Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trading up for a D-lineman

W1N_SKINS

With all this nonsense about trading our 1st rounder to cinncy for ocho cinco i was thinking wouldnt it make more sense to trade up to the top 5 ,a first and second rounder to potentiolly get a chris long at DE or Glen Dorsey at DT? i would much rather bring some youth to the line rather than bring in a explosice reciever when our recievers can work the west coast offense perferctly fine.

Opinions?

With all this nonsense about trading our 1st rounder to cinncy for ocho cinco i was thinking wouldnt it make more sense to trade up to the top 5 a first n second rounder to potentiolly get a chris long at DE or Glen Dorsey at DT? i would much rather bring some youth to the line that bring in a explosice reciever when r recievers can work the west coast offense perferctly fine.

Opinions?

Well, if we must trade I like your idea. I would rather keep the picks we have or, shocking idea, stock pile some picks via trades but I don't see that happening so, I vote for your idea.

I know I am probably going to get fried here for saying this, but Santana Moss doesn't impress me much. He drops to many easy ones and I think he has problems with going over the middle. He will make a circus catch and then drop one that hits him in the chest. I think ARE is a better receiver right now. I would like to get a big possession type receiver. I don't care about the big play, give me another Art Monk any day of the week. I want someone who is going to make those third down catches and turn them into firsts.

I don't want Chad Johnson here either.

We don't have anything to move up to get a top 5 pick and I think we should stay where we are. Grab our highest rated player there no matter what position it is.

Now I am going to hunker down before all the flames about my feelings about Moss.

Because this is a DEEP D-Line class, and i NEVER want to use multiple picks to get one player via the draft, ask the Saints how that worked on Ricky Williams, if you give up multiple picks, you'd better be DAMNED sure you are getting quality back, or else you not only don't improve, you go south

With all this nonsense about trading our 1st rounder to cinncy for ocho cinco i was thinking wouldnt it make more sense to trade up to the top 5 a first n second rounder to potentiolly get a chris long at DE or Glen Dorsey at DT? i would much rather bring some youth to the line that bring in a explosice reciever when r recievers can work the west coast offense perferctly fine.

Opinions?

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/features/valuechart.html

Utilize this and you'll find out why we aren't moving up to the draft to draft Long or Dorsey or any other lineman projected to be in the top 10.

god i would love to see chris long in a skins uniform but i think that the cost is going to be waaaaaaaaay to high to get into the top three. im not 100% sure but i think according to the draft chart it would take our first and second rounders this year and next.

for the next two years thats ridiculous how bout a 1st second n like 5th or a random player a team may need like ladell betts

for the next two years thats ridiculous how bout a 1st second n like 5th or a random player a team may need like ladell betts

noone is going to want a 5th rounder. at best it would take betts, our first, our second and a first or second next year (imo). not real sure how teams use the draft board when it comes to tenured players.

noone is going to want a 5th rounder. at best it would take betts, our first, our second and a first or second next year (imo). not real sure how teams use the draft board when it comes to tenured players.

yeah i guess so but who knows what can happen on draft day...

Screw trading draft picks. period! We have our first three

Round 1 Lawrence Jackson

Round 2 Kelly from OSU or james hardy or arrington from michigan

Round 3 O line man

What the **** is wrong with this scenario??

Granted they are not established in the NFL but that looks like a great start for the future to me!!!!!!!!!!

Do we have a 3rd?

no im a fan of moss just not as a # 1 guy we can develop anthony mix to a # 1 hes a big guy

-I am sorry to burst your bubbble but Mix will be lucky to be the fourth receiver on the redskins squad. No matter whether he is tall or not he is absolutely going to never be a #1, because in case you didn't know there can be extremely productive short #1 receivers such as; steve smith in carolina, hines ward in pitt, joey galloway in tampa. I agree with you Moss is not a #1, but this is because he is so injury ridden not because of his height.

it will cost to much to trade up, just like getting Chad in FA. It would be nice to have both, but not gonna happen.

Plus Blache likes corners and at 21st we would get a worthy starter. At the 21st pick Dline would be a situational pass rusher until next year.

FA is where we will get a Dline and probably Roy Williams. The rst of the draft will be for Oline and other needs.

I couldnt believe it two years ago, I couldnt believe it one year ago, and I STILL CANNOT BELIEVE IT!!!!! We do NOT need a damn DT! Montgomery is a beast, Golston's coming along nicely, Cornelius will be back in 08....

If we draft anything in the form of a D-Linemen in round one, it better be Campbell or Long.

No, it does not make more sense to me... I agree drafting a linemen im important however not as dire as drafting a guard/center. Ocho Cinco is a bad dude though and unlike B lloyd the man is proven. You know Chad Johnson is a playmaker. Tell me an offense with CP, Chad, Tana, ARE and Cooley isn't going to put up points and I will call you a liar. Is it a recipe for success? Who knows, but it is damn sure sexy.

Archived