Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moss to sign longterm with Pats (Briggs with 49ers)

#21Taylor4Ever

Citing two NFL sources, AOL Sports' Sean Jensen reports Randy Moss is expected to sign a "multi-year deal" to stay in New England.

There was never much doubt Moss would stay with the Super Bowl runner-ups. Moss' deal, which can't become official until Friday at 12AM, figures to make him the NFL's richest wideout, though it may be surpassed by Larry Fitzgerald's deal later in the offseason. The contract is expected to be for three years, $30 million with $12-15 million guaranteed. Jensen adds that impending free agent Lance Briggs is slated to sign with San Francisco. Feb. 27 - 1:15 am et

Source: AOL Sports

Two more Redskin targets appear to be headed elsewhere. This offseason will be a lot less active then some of us orginally thought. Of course there's still hope of Chad or Roy Williams. As for the LB issue, I say we take Kawika Mitchell or Colvin in a 1 year deal.

I don't think the team was going to be after Briggs anyways, despite all of JLC's talk about it

Hopefully Rocky is able to recover in time to be effective next season. He won't be as explosive unfourtantley.

I really cannot think of any 12:01 targets that the Redskins usually have in this FA class. And the Ocho-Cinco deal is out of their hands as of now

It could be as quiet as the 2002 offseason. "Cheap and available" may be the name of the game

Two more Redskin targets appear to be headed elsewhere. This offseason will be a lot less active then some of us orginally thought. Of course there's still hope of Chad or Roy Williams. As for the LB issue, I say we take Kawika Mitchell or Colvin in a 1 year deal.

Roy Williams?!?!? there should be no hope we sign him -- highly overrated, horse-collaring, burnt toast safety... we'd be better off playing with 10 on D. :dallasuck

I'm actually a bit surprised a team like the 49ers are going after him since they run the 3-4. Not quite sure how he exactly fits in that mold. Personally, thought Tampa would make a strong run at him since they run the Cover-2, which IMO is what Briggs is better suited for.

Randy Moss was out the question for me, but Briggs i thought be be possible given the amount of interest from last year..

A side of me is content with not signing big name FA, the other side of me

was excited about the "Breaking News...Skins sign X players"

Roy Williams?!?!? there should be no hope we sign him -- highly overrated, horse-collaring, burnt toast safety... we'd be better off playing with 10 on D. :dallasuck

Settle down tiger. He meant Roy Williams the WR from Detroit. Supposedly he is available for a 2nd round draft pick.

Good info 21Taylor! I'm not so sure either of those were really high on our list though. I'm taking Cerrato at his word that we will not overpay for players this year. Both Moss and Briggs would have required us to overpay.

Now we can focus on the other couple dozen rumors!

Hail,

H

Good info 21Taylor! I'm not so sure either of those were really high on our list though. I'm taking Cerrato at his word that we will not overpay for players this year. Both Moss and Briggs would have required us to overpay.

Now we can focus on the other couple dozen rumors!

Hail,

H

I was a bit surprised with a few sites thinking we'd make Briggs the highest paid LB. I have a degenerative knee problem just like Rocky, and I'm able to move around as if it was normal. I think Rocky is our future star @ LB, Blades is next in line @ MLB.

If we sign anyone it should be Mitchell from NY for a fraction of what Briggs will cost.

Briggs to SF?? I thought Briggs whole thing last year was that he wanted to go to a team where he would be "the man". I thought he didn't wanna play in an Urlacher's shadow his whole career.

Maybe he hasn't heard about that Willis kid they have out there in SF......but uh, he's pretty damn good. I guess Lance thinks he'll have the oppurtunity to one up him or something.

Dude, Roy Williams from Detroit!

I agree with you about the cowpuke horse-collaring, burnt toast safety. He's a puck and overrated!

I for one dont think we will be as active in FA than previous years. Majority of FA we have aquired have been busts. Even Snyder is getting sick of spendin so much money on guys who not underperform, never hit the field. I dont consider 25 catches in 2 seasons with the skins HITTING THE FIELD for poopy Lloyd. We might pick up a couple guys but nothing that SAYS WOW MAJOR SIGNING. We will draft and build for long haul. That is just me though.

Archived