Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is Louis Farrakhan an agent of hate?

Zguy28

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

those people are dying off or dead (like Strom Thurmond)

honestly, we have great race relations in this country, we should be happy. That overt sort racism has pretty much been stamped out. I mean even Farrakhan is a minor figure at best.

IMO your perspective is not realistic

The overt form of racism is the easiest to get rid of but it still does exist in 2008. It is the institutionalized racism that is prevents the racial utopia you spoke of in the quote above.

Racism goes both ways...blacks and whites still have a lot of things they simply need to let go if we are to move forward. We have come a mighty long way but we have a long way to go hopefully together.:2cents:

When are the white leaders going to repudiate the Strom Thurmonds and the Jessie Helms of the world?Not only were they racists, but had the POWER to project their views on others--unlilke the Minister.

Obama should have mentioned that President Clinton endorsed the "Million Man March" that was led by Farakhan..

Well, Strom is dead, as others have pointed out, but he was pretty heavily repudiated by proxy. Trent Lott was the majority leader for 6 years, and an extremely powerful person within the Republican party and on the national scene before he made those comments at Thurmond's 100th bday party about how things would have been better off if Thurmond had become president in '48.

It was a huge controversey, he lost the support of the White House, lost the leadership position, and has been marginalized as a national presence although he is still in the Senate.

I never followed Farrakhan closely, and I don't know if it is hate, or stupidity, or a method of teaching that he found most effective.

When you're trying to convince people there's a mothership on the dark side of the moon coming to take them to some proverbial promised land, the only people you'll get to bite are the least-common-denominator. Hate or a feeling of superiority are the easiest ways to get them interested.

Better and improving would be more accurate IMHO.
Better than anywhere in the world and improving ... we still have a ways to go, but we're much further along than even just a decade or two ago (dude, have you noticed that a black guy is running for President?)

I'm not a big fan of Louis Farrakhan, but I actually think that calling him an "agent of hate" is going a little too far. Maybe he's an agent of intolerance and an agent of paranoia, but "agent of hate" seems a little bit harsh.

Compare Farrakhan's reaction to 9/11:

http://www.noi.org/statements/transcript_010916.htm

to that of a real "agent of hate":

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,37992,00.html

...Does Farrakhan hate Jews and white people any more than, say, Rush Limbaugh, hates Muslims? I think that sometimes we throw the word "hate" around a little too casually.

Take a stroll through Europe some day and you'll realize the US is a racial Heaven by comparison.

No kidding. I had a Swiss girlfriend whose father's side of the family (Swiss German) would barely even acknowledge her existence because her mother was half-Italian and she had brown hair and eyes.

I'm not a big fan of Louis Farrakhan, but I actually think that calling him an "agent of hate" is going a little too far. Maybe he's an agent of intolerance and an agent of paranoia, but "agent of hate" seems a little bit harsh.

Compare Farrakhan's reaction to 9/11:

http://www.noi.org/statements/transcript_010916.htm

to that of a real "agent of hate":

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,37992,00.html

Some things Farrakhan has said that some might interpret to be hateful.

Farrakhan has repeatedly made hate-filled statements targeting Jews, whites, America, and homosexuals. He has called whites “blue-eyed devils” and the “anti-Christ.” He has described Jews as “bloodsuckers” who control the government, the media, and some black organizations.

“Do you know some of these satanic Jews have taken over BET [the Black Entertainment Network]?” Farrakhan said in a speech on Nov. 11, 2007. “Everything that we built, they have. The mind of Satan now is running the record industry, movie industry, and television. And they make us look like we’re the murderers; we look like we’re the gangsters, but we’re punk stuff.”

http://www.newsmax.com/kessler/obama_wright_farrakhan/2008/01/14/64332.html

Rev. Dr. Jerimiah Wright on 9-11

On the Sunday after the terrorist attacks of 9/11, Mr. Wright said the attacks were a consequence of violent American policies. Four years later he wrote that the attacks had proved that “people of color had not gone away, faded into the woodwork or just ‘disappeared’ as the Great White West went on its merry way of ignoring Black concerns.”

During the course of the campaign, Wright has also attracted controversy for his association with Louis Farrakhan, leader of the Nation of Islam.[10]

Wright travelled to Libya with Farrakhan in the 1980s. In 2007, Wright addressed this by saying "When [Obama’s] enemies find out that in 1984 I went to Tripoli to visit Colonel Gadaffi with Farrakhan, a lot of his Jewish support will dry up quicker than a snowball in hell."[11]

In 2007, Trumpet Magazine (published and edited by Wright's daughter) presented the Dr. Jeremiah A. Wright Jr. Trumpeter Award to Farrakhan, whom it said "truly epitomized greatness."[12] Wright is quoted in the magazine offering praise of Farrakhan "as one of the 20th and. 21st century giants of the African American religious experience" and also praised Farrakhan's "integrity and honesty."[13] In response, Obama noted his disagreement with the decision to give the award to Farrakhan; his statement was praised by Abraham Foxman of the Anti-Defamation League.[14]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeremiah_Wright

When are the white leaders going to repudiate the Strom Thurmonds and the Jessie Helms of the world?Not only were they racists, but had the POWER to project their views on others--unlilke the Minister.

Obama should have mentioned that President Clinton endorsed the "Million Man March" that was led by Farakhan..

That is a hell of a point.

Oh please they've been out of office for how long while the Democrats you conviently left out like Senator Byrd a former KlansMan, still calling people N***** though he put white in front of it gets a pass because he is on Team Donkey.

Yes Farakhan says hateful things and some of the demographic he hates say hateful things too.

Yes Blacks and the Liberal Jewish community do have issues and on various talks how several claiming to represent south florida said they wont vote for Obama which led to responses from blacks.

I had more Jewish friends when living overseas (23) than in the states 3 and they are the conservative types and younger.

And yes Liberals use Hate to further their causes and that can be Gender, racial, religious and Class based Hate which can only be fixed thru raising taxes via mandates and or a new government program.

Oh please they've been out of office for how long while the Democrats you conviently left out like Senator Byrd a former KlansMan, still calling people N***** though he put white in front of it gets a pass because he is on Team Donkey.

Yes Farakhan says hateful things and some of the demographic he hates say hateful things too.

Yes Blacks and the Liberal Jewish community do have issues and on various talks how several claiming to represent south florida said they wont vote for Obama which led to responses from blacks.

I had more Jewish friends when living overseas (23) than in the states 3 and they are the conservative types and younger.

And yes Liberals use Hate to further their causes and that can be Gender, racial, religious and Class based Hate which can only be fixed thru raising taxes via mandates and or a new government program.

ND, I opened this thread just to see how many times you put the word "liberal" into your response. You didn't disapoint.

Guest sith lord

Good point. Farrakhan really has no real power in the big scheme of things. Some of our racist lawmakers do. Why not make a thread about some of them?

Good point. Farrakhan really has no real power in the big scheme of things. Some of our racist lawmakers do. Why not make a thread about some of them?

It is a TERRIBLE point in relation to a discussion about Farrakhan.

It is a good point in relation to a discussion concerning instituionalized racism in this country. Ironically, your last sentence is dead on.

IMO your perspective is not realistic

The overt form of racism is the easiest to get rid of but it still does exist in 2008. It is the institutionalized racism that is prevents the racial utopia you spoke of in the quote above.

Racism goes both ways...blacks and whites still have a lot of things they simply need to let go if we are to move forward. We have come a mighty long way but we have a long way to go hopefully together.:2cents:

I'm not talking about racial utopia, I am talking about the current race relations in the US compared to ANY society anywhere else in the world. The fact that there are so many people concerned about race relations (like yourself) is a testament to that. Even the most liberal countries in Europe have worse race relations than we do. Indians are treated like crap even on a person to person level in South America... Africa has genocides. Asia... the Middle East is horrible in that aspect. Even liberal countries like Japan are very xenophobic, and even super wealthy countries like the UAE treat non Arabs like dirt. I stand by my point. If there is a country with good race relations it is the United States. Do we have a long way to go? sure, we should always be striving for the ideal, but its ok to pat ourselves on the back every now and then.

Institutionalized racism, exists, but not in a purely racist way. Blacks are still in large part poorer than any other group... but is that the case because people are racist today? Or is that the case because as a group they have been faced all sorts of detriment earlier on, and we are still feeling the effects today.

Guest sith lord
Not only is Farrahkan an anti-semitic SOB, a virulent racist..

he is also one goofy weirdo.

But hey- he is black so he loves Obama. Wonder if blacks in America would be so accepting if it was David Duke "endorsing" McCain?!

yeah right..

Honestly, I could care less who David Duke endorses. And you make the assumption that blacks will endorse another black just because of skin color. And you call Farrahkan racist?

Archived