Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Recievers: Who will be back and who wont be?

SteveFromYellowstone

I think it's reasonable to say we would keep 6 or so recievers on our roster, but the question is, who will still be here and who won't be?

Caldwell made some nice catches this season, Keenan helped us out some, and Mix shows alot of promise on special teams. Will Lloyd prosper in this system, or will he be gone before the season starts? Will Thrash be released?

If Danny Smith is back as our ST coach (he is, right) that gives Thrash a leg up.

I believe McCardell and Caldwell are gone.

Zorn may give BL a shot to redeem himself in the new offense, but who knows how that turns out.

At the end of the day I think it will be Tana, ARE, Thrash, Mix, Free Agent, Rookie.

I wouldnt cry if Thrash was gone and Caldwell stuck around.

However, if Thrash stays, I wanna see him returning punts and not ARE. Hell...Id rather see an OL returning punts than ARE. At least he will get two or three yards after he runs forward and knocks the pile backwards.

I still remember that return Thrash made, good stuff lol

I see the Redskins letting go of BL and Caldwell and trading for Javon Walker. Chad Johnson will come at too high a price. I hear Denver wants a 4th rounder for him and I would be willing up a similar pick to get him. Our starting WR's next year: Walker, Santana, ARE, Thrash and a rookie

I wouldnt mind keeping McCardell. It seemed that Jason really felt comfortable going his way and trusting he will come up with the ball. He has had WCO experience and would sign for Vet Min. I liked Caldwell but my guess is he will go somewhere where he can get more playing time. I have no idea about Thrash now that Gibbs is gone but he showed he still has some speed. I'm sure Mix will be back as well.

Beyond the fact that McCardell and Caldwell are not likely to get resigned and that it is likely that the Skins will part ways with Brandon Lloyd, I expect everyone else on the roster will go to camp, plus or minus some scrubs.

11 Espy, Mike WR 5-11 195 2 Mississippi 11-29-1982

12 Harris, Steven WR 5-10 183 2 Arkansas 11-10-1981

13 Mann, Maurice WR 6-1 190 1 Nevada 09-14-1982

82 Randle El, Antwaan WR 5-10 190 5 Indiana 08-17-1979

16 McMullen, Billy WR 6-4 215 4 Virginia 03-08-1980

19 Mix, Anthony WR 6-5 235 1 Auburn 01-20-1983

89 Moss, Santana WR 5-10 200 6 Miami (Fla.) 06-01-1979

83 Thrash, James WR 6-0 204 11 Missouri Southern 04-28-1975

18 Toler, Burl WR 6-2 185 1 California 04-07-1983

Beyond that, who knows who will make the club.

Jason

I always find it best to look at the depth chart.

1. Moss

2. The FO/Zorn have made it clear they are bringing in a FA to fill this spot. The top prospects seem to be Hackett/Porter/Bryant Johnson.

3. Randle-El

4. Thrash

5. Mix

6. Espy

McMullen/Harris/Toler

We might only go 5 WR's. It will be interesting to se if Espy is able to rebound from his injury. Any drafted WR would fit in based on round picked, but no higher than fourth.

If Danny Smith is back as our ST coach (he is, right) that gives Thrash a leg up.

I believe McCardell and Caldwell are gone.

Zorn may give BL a shot to redeem himself in the new offense, but who knows how that turns out.

At the end of the day I think it will be Tana, ARE, Thrash, Mix, Free Agent, Rookie.

:cheers: Totally agree with you. I think & HOPE BLloyd is GONE, and while I would like to keep Caldwell I don't think we will. But there are more WR's on roster currently as well.

11 Espy, Mike WR 5-11 195

86 Caldwell, Reche (gone) WR 6-0 210

12 Harris, Steven (camp fodder) WR 5-10 183

85 Lloyd, Brandon (gone) WR 6-0 200

80 McCardell, Keenan (gone) WR 6-1 188

13 Mann, Maurice (camp fodder) WR 6-1 190

82 Randle El, Antwaan (#3) WR 5-10 190

16 McMullen, Billy WR 6-4 215

19 Mix, Anthony WR 6-5 235

89 Moss, Santana WR 5-10 200

83 Thrash, James WR 6-0 204

18 Toler, Burl WR 6-2 185

So with that I really don't see Caldwell sticking to roster, being more expensive, and having some younger/taller options. I think when it all comes down, we will have Moss, El, Mix, Thrash, leaving 2 roster spots, if we don't address a BIG F/A TALL WR then I fully expect us to draft one. Which would then let Espy, McMullen, and Toler to battle it out for the remaining roster spot. I then think Mix and winner of battle above, and rookie to battle it out for #2 WR position so we can move EL to his natural slot WR position.

As far as WRs who could/will see the field, Moss, ARE, Mix, and Espy should be back, and that is about it. James Thrash is great on special teams, and could be back because of his WCO experience with Philly.

Caldwell, per JLC, has injury concern, and if he doesn't could get a better shot at starting elsewhere. McCardell probably won't be back, I wouldn't be surprised if he decides to retire. Brandon Lloyd is gone, how soon depends on whether or not a trade is an option.

I hope we keep Caldwell, He became clutch for us later in the season, especially on those 10 yard routes. Honestly, if a team had 4 WR's who could only catch 10 yard passes, which I guess is what the WCO likes to do, we'd be pretty damn good.

I think Caldwell stays. It's between Mix and Thrash for that spot, and I think it may be time Thrash calls it quits and we go with the younger Mix who may have potential as a goal-line WR and a reserve blocker.

This should leave Moss, Randle El, Caldwell, Mix. The next two picks will be a combo of a free agent/trade/draft pick/ and/or McMullen or Espy.

I always find it best to look at the depth chart.

1. Moss

2. The FO/Zorn have made it clear they are bringing in a FA to fill this spot. The top prospects seem to be Hackett/Porter/Bryant Johnson.

3. Randle-El

4. Thrash

5. Mix

6. Espy

McMullen/Harris/Toler

We might only go 5 WR's. It will be interesting to se if Espy is able to rebound from his injury. Any drafted WR would fit in based on round picked' date=' but no higher than fourth.[/quote']

Thrash will be gone.

Thrash will be gone.
Not necessarily. He is a top special teamer with experience in a WCO. However, his best attribute has been the excellent rapport he has shown with Campbell in limited opportunities. Two years ago when we were ravaged by injuries, Thrash was the one guy stepping up and making plays, becoming Campbell's outlet. With a cap # of less than a million, it would be foolish to let him go.

Makes it even more simple.

Let's just say that the only way Mix is in the mix for a WR slot on this team is if we do not acquire a WR in the draft or FA.

I disagree. if you see my earlier list he is fifth on the depth chart and that includes the addition of a WR in the draft or free agency. We may even go with 6 WR's which would greatly increase his odds. Caldwell is not under contract and there are injury concerns(degenerative knee condition). If anything, I would love to draft his brother Andre who was a beast in the postseason allstar games and has done even better at the combine. However, it looks like it will take a 1st to grab him and we have greater needs.

I think if Mix can impress Zorn at training camp, Thrash may be gone. Lloyd MAY get another shot, but I seriously doubt it. I agree with other posts saying we'll bring in a FA and also draft a WR, so it's really hard to say at this stage who stays and who goes. I'd say only Moss and ARE are completely safe.

I'm a big fan of B. Lloyd and would love to see Zorn "revive his career" like he said he's going to try to do and also I've heard that it's a bigger cap hit to get rid of him than to keep him, but I've just always felt like he wouldn't be back next year. But with what Zorn said and the cap thing and all that, I'll say he'll be back. Caldwell is another guy that I've kinda had a feeling he'd be gone next year, but I'd love to see him stay. I don't know, it's kind of hard to say right now without knowing who we're going to sign/trade for/draft. I think we keep Thrash for returns if nothing else, he's always out there with Rock and I've read that Rock is probably gone. Mix is probably gone, he was just signed near the end of the year, we had extra room cause of guys on IR and ****, I don't think we'll keep him, but he's another guy I'd like to keep and see what he can do. McCardell I have no idea what to say. Obviously Moss and ARE are staying. Did I leave anyone out?

Archived