Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Extreme Skins has a loud,sometimes embarrasing, voice....

skinsince72

Just got home and was looking around some football sites for any new developments and found some articles. I read them and felt embarrassed that other fans around the league are reading the same thing.

Pay special attention to the second sentence in this one.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80639f36&template=with-video&confirm=true

Now, take time to read it again.

There is a mention about "fan message boards" further down in the article.

So..........Eagles fans, Dallas fans, Giants fans and so on are reading an article that says Skins fans want the coach fired (even though he hasn't been hired in the first place) and hopes the owner leaves too. The organization is in a shambles apparently.

Yes, we have free speech. I need no lectures on that. But some of my coworkers who are Dallas fans, don't need anymore ammo. I have played out the Jessica Simpson, TO crying, Romo sits to pee fumbling the snap comebacks at this point. Now I have to defend the Snyder thing.

The great thing about ES is the comraderie we all have here. This is a well maintained site that is easy to surf. Just jump into any thread and you can see that there are always a bunch of "visitors" reading what we are saying. People envy what we have. (compare it to Seattle's site) All I'm saying, the more abbrasive the thread title, the more likely we will have to hear about it from outsiders.

HTTR!

Many of us do.

Coaches and players read these types of articles also.

none of my friends or acquaintances give a damn what other teams players, coaches or fans think about our team. nor should you, because you cant argue with an ignorant person. and anyone thats a fan of any team other than the Redskins is obviously lacking intelligence.

Well, you can blame our wonderful owner for creating this mess and it's not just me thinking the same thing. Check out all the news prints, blogs, sports talk radio, Comcast Sportsnet, ESPNI, ESPNII and they are all saying the same thing.

A simple hiring process and Danny's got all of us Redskin fans at each others throats. How many other owners from the other NFL teams create as much drama as Danny seems to do almost every year?

I don't care what other fans are thinking about this process. Blah, blah, blah.

The media is now trying to place some of the blame on us huh? Whatever. Their incompetence throughout this search period has been fun to watch. They need to do their jobs and grow some thick skin or get out of the business.

And now, over to the "Redskins One" tracking thread where the media is hanging out. :laugh:

Wait a minute! You're reading this wrong. What this tells you and should tell anyone else is how passionate the Redskins fan base is. We CARE!!! There is nothing wrong with that.

I don't recall a big uproar when Dallas hired Wade Phillips, but I bet you in two years or less, fans will be calling for his head.

It's not a bad thing or an embarrasing thing that we are so passionate about our Redskins!

I take it as a badge of honor that this board (and others) are being given so much attention. I'm actually starting to think maybe we are having an impact on the decision making process. Every news story about the Redskins coaching search now mentions the fans' discontent.

Hail,

H

Wait a minute! You're reading this wrong. What this tells you and should tell anyone else is how passionate the Redskins fan base is. We CARE!!! There is nothing wrong with that.

I don't recall a big uproar when Dallas hired Wade Phillips, but I bet you in two years or less, fans will be calling for his head.

It's not a bad thing or an embarrasing thing that we are so passionate about our Redskins!

I take it as a badge of honor that this board (and others) are being given so much attention. I'm actually starting to think maybe we are having an impact on the decision making process. Every news story about the Redskins coaching search now mentions the fans' discontent.

Hail,

H

:laugh: .....You came across much clearer the 2nd time. And you're right, no other fan base has the passion that we have here, for the Redskins. Hail!

:dallasuck :eaglesuck :gaintsuck

Well, I am proud to be part of this message board. This is the only message board I've ever taken part in, and have been on longer than 20 sec. The fact that this board has been given so much attention probably says a lot about the fans, and the move. This is truly the best fan base in terms of passion and knowledge of the football team.

I don't obsess about what others think or say.

Matter of fact, the Fassell thing isn't what irked me. What did irk me is that an article in a reputable web site highlighted our distrust and disappointment in the owner.

When an outsider reads the article, the theme probably gets generalized and the overall idea that comes across is that no Skins fan likes Snyder.

One could summise that no one likes Snyder because every decision that is made is the wrong decision and there is no professionalism or football know-how within the organizaton. And that is a disservice to the coaching staff and the players, past and present.

Hail,

H

I couldn't have said it better myself! :cheers:

Matter of fact, the Fassell thing isn't what irked me. What did irk me is that an article in a reputable web site highlighted our distrust and disappointment in the owner.

When an outsider reads the article, the theme probably gets generalized and the overall idea that comes across is that no Skins fan likes Snyder.

One could summise that no one likes Snyder because every decision that is made is the wrong decision and there is no professionalism or football know-how within the organizaton. And that is a disservice to the coaching staff and the players, past and present.

Wins , playoffs and Superbowls cure that.

Yeah, that pretty much sums up how we feel. :thumbsup:

I feel the same way as you. We fans pay the highest prices for tickets. We have a say. Without us, there is no Redskins!

Hail,

H

Archived