Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What is the best bittorrent client out there?

SkinsTerps26

I prefer bitlord. The speed of your downloads has nothing to do with the client. You are downloading from poor trackers. Try the pirate bay for more reliable torrents.

Hijack question: what are the best torrent downloading sites? Right now I'm using mininova.org, and it seems pretty powerful, but are there any better ones?

Pirate bay is the best imo. For more specific things, like anime, there are better sites. Do you have a specific thing in mind?

Hijack question: what are the best torrent downloading sites? Right now I'm using mininova.org, and it seems pretty powerful, but are there any better ones?

There is a way to add a torrent search box to your igoogle page that will search several torrent sites simultaneously for you. The instructions used to be on youtube, but I'm sure if you do some googling you can find them...

uTorrent is hands down the best IMO.

Trackers:

I used demonoid.com until it was shut down by legal threats. Very high quality torrents and a great interface. A lot of great seeders and you could find anything on there. I am an audiophile so I download a lot of lossless stuff, I always found great seeders and had great speeds.

After it went offline I switched over to the other big sites, mininova and pirate bay. I never really fell in love with one or the other. I also found that a lot of the stuff had been originally downloaded from demonoid.

About three weeks ago my ISP was contacted by NBC/Universal about a movie I was downloading (Two for the Money: Al Pacino and Matthew McConaughey; great movie if you're into sports gambling). Long story short I had to delete all traces of the movie from my harddrive and sign a document confirming this.

If they had pursued legal action I could have lost my house and everything I own, and even faced jail time.

Just be careful. The torrent I downloaded was a sting, thats how they got my IP addy. I'm pretty sure the torrent was a sting too, put there to catch people, kinda like a virus. I downloaded it from mininova.

Archived