Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How old were you when you moved out?

Guest sith lord

Guest sith lord

I was 20 when I left the nest for good. The reason I ask this is because I have a friend who's 35, with a child none the less, who continues to live at home. He's a longtime friend, but it kind of pisses me off to see any man that's afraid to step out on his own. I'm sure he's not the only one, but I'll never understand why any man would want to live in their parents house as an adult. First, you have no privacy. Second, I would think any man would want to be the king of their own castle.

Any thoughts?

does college count? if so, 18. I already had a job when I graduated. I spent two weeks at home after graduation and then I relocated to another state to start my job.

My parents from the time I was young told me that I would be out of the house at age 18 no matter what. That if I wanted to go to college, they'd help... but either way I was gone. It was not up for negotiation.

23 - and I am 39, married with 2 kids and I still have nightmares that I have to move back in with my parents (even though they are 2 great people).

I have a friend who is 46 and never lived a day of his life outside his parents home. His mom still makes his bed and I am pretty sure he is a virgin. Still, he is going to inherit his parents Insurance Company one day, so maybe he did the right thing.

Guest sith lord
maybe if his family is well off and he wants to be close to the cash?

he is saving up for something (retirement, car, house)?

may he IS the king of the castle.

why does it piss YOU off? b/c he has more spending money than you?

To answer all your questions. NO. I have a much better job than he does. Actually, I don't know if he is or not the king of the castle. But I think I pretty much know what's going on. He would never admit this, but he's been spoiled. He was pretty much raised as an only child. I'll explain it the best way I can. He jumps from one low paying job to another knowing good and well that his mom and grandma won't put him out with a low income job. I've even offered to try to get him in where I work. It falls on deaf ears.

23 - and I am 39, married with 2 kids and I still have nightmares that I have to move back in with my parents (even though they are 2 great people).

I have a friend who is 46 and never lived a day of his life outside his parents home. His mom still makes his bed and I am pretty sure he is a virgin. Still, he is going to inherit his parents Insurance Company one day, so maybe he did the right thing.

Who is he going to pass that company along to? I'd rather live in squalor than exist in comfort.

I moved out at 22 and wish I would have stayed home until I was married. My brother, 18 months younger than I, stayed at home until he was 26 and saved up a boatload of money. My dad would have let me live for free for as long as I liked. I had no reason to move out and should have stayed home - nice house with a pool and huge tv -- could crash at boyfriends anytime I wanted. I was silly to move out.

No, he didn't.

Guest sith lord

My personal opinion, a real man makes his own home. Sure, I would love to stockpile cash and buy more expensive cars, but I wouldn't even trade that in for the entitlement that having your own home gets you.

In all seriousness, why would any woman want a man that still lives at home?

In all seriousness, why would any woman want a man that still lives at home?

Hung like a mule, good job,good looking,good sense,great body,willing to go the extra mile in search of sexual fulfillment ....worked for me :cool: ,she turned down many other offers.

Guest sith lord
Hung like a mule, good job,good looking,good sense,great body,willing to go the extra mile in search of sexual fulfillment ....worked for me :cool: ,she turned down many other offers.

Unfortunately, most guys don't have all the above. Maybe I should have said, "Why would any "GOOD" woman want a man that still lives at home"? And how do you know she turned others down? Just wondering.

Archived