Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Of "Thread Nazis", "Board Police", Mod wannabe's , ect...

PCS

Park City Skins,

Thank you for posting this. Recently, I posted an innocent thread about whether we should draft Mario Manningham. 5 different pseudo-policemen came in and told me I had committed a high crime and misdemeanor because there had been another thread about this subject THREE DAYS AGO! I looked and it wasn't even on the first two pages of threads. They continued to disrupt my thread, which now has over 115 responses, most on-topic about football.

Thank you for reminding them that chastising posters about non-issues is in fact counterproductive. It states in the rules that it's okay to post a thread if there's nothing on the first two pages, and I will continue to abide by that.

I'm going to give you 2 answers on this.

1). You missed the point of the thread.

2). LD0506 and bubba were and are correct. Refer back to the original post and answer 1.

I'm going to give you 2 answers on this.

1). You missed the point of the thread.

2). LD0506 and bubba were and are correct. Refer back to the original post and answer 1.

I have to show this to my wife, someone else actually said I was right about something!

The point is well taken by true Extremeskins. I was down for a while moving to Florida, and took about a year off from posting because I refused to use dial up internet, and that was all that was available to me for a year.

Now that I have the ultra speed cable modem, and the latest and greatest in software and hardware again, I have been back, and have seen some things I do not like.

There are too many people getting carried away with the insults, and the garbage real extremeskins are tired of.

This is Extremeskins, and heated debates are going to occur, but when they get personal, it's time to give them a little vacation on the first violation. A long vacation on their second, and I agree with some of my fellow extremeskins down right ban them on the third violation. Sort of the three strikes and your out mentality.

I may be considered a hard ass for my feelings on the subject, but this is suppose to be a fan community, not a forum for trolls looking for a fight. So, I depend on the mods to do their job, and stop the nonsense when necessary, and ban those who are frequent violators of the forum rules. I am not one to report violations of the rules, I just want to see this site be the best in the NFL.

For real, the oversized signature still hasn’t been taken down. Ridiculous how it goes unseen in his own thread

Ignoring the fact that this is not the brightest way to be talking to a moderator, your tone in this post, and the ones below, show you still don't get it. :(

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4953880&postcount=27

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4953573&postcount=46

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4949964&postcount=30

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4950043&postcount=183

What magnifies this all the more is all the mod time you wasted in PMs about such things for you to just turn around and get all up like this. Now that is ridiculous.

No surprise that this is another of those dudes who generates a bunch of user notes on a half dozen rule violations complete with argumentative responses and paranoia, and then acts like the board is the main problem. So, referring back to one of my instructions in PM, I think it has been demonstrated that this board may just be too backpack3r challenged.

I should post the link to the user notes here as an object lesson, so other guys can see what a problem child/mod interaction can look like. :) For 80% of you guys who pay attention, are accountable, and go forever with little or no mod actions, you would be all "lmfao" over seeing even this rather light example of how long stuff can go on until we finally NAILBOMB9 someone. :)

How can you possibly have had the time to make 27,000 posts, when you are working mending fences, and trying to keep the coyotes off the south range? ;) :laugh:

We joined ES about the same time, and I am retired now and I only got 9,000. :D

speaking of "only 9,000 posts" who's knob did you schlob to retain your ring of fame avatar, when the bar was raised :laugh:

speaking of "only 9,000 posts" who's knob did you schlob to retain your ring of fame avatar, when the bar was raised :laugh:

I thought you had to do some work and were having your account "locked" temporarily :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

You aren't making money hanging out here ;)

What magnifies this all the more is all the mod time you wasted in PMs about such things for you to just turn around and get all up like this.

Now this is a good example of what many of us see as a major problem. The mods here are few in number and devote a lot of time and effort into maintaining the board. The overwhelming majority of members are aware of that and appreciate their efforts. There are and always will be issues that need addressing with individuals, it is just the way things are when you deal with a large diverse group of people, but I would be willing to bet that a rather small percentage of the membership generate the majority of mod interactions. Now, I have no facts and figures on this but it seems apparent that the same names keep popping up in reference to rule violations.

A lot of people worry far more than they should. Anyone that has spent any time here at all knows that the staff is very easygoing and has a light touch about infractions. No one gets banned for disagreeing, no one is going to be banned for l33t-speak, they don't even act against those most egregious of posters, Dallas fans. But there are those that act the fool over and over, refuse to listen to advice or modify their behavior in any positive fashion. I have to think that we would all breath easier if that futile fraction were culled from the herd.

Take what you want from this board. You are not important enough to dictate what is posted nor what is policed. If it's not a great disturbance keep your mouth shut, you're not important enought that your bunched panties should cause others' disturbances. If you can glance over a post and continue on, it's wonderful, if you can't, then wonder if others can. If you are truly bothered by something, then report it. If it's something that you simply don't like, realize you're not important enough to dictate the manner of everyone's being, and continue on with your reading.

Your lovely board reader,

Tryfuhl.

So let me guess tryfuhl, you didn't actually read anything here beyond the title of the thread didya?

I like the idea Mark, reminds me of this......

The comedian Gallagher once suggested issuing drivers pistols and darts with an attached "stupid" flag. If someone cut them off in traffic, a driver would shoot at their car with a stupid dart. If a cop saw a car with more than five stupid darts, the driver would be pulled over and ticketed for being an idiot.

You would have members here that looked like porcupines :laugh:

So let me guess tryfuhl, you didn't actually read anything here beyond the title of the thread didya?

The comedian Gallagher once suggested issuing drivers pistols and darts with an attached "stupid" flag. If someone cut them off in traffic, a driver would shoot at their car with a stupid dart. If a cop saw a car with more than five stupid darts, the driver would be pulled over and ticketed for being an idiot.

The only problem I see with the whole idea, is who has the dart gun. Lot of quick drawing guys with camo unis running around the board might get in the way of normal traffic. :silly: Doesn't the little triangle do the same thing?

So let me guess LD0506, you are one of the moderator wannabes

wonderful, thanks for taking it upon yourself to dictate this board

Archived