Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Brian Mitchell on 100.3 this morning (Monk related)

Henry

Anyone else hear him? He was talking about the SB and the HOF voting, and he got to talking about Monk. He said Andre Reed has come out and said he doesn't want to be considered for the Hall until Monk gets in. Is that true? Has anyone else heard this?

If it is, that's a pretty powerful statement if you ask me.

This is the closest I could find in print:

http://www.mcall.com/sports/football/all-reed.6230806jan17,0,5452158.story

''Should Cris Carter be in there? Definitely. But I think Cris should wait his turn,'' Reed candidly said Wednesday, the day after the Hall of Fame announced the 17 finalists, including Reed, for this year's election. ''Why should he leap-frog me because his numbers were better than mine?''

Art Monk, the other receiver on the ballot, could make the same argument against Reed. Monk has been a finalist in each of his first seven years on the ballot, and a year ago actually lasted one round longer than Reed did in the committee's behind-closed-doors voting.

''Art should have been in a long time ago,'' Reed said from his home in San Diego.

Still pretty strong stuff.

It would still surprise me if we had more than one inductee in a given year.

I can't remember when a single team had 2 enshrinees

It's mroe important to me that DG is a 1st ballot...even if that means Monk has to wait another year...but I would like them both in this year, I just don't see it happening...I hope I'm wrong though.

Makes me pull for Andre even more, waht a class thing to say. Met Andre at Chantilly last year and we were talking about Monk omission and Reed said it was the ultimate insult to to the game. I really hope Art gets in this season and Andre joins him next season, screw Cris Carter

I am glad the players both current and retired are sticking up for the man. Maybe the voters will finally get the sticks out their butts. They have gotten this vote wrong consistently year after year. Even if Monk gets in this year it will not be enough to repay for all the times they have denied him. I really think they owe Monk an apology. Although that will never happen.

The process is severely flawed. Too much bias etc. Even if Monk does get in, I think the HOF is a joke. It is great for the players that are in there, but how many others deserve it and how many get passed by annually? Whoever has kept Monk out because he is a Redskin or he does not have a signature catch should have their voting privledges revoked!

I hope that Art Monk, Russ Grimm, and Darrell Green all get in this year. And now that Irvin is in, wecan work on getting Clark in as well - not to mention the Hogs.

I think Gary Clark may be a little bit of a stretch. If Monk is struggling to get in there is no way Clark is getting in.

''Should Cris Carter be in there? Definitely. But I think Cris should wait his turn,'' Reed candidly said Wednesday, the day after the Hall of Fame announced the 17 finalists, including Reed, for this year's election. ''Why should he leap-frog me because his numbers were better than mine?''

Is anybody else absolutely confused by that. Maybe he should leapfrog you b/c he was better then you were? I mean, Andre Reed was good, but he was never a Hall of Fame talent, IMO.

Archived