Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

USAT, about Sean & Laron: "Our All-Pros have a 'Frankenstein' feel"

FrFan

After considering the potential of all current safety combos, I have deemed that you are incorrect. None of them have the potential that Taylor/Landry had. Therefore, you are wrong.

"Potential" of current safety combos? All safety combos today are actually playing the game and are actually producing. Something your "greatest safety" combo ever has yet to do.

"Potential" of current safety combos? All safety combos today are actually playing the game and are actually producing. Something your "greatest safety" combo ever has yet to do.

The point being made was that HAD TAYLOR NOT DIED, he and Landry COULD HAVE BEEN the best safety tandem in NFL history.

Thanks, Captain Obvious, for pointing out that Sean Taylor is in fact dead. :doh:

Yes, the potential of all "current saftey combos" is less than the potential of the Taylor/Landry combo. Just because they aren't current and we will not actually get to see them play together doesn't mean their potential is less. Stop acting like a child.

"• Safeties — Sean Taylor, LaRon Landry, Washington Redskins: We'll never know how truly great this pairing could have been.

Taylor's death after a shooting during a botched robbery at his Florida home in November stole him from his family and the football world. He was an exceptional talent with a ferocity on the field that he had only begun to control. His potential was immense. Landry, a rookie, played with a similar mentality. Taylor was the fifth overall pick in the 2004 draft, Landry the sixth overall last April. Most teams don't invest that heavily in safeties and prefer to build their defenses from the line back.

But the Redskins have their own ideas about a lot of things. This was one of them, and there's no telling what kind of special formula they might have produced. Taylor and Landry were a special combination for half a season."

By Larry Weisman,

Full Article

I would simply say it would have been the most feared and devastating safeties duo to ever play the game.

I readthis today in sports weekly and it really got me thinkin how awesome it woulda been to see them grow old together and be lifer redskins, it really brought his whole death back to the forfront in my mind. so f'in sad. really cool of usa today to step up and put him on a allpro list. ive been reading all the regular internet and major mag. all pro lists and this is the only one ive seen so far that gives ST his well deserved props. i just dont want the league to forget how great of a person and secondly, player he was:helmet:

']Fakeman and I were discussing this the other day.

They would have been the best safety combination in the history of the NFL' date=' plain and simple.[/quote']

I have no doubt in my mind that ST would've been the best safety to play the game. However we saw ST play at an extremely high level and he was just hitting his stride. We can't say the same for LL just yet. It's just too early. I think he is a beast and will be an all-pro throughout his career but it's just too early to say they would've have been the best.

If LL lives up to his potential, then yes.

Archived