Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Serious advice needed - my friend being stalked / threatened

Mickalino

My good female friend has unfortunately run into a very threatening stalker, and I was wondering if anyone can help me with the stalking laws, which I guess vary from state to state. I want to help her, but I'm not sure if it's reached a point where the police can get involved.

She dated a guy for a week, then broke it off, and he started sayin stuff to her like "This aint Effin over, B****, you havn't heard the last of me, I'm going to show up at your bar every night" blah blah blah.

He's constantly leaves threatening messages on her texts, voicemail, and myspace. He's followed through with showing up at the bar she goes to every night, and she's flat out told him to go away, she wants nothing to do with him.

Then another make friend of hers told him to leave her alone, and later the guy had her friend jumped, and he needed stitches and had a broken nose.

This guy is clearly not bluffing, and not going to relent, until he gets what he wants, or until he seriously hurts someone, or the police stop him. It's going in the wrong direction. I'm concerned my female friend is going to get hurt, because I've seen this happen too many times on true crime documentary shows.

I'm supposed to hang out with her this Saturday at the bar, where he stalks her, and I won't hesitate to tell him to lay off of her, so I could end up dealin with him and a host of his friends who want to send another message.

What has to happen for us to get an effective restraining order on a psycho stalker like this ? He clearly means business, and has proved it already, and headed in the wrong direction. What do the police need to put a stop on him ?

I would think the voicemail messages as well as the friend getting jumped is enough for a restraining order (and the friend who got jumped could press charges in order to make sure he gets his due for SOMETHING). Unfortunately, I'm not well-versed in this kind of stuff, but definitely tell your female friend to save this voicemails.

with the voicemails and texts, she has enough to go to the police and at least get things on the record, even if its not enough for a restraining order. and the friend getting jumped just adds to it, assuming that the person who jumped him can be directly connected to the stalker.

if i was closer to tampa, id help you out. ive been itching to kick someones butt who really deserves it.

I'd go to the cops and keep a close eye on your friend. If the guy hangs around, get your friend to go down an ally somoewhere where you and several friends can "explain" things to this guy. Explain it with a sock filled with quarters if you have to. Rubber hoses filled with wet sand leaves even fewer marks

Check out your local conceal laws as well. One of you will probably want to be armed in case the guy is armed.

Seriously Mick, first get a restraining order. Then when he shows up to where she works after the order, make sure the cops are called, and he will have an automatic 30 days in jail. That will teach him why he shouldn't stalk her. Finally, press charges against his friends, and get A&B warrants out for them. There is a reason laws are in place, and they are to protect people from this nitwit. . .if alll else fails, call Sarge, I'm sure he'd be more than willing to take a nice week vacation in Fla and handle the situation for ya :P

Call the cops and stay close to her...

Even after calling the cops he walked into her house, and punched her at a night club.

We got into a fight and the bouncer were all over us, i explained it to them (FAST) :) and they held him for the cops and explained it to them also.

They definitely need evidence...

There are plenty of examples here in the area of when these stalker types ignore the restraining order.

I would lose no sleep if the guy is on the business end of 3 projectiles of the hollowpoint persuasion if he refuses to get the hint.

I'm fortunate it hasn't happened to my daughter but her uncles, Dad and cousins are either law enforcement, ex or current military, with NRA memberships let it be known it would be a Kaizer Soze' moment for him, his family and friends.

How bout you get a pic of what he looks like and go to the bar that night and stalk him. He won't even see it coming and when he is leaving the bar break his knees with a baseball bat. This way he won't know who you are and you can teach him a lesson without too much damage.

How bout you get a pic of what he looks like and go to the bar that night and stalk him. He won't even see it coming and when he is leaving the bar break his knees with a baseball bat. This way he won't know who you are and you can teach him a lesson without too much damage.

You know what this might be a good idea. The part to worry about is if the guy has a gun.

But if he has a TRO the police won't do anything and laugh at him if his knees were taken out. They would tell him it is what he deserved for stalking a women.

EDIT - My sister is a police officer and she said she would laugh her ass off at the guy and keep moving. She called it street justice.

Archived