Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT: "SPAGS USING 'SKINS FOR LEVERAGE?"

FrFan

Do I need to provide a link to prove that Snyder is involved in personnel decisions? I thought this was pretty much common knowledge. If not, try www.google.com

And when a man with no qualifications is involved in something with people that ARE qualified, he is 'interfering'.

in·ter·fere Pronunciation[in-ter-feer]

–verb (used without object), -fered, -fer·ing.

1. to take part in the affairs of others; meddle

LOL. Don't you ever get tired of being wrong? Did you even read your own definition? "MEDDLE" is the key word there. Being "involved" is not the same thing as interfering. Being involved in contract negotiations are very much his business. If you find out anything that Snyder forced upon Gibbs, such as, coaches, free agents, etc. you might have something until then...wear your tinfoil hat proudly. :laugh:

LOL. Don't you ever get tired of being wrong? Did you even read your own definition? "MEDDLE" is the key word there. Being "involved" is not the same thing as interfering. Being involved in contract negotiations are very much his business. If you find out anything that Snyder forced upon Gibbs, such as, coaches, free agents, etc. you might have something until then...wear your tinfoil hat proudly. :laugh:

I'll certainly keep my eye out for any proof that Dan forced anything on Gibbs. I would love to prove you wrong, as you so adeptly did to me. I guess I just don't yet have the ability to look at a sentence and pick the one that fits my preference best and claim it as being the 'key' word.

Perhaps Dan didn't 'force' anything upon Gibbs. Gibbs probably wouldn't have allowed it anyway. The next coach, however, won't have that luxury. We'll see how it turns out. Judging by the recent past, you'd be smarter to pick 'not well'.

If that means I'm wearing a tinfoil hat, so be it. The question for you is...it is hard to put on your Redskins helmet when you're head is stuck so far in the sand?

I could see Spags trying to do this. He is probably going to get more credit than Coughlin is for the SB win. There was talk about Coughlin getting fired both past off-seasons, I wouldn't be suprised if Spags thinks he can take over if Coughlin fails, aka. Jason Garrett in Dallas.

I think anyone doing that is making a bad career move. If you have the chance to take a promotion - do it. There's no guarantee it will be there next year.

Just as Gregg Williams.

The media would love it if Fassell got the job. I can't think of a worse head coach for us. Spags would be okay, being that he is the hot man and he knows that defense starts with the line.

I don't want ANYONE from the Patriots franchise. There's alot of assistant coaches that deserve this more than Fassell.

I am convinced that Dan Snyder is the worst owner in football. Joe Gibbs II turned this team into a playoff team while it had very limited resources. GW was a part of our success and I feel that he was the man for the job, but now that Dan has screwed that up, we have to settle.

This is why people hate on the Skins. If we had a different owner, a true man... I tried to go up to DS after one of the games at redskins park and he didn't even want to look at me or give me the time of day.

I really hope he sells this team, please put all your money in baseball Dan. You have put a huge stain on this franchise ever since you took over.

They're only saying Fassel because they probably trust Clayton from ESPN. I don't.

I think Spagnuolo has a few people in his ear trying to get him to stay, but he is the decision maker. He didn't want the Falcons job, so he didn't interview. Had the Redskins previously requested permission, I'm sure he'd have interviewed. This team believe it or not does have more structure than the other vacancies this year and likely next year. Spagnuolo isn't Jason Garrett, it was very clear that he was using the Ravens and you could tell in how he talked to the media after his Baltimore interview.

In my opinion, they ended up with a better coach in Harbaugh. Spagnuolo has evaded questions about this vacancy, and hinted here and there that he'd be okay with a staff in place, comparing it to his situation in New York. I think he wants this job personally, but is being careful to not say anything to hurt his chances. He looks like somebody who may be worried that Snyder may not want him, which in my opinion, is wrong. Snyder wants him, and if the tea leaves are correct, Spagnuolo will be our new head coach by Thursday.

I like your take on it.

According to Adam Shefter, the contract of Giants offensive coordinator, Kevin Gilbride, has expired. Combine that with negotiating an extension with HC Coughlin, and that's a lot of big coaching contracts to negotiate and pay for. Who knows, they may not want to pay big bucks to their HC, OC, and DC.

Good point

So, Spagnuolo is going to sit for the next 2-3 years and wait for Coughlin to retire or be fired? :laugh:

I don't see that as a smart move for him and his family.

The difference is that Jim Mora Jr., who the Redskins also met with, WAS given assurances that he would be the next HC in Seattle and that Mike Holmgren's term there would be limited.

So, he turned down any further contacts with the Redskins.

But Spagnuolo is not being accorded that kind of assurance by NY.

He could easily end up as the next Gregg Williams, working as a glorified DC for the next 2-3 years and then seeing someone from the outside becoming the next HC.

So, Spagnuolo is going to sit for the next 2-3 years and wait for Coughlin to retire or be fired? :laugh:

I don't see that as a smart move for him and his family.

The difference is that Jim Mora Jr., who the Redskins also met with, WAS given assurances that he would be the next HC in Seattle and that Mike Holmgren's term there would be limited.

So, he turned down any further contacts with the Redskins.

But Spagnuolo is not being accorded that kind of assurance by NY.

He could easily end up as the next Gregg Williams, working as a glorified DC for the next 2-3 years and then seeing someone from the outside becoming the next HC.

instead, spags gets to be the DC for the superbowl champions, be the highest paid d coordinator in the league, and not have to deal with retardo boys danny snyder and vinny cerrato.

any coach that comes here is going to be prepared to snyder and vinny to be making stupid clown decisions. spags probably didnt want to be part of that. why else would he turn down (if he was offered it, which id bet money he was) coaching one of the biggest franchises in sports, let alone the most profitable football team?

Archived