Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: Rob Morris among Colts Cuts

Wakeboarder020

http://proxy.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3267801

he Colts cleared close to $8 million in cap room Wednesday by releasing defensive tackle Anthony "Booger" McFarland and middle linebacker Rob Morris. Both players, who entered last year's training camp as starters, spent much of the season on injured reserve. Morris participated in only 57 plays on the Colts defense last year. McFarland missed the entire season.

They were released after they both failed physicals.

Morris is a former No. 1 choice of the Colts who was an excellent run-stopper. During the Colts Super Bowl year in 2006, he moved to strong-side linebacker late in the year and helped improve the team's run defense with his tackling ability and toughness.

After reading this article I like the idea of us possibly signing Rob Morris. I feel he would be an excellent replacement for the injured Rocky McIntosh until he is healthy and will come much cheaper than Lance Briggs. Just a tought, but what do you guys think? Obviously he would need to pass a physical but I thought I'd throw this idea out there...

Sometimes teams will say that a player fails a physical just to get rid of them. John Lynch failed a physical, which was why he was released in Tampa. He has been productive ever since then. I'm not saying thats what is going on here and I don't think that we should sign this guy, but failing a physical can mean something or nothing.

Blades can play any of the three linebacker positions imo. As someone else posted, the youth movement and our own system needs to start now. He looked very very good to me in his limited playing time last year and if Rocky isn't ready to go, I want to see Blades in there. A few plays last year had me believing he may actually be our most "explosive" linebacker and he is like London in that he is always in the right place imo. I want to see him in there and I think he deserves a starting job if Rocky isn't there or if Marcus gets hurt this year. Bring in some quality depth guys, but not somone like Morris. I love the guy and think he's a good player. But I'd just rather keep what we have and maybe pick up someone a little cheaper in free agency since our later draft picks would be better used elsewhere.

Archived