Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What FA do you want your team to sign?

DWinzit

I honestly don't see too many FAs out there (with no tag) that I want the Skins to sign. Gibril Wilson would be nice, and would allow LaRon to play FS, but I'd like to see how Doughty pans out. Maybe Briggs, but now that Rocky is going to be healthy in time for the season, its not as pressing a need. I'd like to see the Skins use all their draft picks for once to shore up depth. :)

I'd really like the Skins to make a run for Bryant Johnson. He's from Baltimore which is close to home which is a big deal to alot of people and is a former 1st round pick who should be entering his prime. He is also 6'3'' and about 215-220lbs. I think he could be a solid pick up at the right price. He caught 40-50 passes this past season which is not bad considering he was 3rd string to boldin and fitz.

I'd really like the Skins to make a run for Bryant Johnson. He's from Baltimore which is close to home which is a big deal to alot of people and is a former 1st round pick who should be entering his prime. He is also 6'3'' and about 215-220lbs. I think he could be a solid pick up at the right price. He caught 40-50 passes this past season which is not bad considering he was 3rd string to boldin and fitz.

He's a career under achiever. He was the first round draft pick when they took Boldin in the 2nd. I'd rather sign Hackett, only I'd rather Draft Sweed than sign Hacket.

I think DJ Hackett would be the best option for the Skins in Free Agency. Although he's had problems staying healthy, the guys been a playmaker when he's been on the field.

"Hackett had 3 highly productive (and 100 yard+) games in a featured role. He had 4 contests in which he recorded 6 or more receptions, of just 6 games total in which he played a significant number of snaps in."

]']He's a career under achiever. He was the first round draft pick when they took Boldin in the 2nd. I'd rather sign Hackett' date=' only I'd rather Draft Sweed than sign Hacket.[/quote']

But its easy to take a backseat when your on the same team as Boldin and Fitzs. I'm honestly more interested in Bryant Johnson then I am in a guy like Hackett who you know is not going to be able to play the whole year. We already have a suspect healthy WR in Moss, we need players who can stay healthy.

In order of who i want the most that would fit the giants needs and team:

Gibril Wilson

Madieau Williams

Lance Briggs

Kawika Mitchell

Landon Johnson

Bryant Johnson

Andre Davis

Bernard Berrian

Drayton Florence

Derrick Ward

Mewelde Moore

I expect only gibril, mitchell, and ward to be giants at the end of FA, the rest are just hopes that will not happnen. Reese will only add young talent and only at the right price but i think those guys fit who the giants could want. If the giants get gibril back anything else is just icing on the cake imo. He would leave a glaring hole at FS.

Gibril Wilson

Madieau Williams

Lance Briggs

Kawika Mitchell

Landon Johnson

Bryant Johnson

Andre Davis

Bernard Berrian

Drayton Florence

Derrick Ward

Mewelde Moore

I expect only gibril, mitchell, and ward to be giants at the end of FA, the rest are just hopes that will not happnen. Reese will only add young talent and only at the right price but i think those guys fit who the giants could want. If the giants get gibril back anything else is just icing on the cake imo. He would leave a glaring hole at FS.

Yeah, I'm pretty hopeful that the Gibril-to-Philly rumors are true.

He might be an underachiever now, but coming to a team where he is close to home he can feel a bit more comfortable and im sure he still wants to prove that he isnt a bust. I'm saying we should sign him for the right price. I still think we need to draft a wr in rounds 2 or 3

I figured Wilson and Mitchell would have been signed before FA. I do think Ward will be back. I'm not sure what to expect from Reese but I do think he cracks that wallet a little with a couple middle of the road FA's.

Gibril Wilson

Giants | G. Wilson might not return to team

Wed, 27 Feb 2008 18:26:50 -0800

Mike Garafalo, of the Newark Star-Ledger, reports the New York Giants might not bring S Gibril Wilson back to the team. Wilson, who can become an unrestricted free agent Friday, Feb. 29, is looking for a contract that will pay him around $5 million per season. The Giants are unlikely to match what he is looking for, as they would think they are overpaying for a player who is a decent safety but not elite.

Yeah, I'm pretty hopeful that the Gibril-to-Philly rumors are true.

What do you think of the possibility of Berrian coming to Philly? He hasn't been mentioned with regard to them, but to me, he's like a better Todd Pinkston. As much ridicule as Pinkston had heaped on him, he was good at what he did, which was stretch the field with his speed. I could see AR wanting BB for that role.

Archived