Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Stafford teen charged :Update: They followed me home from the bar!

THEArmchairQB

http://www.fredericksburg.com/News/Web/2008/022008/0227st1

Victims told police they had just gotten home from a party when an armed suspect came up and ordered the passenger out of the car and onto the ground.

Date published: 2/27/2008

BY KEITH EPPS

A Stafford teenager has been arrested in connection with a robbery and assault that occurred early Jan. 31 in a southern Stafford neighborhood.

The robbery occurred at 1:25 a.m. on Rubins Walk in Argyle Hills, Sheriff’s spokesman Bill Kennedy said.

Two men in their 20s told police they had just gotten home from a party and were parked in the driveway when an armed suspect came up and ordered the passenger out of the car and onto the ground.

The victim told the masked gunman he couldn’t get on the ground because of an injury, but he gave up his wallet, police said.

The driver was punched in the face after he told the robber that he didn’t have any money.

Kennedy said information from the Fredericksburg Police Department was instrumental in Tuesday’s arrest.

Later on the morning of the robbery, Kennedy said, city police came upon the teenager after responding to a “suspicious activity” report outside the Hard Times Cafe near Princess Anne Street and U.S. 1.

A city officer noticed items that had been stolen in the Stafford robbery, but the officer did not yet know about the incident.

After receiving information about the robbery, city police contacted Stafford authorities and told them about the encounter. Kennedy would not say what items were spotted.

Stafford Detective Joe McDermott later searched the boy’s home and found the handgun and other items associated with the robbery.

The boy is charged with robbery, attempted robbery, malicious wounding, wounding in the commission of a felony, wearing a mask in public, using a firearm in the commission of a felony and brandishing a firearm.

His name was not released because he has not yet been certified to be tried as an adult.

The boy is being held in the Rappahannock Regional Juvenile Detention Center.

Keith Epps: 540/374-5404

kepps@freelancestar.com

Read more stories about Stafford

Date published: 2/27/2008

Huh, crazy...I work at the Free Lance-Star and live in Spotsy and never heard about this. Glad you're ok. I didn't know Stafford was becoming ghetto-fied.

My son's roommate at UMW got mugged on Princess Anne St. which didn't shock me all that much, but you don't expect a robbery in a suburb.

haha thats crazy...that hard times is like 2 miles away from my house. That area back there has always been a little shady. People who live in Stafford/F'burg knwo what I'm talkin about. You know the little area that begins right after Carl's and ends at the beginning of downtown F'burg near the library?

haha thats crazy...that hard times is like 2 miles away from my house. That area back there has always been a little shady. People who live in Stafford/F'burg knwo what I'm talkin about. You know the little area that begins right after Carl's and ends at the beginning of downtown F'burg near the library?

You mean the area of Princess Anne near Anne's Grill, Dinty Moore's, and the community center? That area is definitely a little shady.

Also shady is the single block of Caroline Street immediately before the block that the library is on. All of Caroline is nice except that one block. It has always baffled me.

You mean the area of Princess Anne near Anne's Grill, Dinty Moore's, and the community center? That area is definitely a little shady.

Also shady is the single block of Caroline Street immediately before the block that the library is on. All of Caroline is nice except that one block. It has always baffled me.

Yep, that is where I'm talking about. Also, that few blocks of houses and that motel near the Hardee's. Ghetto! :laugh:

I think i might know this kid. I go to a small private school and he went there for about a month. Got kicked out for stealing quarters out of a change machine. I'm not positive it's him, but I remember everyone at my school talking about how he had been charged with all that and he was from there, so I doubt it's a different person.

Good lord, you guys are bringing up memories. I grew up in Grafton Village, then moved to just outside of Briarwood, where my parents still live.

My whole family still lives right around there and I heard about this after it happened. Some people are crazy.

Anyways, I am happy the kid was caught, and I am happy you are OK TheArmchairQB.

Yep, that is where I'm talking about. Also, that few blocks of houses and that motel near the Hardee's. Ghetto! :laugh:

There is actually a bar right around there, closer to downtown called Happy Endings. It looks like a pretty cool place, and apparently a lot of people go there, but I was always intrigued by the name :)

UPDATE: I talked to the detective in charge of my case last night. He said there were actually two arrests made, one 17 y/o and one 19 y/o. He said that they were in the parking lot at the bar (Hard Times at Four Mile Fork) and just decided to follow us home to mug us.

He said the county will do everything they can to have them charged as an adult. Stafford County apparently has a top notch Attorney's office with a very good track record for putting dangerous criminals away.

Also he said more arrests are likely to come, although from unrelated cases, because of the imformation they are finding out from the suspects in my case.

Were you the injured passenger or the driver that got punched? Either way, I vote for prosecution and the electric chair.

I was the passenger.

I grew up in Grafton Village. It's a damn shame what has happened to that area.

Growing up in Stafford was great. You knew the bad parts of the area and stayed out of them. Now it is totally different. :(

HOLY CRAP! I grew up right next door in Briarwood Estates!

Yeah the area has really gone down hill in the last couple of years. I actually live in a fairly nice neighborhood, the newer section that connects to Briarwood. The townhomes over by Giant are pretty sketchy now too.

Apparently the bar we like to shoot pool at has become a hotbed for criminal activity. I have been privy to a lot of information because of my case and the police say that it has basically become a hangout for local scum. I guess its time for us to find a new pool hall.

Archived