Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is Louis Farrakhan an agent of hate?

Zguy28

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I thought a lot of people liked him because of his involvement with the Million Man March?

Personally I think the purpose of the million man march was a good thing

It did not mean everyone in attendance was a devout follower of LF

The message of the march was definitely a good one for not just black men but all men.

It was the same things your bible teaches

Of course he is.

However, an obvious racist like Farrakhan is less dangerous than one who conceals their racism, like a Jesse Jackson.

That is the exact reason why i'm a firm believer in Freedom of Speech.

You learn who to take seriously the more they feel they can open their piehole.

Given his association with the Black Muslims, I'd have to say yes. The Black Muslims teach a strong hate and dislike of white people. While I'm black and I'd be EXTREMELY naive to say that there is no racial problem in this country, my God tells me to love and forgive everyone. What he and his group teach is no different than whites saying that blacks are inferior beings.

I know I am a "Obama hater" I am not trying to hijack the thread. However why did Obama's minister/mentor Jerimiah Wright give "Rev. Dr. Jeremiah A. Wright, Jr. Lifetime Achievement Trumpeteer" award?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXS_YrYp07Q

Is there a possible connection that Obama want's to try to distance himself from?

Of course there is. There's that connection, and that Farrakhan supports Obama's campaign. You may have heard that Jews are an important and influential part of the Democratic base. Obama distanced himself from Farrakhan's support, the same way you would expect a candidate to distance themselves from the support of a white supremacist group. It was specifically raised by Hillary at the debate, which is the only reason it's become a topic of conversation in the last few days.

But to me it's a non-issue. If Obama's minister thinks Farrakhan is the man, does that reflect on Obama himself? No, in this instance, because he has taken a stand and made his personal opinion known. So what more can he do? Quit the church because he disagrees with one thing his minister/mentor thinks? He'd be searching a long time before he found one he could stick with.

Of course there is. There's that connection, and that Farrakhan supports Obama's campaign. You may have heard that Jews are an important and influential part of the Democratic base. Obama distanced himself from Farrakhan's support, the same way you would expect a candidate to distance themselves from the support of a white supremacist group. It was specifically raised by Hillary at the debate, which is the only reason it's become a topic of conversation in the last few days.

But to me it's a non-issue. If Obama's minister thinks Farrakhan is the man, does that reflect on Obama himself? No, in this instance, because he has taken a stand and made his personal opinion known. So what more can he do? Quit the church because he disagrees with one thing his minister/mentor thinks? He'd be searching a long time before he found one he could stick with.

When I think of the words "minister" and "mentor" I think of someone who I would model myself after. IMO his minister should have never agreed with anything LF has ever said. If the pastor of my church gave the leader of the KKK an award, I would find a new church. Simple as that.

Is the next logical step for Obama to denounce Rev. Dr. Jerimiah Wright and his views of the white man?

When I think of the words "minister" and "mentor" I think of someone who I would model myself after. IMO his minister should have never agreed with anything LF has ever said. If the pastor of my church gave the leader of the KKK an award, I would find a new church. Simple as that.

Is the next logical step for Obama to denounce Rev. Dr. Jerimiah Wright and his views of the white man?

That's an extremely glib interpretation. It's not nearly that simple.

First of all, while it's easy to point at Farrakhan as an "agent of hate", he is not the leader of a hate group that is comparable to the KKK, so your hypothetical is invalid on its face.

You don't know what Wright's "views of the white man" are, and you can't assume what they are based on the fact that this one award was given to LF. Do you even know what the award was for, or what LF did to earn it (I didn't watch the video, so I don't)? If they were having huge struggles in the community, and LF came in and helped them raise a lot of money, rebuild the church, and generally did more to improve life in the community than anyone else, would he not merit an award for his service because of his unrelated views of Jewish people?

When are the white leaders going to repudiate the Strom Thurmonds and the Jessie Helms of the world?Not only were they racists, but had the POWER to project their views on others--unlilke the Minister.

Obama should have mentioned that President Clinton endorsed the "Million Man March" that was led by Farakhan..

ZGuy, what is the point of this poll?

To know.

Maybe I just don't watch enough TV or something, but I actually didn't know feelings so strong against Farrakhan. I thought a lot of people didn't like him, but to call him an "agent of hate" surprised me.

From the responses, I guess I was naive on the subject.

Anyone who has ever heard him speak would know he hates Jews.
I've only seen him speak once.

To be fair Hillary didn't bring the issue up . . . the moderator did. Hillary challenged him on the issue after she felt his denouncement wasn't strong enough.

LF never actually "endorsed" the Obama campaign from everything I have read, just said a lot of good things about it . . . which you would expect given his views. I would have definitely reconsidered my support if Obama had not denounced LF.

When are the white leaders going to repudiate the Strom Thurmonds and the Jessie Helms of the world?Not only were they racists, but had the POWER to project their views on others--unlilke the Minister.

Obama should have mentioned that President Clinton endorsed the "Million Man March" that was led by Farakhan..

those people are dying off or dead (like Strom Thurmond)

honestly, we have great race relations in this country, we should be happy. That overt sort racism has pretty much been stamped out. I mean even Farrakhan is a minor figure at best.

Aren't they dead?

By your logic, why didn't Obama denounce the March since Farrakhan led it?

those people are dying off or dead (like Strom Thurmond)

honestly, we have great race relations in this country, we should be happy. That overt sort racism has pretty much been stamped out. I mean even Farrakhan is a minor figure at best.

Completely disagree.

Better and improving would be more accurate IMHO.

Archived