Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WR DeSean Jackson weighs in at only 5-9 169!

inmate running the asylum

http://rotoworld.com/content/HeadLines.aspx?sport=NFL&hl=112774

California WR DeSean Jackson measured in at 5'9/169 at the NFL Combine weigh-in.

This is significant. Jackson was listed at 6'0/172 during his Cal days. He still has superior explosiveness to hang his hat on, but teams may not view such a diminutive player as a legitimate outside receiver right away. Expect Jackson to fall at least to the bottom of the first round. Feb. 22 - 12:13 pm et

I guess we can call him a Smurf now! :laugh:

You can't believe those college press guides and athletic directors. This reminds of last year when DE Mathias Kiwanuka measured in at only 6-5. The Boston College press guide had always claimed he was another "Too Tall Jones" or 6-9. :laugh:

Every player's measurements are fudged. I remember alot of Basketball players coming out of college that we always called 7 footers and some of them were only like 6-9 or 6-10. Charles Barkley was always listed at 6-6, but he's more like 6-4.

I'd be interested to hear Barkley say how tall he is. I've been in the same room with him and I can't say he seemed taller than me. Obviously that isn't a real measurement, but I'd still be surprised to hear that he had two inches on me.

He'll fall quite a bit for that. However, he was a decent prospect earlier. Mel Kiper had him as #10 overall on his Big Board about a month ago. And short guys can still have an impact. Wes Welker's probably the best inside receiver now, and he's 5'9" 185 lbs.

What's rough for Jackson is look at Ginn from last year. Loads of talent but just tiny.

I just don't see DeSean Jackson running across the middle against LaRon Landry, Ken Hamlin etc. and getting up from a hit.

What will happen :

He'll fall quite a bit for that. However, he was a decent prospect earlier. Mel Kiper had him as #10 overall on his Big Board about a month ago. And short guys can still have an impact. Wes Welker's probably the best inside receiver now, and he's 5'9" 185 lbs.

5'9 185 is a great height to weight ratio imo. Welker can take the heavy blows because he is built right. Jackson is taller by an inch and weights 16 pounds less, that is scary as hell. Play press man with your biggest corner and throw him around like a rag doll. Unless he can consistently defeat press man coverage in the nfl he is gonna need to bulk up a lot or be moved around every play.

What's rough for Jackson is look at Ginn from last year. Loads of talent but just tiny.

I just don't see DeSean Jackson running across the middle against LaRon Landry, Ken Hamlin etc. and getting up from a hit.

What will happen :

Thing is, DeSean won't get hit -- he's THAT quick. :)

...I've been a Cal football fan for years now and have watched DeSean's college career. Believe me, every Cal fan knew DeSean was nowhere 6 feet. We always thought 5'10, tops.

Archived