Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WTF? Did Steinberg take a shot at ES?

TCO

I was just trying to make a tongue-in-cheek joke about the fact that the only recent news "story" concerning the coach search on Redskins.com was a link to these parts, where there's all sorts of great information but also all sorts of rumors/bad information, which was the very thing Snyder said he was trying to combat by turning Redskins.com into a news source.

Thanks for coming back, Dan.

I may be a little slow, sometimes very slow, but I don't see how the following quote from your bog blog is in anyway an attempt at a tongue-in-cheek joke.

* The Next Coach Will Be.... (Which is a link to the message board, which has evidently banned anyone who "doesn't have a clue but yet makes an opinion.")

I could buy-in if the quote ended with a period after message board. The rest of that thought hit me as snarky, not funny. :2cents:

I just love the fact that everyone is afraid of getting "banned"!! DUM DUM DUUUUUMM!! I have done alot of stupid stuff on here and have yet to be banned. I have argued with Tarhog, TK and OM thru email and still havent been banned. Heres a piece of advice, man up, wise up and just be polite. If you are being respectful and polite about things you have the right to say whatever you want.

Hey Dan, can you punch Len Fatsabelly and tell him "Thats from Mike in San Diego!!"

Thanks buddy!!

Okay. So. You're banned. :)

;)

Guest ComebackKing

Man there are so many rules here, but you gotta really screw up to get a perma ban.

I had no idea there were so many rules. I've seen tid bits here and there but man there's like 18 rules? I just come on here to talk redskins yeesh so scary now have to worry about 18 different things every time I post! Haha.

So far I must be doing something right because I've gone a couple years without major incident. Although I don't think I've ever started a thread. I find these forums extremely busy most of the time any breaking news happens it was posted 45 minutes ago by 4 different people and is already a mega-merged thread. All in all despite some chaos at times these forums are as tidy as one could expect when you have on average 1000 people on at a time.

Like I said in the blog, I have no problem at all with him turning Redskins.com into a news source; it's smart business and a great way to try to control the message. I just don't understand why the site would completely dry up with regards to the absolute most important story of the offseason.

Thats the truth. I know that nobody likes to put out the bad news about themselves so of course the claim doesn't make any sense.

It's pretty much like what Tarhog said was the goal with this site here. Grand plans, etc. :rolleyes:

See. That's the problem. When I first signed up here there were only four rules in all of Extremeskins.

1. Never say anything nice about Dallas

2. Never step on Superman's cape.

3. Never spit into the wind.

4. Never mess around with Jim (who was a really evil mod who wouldn't ban you. He'd track down your home address and beat the snot out of you) We were much better behaved when Jim was around.

So you want to call and harass him over his opinion? You Sir are why people from other boards avoid ES. If anyone posts their opinion and heaven for bid they don't think like you lets make them look like a fool and chastise them and

"PM him in anger. Or better yet, get his phone number and harass him like everyone did that E-Bay guy who stole sigs. Pitchforks and torches I say!!!"

It's a message board man get a grip.

Unbelieveable. Someone actually took that seriously:laugh: I mean, I know I live in Woodbridge, but I don't actually own a pitchfork, honest. To use Steinberg's explanation, what I wrote was supposed to be "tounge-in-cheek" since I think there's a lot of overreaction on the board as well; I was beating everyone to the punch.

I think of the two of us, you probably need to get more of a grip on your sense of humor. Or maybe I didn't use enough smile things to properly emphasize that I was kidding. Maybe this will help....;) ...:laugh: ...:D ...:silly:

I like Steinberg and have no intention of burning him at a stake. And you can ask him, he hasn't received a single PM from me.

Is he upset that all the rumors that are flying around and he is not getting to break the news story because someone here beat him to the rumor? I bet he is mad because he reads this site for his leads and has to follow up on the rumors that are not true. Get over your self and let fans be fans and follow their team and talk about them how ever they wish.

Archived