being said, Im not sure why the news is reporting this like he has a choice to go back to Iraq or not. Obviously the Army doesn't just let you quit because you won the lottery.

Obviously the Army doesn't just let you quit because you won the lottery.

Actually, they can. If they feel your winnings would be detrimental to the Army they can release you. I forget the actual discharge, but it's something to the effect of "Convenience of the Government. Had a guy in my unit in Germany go home on leave, win the lotto, and get out shortly after he came back.

And it is not actually a million when you factor Uncle Sam and choice of annual payment or lump sum.

Good for that guy. He still got to work. If it was like the 200+ million lottery recently I would reconsider that stance.

ill take the money after uncle sam gets his cut, its still a ton of cash to me.

Archived