Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Three Reasons McCain won't win

The_cavalierman

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I found this quite interesting and thought I would share it...(not my view)

Three Reasons Why McCain Can't Win The General Election

First you have to assume Hillary gets the nomination, which despite Obama-mania is now all but a lock. She's forcing him to rely too much on the Black vote, which is just what she wanted to accomplish. She gets Hispanics overwhelming and the more Obama pursues the Black vote, the more he'll lose among middle-class whites. She wants to run against Jesse Jackson, not Martin Luther King. Obama's future victory in South Carolina will make Obama look like exactly what he didn't want to be - the Black candidate in the race. The Democrat machine proves too powerful for Obama's rhetorical gifts. And at his age, he'll accept it and not fuel a black/white split within the Democrat Party.

Once we reach the General, she'll take away McCain's only real strength with his own words. He conveniently provided

: "Bomb, bomb, bomb, bomb, bomb Iran." They'll weave a narrative between his well-known temper and foreign policy, making him look like a loose cannon a war weary general electorate won't go near. This is already up at Democrats.org.

Temper, Temper: Immigration Outburst Shows Pressure Getting to McCain

The second item is distasteful, but it's already hit the media again via Newsweek and it needs be mentioned because it plays right into Hillary's wheelhouse. It will be used by Clinton, Inc., most likely through a surrogate and/or 527. If you think women are going overwhelmingly for Hillary in the primary, you ain't seen nothing, yet.

The Perot-McCain relationship goes back to McCain's five and a half years of captivity in Hanoi. When McCain's then-wife Carol was in a serious car accident, McCain's mother called Perot for help. "She asked me to send my people to Philadelphia to take care of the family," Perot says. Afterwards, McCain was grateful. "We loved him [Perot] for it," McCain told me in 2000.

Perot doesn't remember it that way. "After he came home, he walked with a limp, she [Carol McCain] walked with a limp. So he threw her over for a poster girl with big money from Arizona [Cindy McCain, his current wife] and the rest is history."

The third item is dismissing this spin from Patrick Hynes. The disaffection with McCain among the most loyal of the GOP base, conservatives, will suppress the vote enough to make winning the presidency an ocean too wide for McCain to swim. The Mac may indeed be back, unfortunately, the GOP is not. McCain will sink as Bob Dole II, not triumph like some returning General MacArthur wading through the surf.

Link

Does this theory make sense?

I think the dems have an 80% chance of winning this year.

McCain's temper: he got in a senators face and said Fu.. and gives the finger.

Spend 20 minutes about fraud/waste/abuse at congress and not congradulate mcCain on his restraint.

Bomb Iran: We'd all like too... but we won't. Israel will either 1st or in response.

His wife:... so he just got back from being tortured and were going to jump on him for making a bad decision.. I've been divorced twice because i suck at it.. big deal.

I think McCain won't win because he probably won't be running against Hillary.

Seems that voters like the outsiders without a huge voting record, or history in D.C.

Look at W, Clinton, and Reagan.

Senators have more to get slammed on, fair or unfair.

Now that its Senator vs. Senator. Its going to be the one with the shortest voting record.

1. The first one has a date of May 21, 2007. So "already up" really does not apply does it.

2. Perot just happens to call Alter, then Alter blasts McCain with Perot's words. Perot's an odd guy, not sure anyone takes him too seriously. No right winger takes Alter seriously.

3. GOP base may or may not come out for McCain, no one knows. They may come out against Hillary. Let McCain get the nomination, then we'll see where the right wing media comes out. Fact is, Graham, Limbaugh, Hannity etc are entertainers, if they think that their bottom line (ratings, money) will be helped by a Hillary presidency they'll bash McCain every step of the way. Very little to do with their honest opinion of the guy.

All 3 are opinionated bashings of McCain from the left because he is essentially the Republican candidate. We'll see what happens when the right starts the same stuff against the Democratic challenger.

This article is crap. All the polls show that if it was Clinton/McCain McCain would win. Obama has moved to far ahead and Hillary if floundering and the whole pictures of him in Somolia trying to make him look like a terrorist is a last ditch effort and a poor one at that.

The marriage thing is stupid "Clintons husband" enough said.

The GOP will rally because they can't stand the fact of losing even more power. They would vote for a piece of toast as long as it was red as long as it would keep a democrat out.

I think the dems have an 80% chance of winning this year.

I wouldn't say 80%....I would say 49% chance for Hillary and about 56% for Obama.

McCain's temper: he got in a senators face and said Fu.. and gives the finger.

Spend 20 minutes about fraud/waste/abuse at congress and not congradulate mcCain on his restraint.

He is a hot head and that could prove problematic. The last thing the country needs is another over reactive POTUS.

Bomb Iran: We'd all like too... but we won't. Israel will either 1st or in response.

Actually many Americans have no desire what so ever to bomb Iran. For those of us that know we started meddling in Iran's affairs back in 1953 thanks to Dwight Eisenhower (republican) we want to keep an eye on Iran but not bomb them. The last thing most Americans and the military want is another military campaign. (see Bush approval ratings) (also see who the majority of military political donations are going to...Ron Paul and Obama)

His wife:... so he just got back from being tortured and were going to jump on him for making a bad decision.. I've been divorced twice because i suck at it.. big deal.

Women never forget and most American women do not take kindly to men dumping women for trophy wives (unless of course they are the trophy). If someone leaks this story even the conservatives who don't really like McCain might stay home and not vote. Considering 98% of women are not trophy wives McCain will pay for that at the ballot box. Women NEVER forget.

Archived