Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Brian Mitchell on 100.3 this morning (Monk related)

Henry

Art, Andre, and Chris all belong in the HOF. I appreciate Andre's support of Art.

I'm not sure that I can support the concept of waiting one's turn, though. The greatest of the great deserve to go in the HOF in their first year of eligibility. I think it would be appropriate for Chris Carter (and Darrell Green) to go in this year WITH Art Monk. Just because others have had to wait doesn't mean that Chris should have to wait until Andre gets in. That's sort of like the rationale for the persistence of fraternity hazing.

It would still surprise me if we had more than one inductee in a given year.

I can't remember when a single team had 2 enshrinees

It's mroe important to me that DG is a 1st ballot...even if that means Monk has to wait another year...but I would like them both in this year, I just don't see it happening...I hope I'm wrong though.

For a few years didn't they just hand keys to the front door of the hall to every member of the 1970's Pittsburgh Steelers, towel boy included?

Makes me pull for Andre even more, waht a class thing to say. Met Andre at Chantilly last year and we were talking about Monk omission and Reed said it was the ultimate insult to to the game. I really hope Art gets in this season and Andre joins him next season, screw Cris Carter

I echo your sentiment.

It would still surprise me if we had more than one inductee in a given year.

I can't remember when a single team had 2 enshrinees

It's mroe important to me that DG is a 1st ballot...even if that means Monk has to wait another year...but I would like them both in this year, I just don't see it happening...I hope I'm wrong though.

We had 2 in 06', Aikman and Rayfield Wright were both enshrined. I really do think Art is gonna get in this year, if not next year is going to be tough, I forgot the complete list of who is eligeable but he'll have an uphill battle next year. I know Rice is available, but there were quit a few big name guys too.

Archived