Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Get Grimm in the Hall!

D'Pablo

Good god it's an amazing day as a Skins fan. Two of the most amazing players to have played the game, Redskins no less, are going to be enshrined in the HOF. However, it's about time the backbone of those Joe Gibbs-led 80's teams had a representative in the hall. As much support as we've shown for Monk, we need to concentrate just as much energy in support of Grimm.

I wouldnt worry about it too much at this point. Besides, we really want to give the HOF voters a break. It was not easy for them to do what they did today(there probably was bloodshed), and we need to reward them for it by being a little less pushy.... for a year.

You don't have to be a smart ass. With the HALL OF FAME snubbing ART MONK the last 8 years, nothing's in cement my friend. Wake up.

He was mocking your misspelling of "Russ" Grimm's first name as you called him "ross". was actually clever to paste a pic of that Friend's donkey. :cheers:

Why I think DG will have Gibbs, his son, or maybe his Pastor induct him, I wholeheartedly hope that Monk has Gary Clark introduce him....it should go as the Swann/Stallworth thing as Clark has never been in the discussion but his numbers are comparable or greater than that of Irvin and others of course way more than Swann as well.....those mooks like Peter King always said that Monk's problem was he wasn't the WR that put fear in the opposing team....then of course that would have been Clark but he is never mentioned.....HUGE INJUSTICE...along with NO HOGS in the HOF...they have a fricken nickname for effs sake and are thought of as one of the best OLs ever......gimmie a break if Jacoby or Grimm never make it.

You don't have to be a smart ass. With the HALL OF FAME snubbing ART MONK the last 8 years, nothing's in cement my friend. Wake up.

Just joking man, relax. The push for the Hogs, of course including Russ Grimm, can wait a little longer while so many here who have been hoping that Monk would get the respect he has deserved for so long... finally get their wish.

So much of the internet just became obsolete (all of the content devoted to Monk getting in).

By the way, I don't really care one way or the other about the hall anyway. It's just a vehicle for a bunch of egotistical blowhards to get some attention as they hold power over the people who they in many cases had to write about in the past. Art Monk getting in 8 years too late doesn't change that for 7 previous times they deemed a guy who left the league as the all-time receptions leader unworthy of the HOF.

So my opinion is, we enjoy this for what it is. Respect finally given to someone who was no less deserving 8 years ago than he is now.

I'm thinking Ross has a more than average chance of getting in next year. I'm so sick of the HOGS being passed over. We have the most famous offensive line in league history and none of these guy's are in. WTF is going on here?!

Russ has next to no chance of getting in next year. He wasn't even in the final 10 this year and then you're going to have Bruce Smith, Shannon Sharpe and Rod Woodson eligible next year.

I actually think this will put a line under the 80s redskins in the HoF, I doubt any Hogs get in at least not unless they enter as seniors simply because they are linemen .

I am so glad I was wrong about neither Green or Monk getting in they both more than deserved it and I am glad the committee has made the right move for once

Just joking man, relax. The push for the Hogs, of course including Russ Grimm, can wait a little longer while so many here who have been hoping that Monk would get the respect he has deserved for so long... finally get their wish.

So much of the internet just became obsolete (all of the content devoted to Monk getting in).

By the way, I don't really care one way or the other about the hall anyway. It's just a vehicle for a bunch of egotistical blowhards to get some attention as they hold power over the people who they in many cases had to write about in the past. Art Monk getting in 8 years too late doesn't change that for 7 previous times they deemed a guy who left the league as the all-time receptions leader unworthy of the HOF.

So my opinion is, we enjoy this for what it is. Respect finally given to someone who was no less deserving 8 years ago than he is now.

HAHAHA Sorry for jumping all over you my friend.

The best news for Grimm today was not necessarily that Green and Monk got in, but that Zimmerman got in. There has been a big logjam among offensive linemen. Kuechenberg will clear the queue next year, and Grimm should get in ahead of Randall McDaniel. It may be 2 or 3 years, but I think Grimm will get in relatively soon.

The best news for Grimm today was not necessarily that Green and Monk got in, but that Zimmerman got in. There has been a big logjam among offensive linemen. Kuechenberg will clear the queue next year, and Grimm should get in ahead of Randall McDaniel. It may be 2 or 3 years, but I think Grimm will get in relatively soon.

I think Grimm will get in within the next 3-4 years, but McDaniel will probably go in ahead of him. McDaniel went to 12 consecutive Pro Bowls!!! That's the NFL record for most Pro Bowl nominations of ANY player.

I think Grimm will get in within the next 3-4 years, but McDaniel will probably go in ahead of him. McDaniel went to 12 consecutive Pro Bowls!!! That's the NFL record for most Pro Bowl nominations of ANY player.
Maybe you're right. The voters seemed to favor McDaniel over Grimm today ... but Grimm retired a decade before McDaniel, and he has really been waiting a long time.

I guess we'll see what happens in the next few years...

Now that Monk and Green are in, we need to start pushing Gary Clark and Joe Jacoby...

I'm thinking Russ Grimm gets in next few years. He was in the top 10 this year.

The HOF inductees next year will probably be 5 of the following 8 players plus one or two old-timers:

Bruce Smith

Shannon Sharpe

Rod Woodson

Russ Grimm

Randle McDaniel

Chris Carter

Brian Mitchell

Richard Dent

Russ has next to no chance of getting in next year. He wasn't even in the final 10 this year and then you're going to have Bruce Smith, Shannon Sharpe and Rod Woodson eligible next year.

I don't see him getting in next year either. He might have to wait a few years. Hopefully no more than 2 or 3.

I'm thinking Russ Grimm gets in next few years. He was in the top 10 this year.

The HOF inductees next year will probably be 5 of the following 8 players plus one or two old-timers:

Bruce Smith

Shannon Sharpe

Rod Woodson

Russ Grimm

Randle McDaniel

Chris Carter

Brian Mitchell

Richard Dent

Bob Kuechenberg will be ahead of Russ. Next year's his final year of eligibility before going into the seniors pool and the voters will probably show him some sympathy, much like they did Roger Wehrli last year.

John Randle also becomes eligible next year ... the Vikings are going to start piling up similar to the Green/Monk/Grimm logjam that we just broke.

The Class of 2009 will be:

Bruce Smith

Shannon Sharpe

Rod Woodson

Bob Kuechenberg

... and pick your favorite Viking: Cris Carter/Randle McDaniel/John Randle

It's really huge that Art Monk got in this year, because the field will only get more crowded as time goes on.

Archived