Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Meet Laron Landry

MWCREDSKINS

February 16th at PS Gamegear in Dulles Town Center from 1 to 3 (know you be there Skins Love 3). Autographs $35 but Laron is a real nice guy:point2sky

Didn't they have him just a couple of months ago??

MWC (Mary Washington College???) It is usually better to only post these a week or two before the event so that people remember them.

Didn't they have him just a couple of months ago??

MWC (Mary Washington College???) It is usually better to only post these a week or two before the event so that people remember them.

I thought that was the one where he did not show up????

Either way I myself prefer more notice than less anytime....

It is Mary Washington College. Of courser, we're now the University of Mary Washington but to me it'll always be Mary Washington College.

As for experiences at the store, they're okay. If you buy something they usually let you get a picture with the athelete. I got a mini signed by Laron last time and took a picture with him.

Mean Staff??? What did they do, closeline you when you decided not to purchase anything???laugh.gif

My brother and I walked and in and there was a lady standing at the desk. My brother then saw some Michael Vick stuff and said jokingly "Shouldn't this Michael Vick stuff be on clearance?" She then says "NO!" with a mad.gif look on her face.

Then, I see a Jason Campbell signed helmet and it's sweet. So I barely touch the front of the facemask to see if the helmet is authentic or just some cheap replica and she says "DON'T TOUCH ANYTHING!" mad.gif While I realize I wasn't supposed to be touching the memorabilia, it still doesn't mean she had to pretty much yell at me. She was only 10 feet away. I didn't touch anywhere near the autograph either.

So by then I'm like ok, whatever. I continue to look around and see a small Chipper Jones signed picture for like $150 or $200. I then proceed to say to my brother "If you send Chipper Jones a letter, he'll send you a free autographed picture." She just sat there giving me a glare.

Needless to say, I don't shop there anymore. smile.gif

I have been in that store and yes it is extremely overpriced! That being said, 35 isn't bad for Laron Landry considering he is quickly becoming the fan favorite in this town. I know that they charge 100 even for Cooley and I thought that was really high! Portis, Moss, and Taylor back in the summer were at the highest 75 bucks and I thought that was high. I guess since Cooley made the Pro Bowl, they decide that they can charge whatever they want. It is probably easier to get their autographs at training camp and they don't charge there.

I have been in that store and yes it is extremely overpriced! That being said, 35 isn't bad for Laron Landry considering he is quickly becoming the fan favorite in this town. I know that they charge 100 even for Cooley and I thought that was really high! Portis, Moss, and Taylor back in the summer were at the highest 75 bucks and I thought that was high. I guess since Cooley made the Pro Bowl, they decide that they can charge whatever they want. It is probably easier to get their autographs at training camp and they don't charge there.

If they are (the store) overpriced, where is a store that you think has good prices?

so is this LaRon charging for the autographs or the store?

I am sure it is some sort of combination. I am sure LaRon is not showing up to the store out of the kindness of his heart... and I am sure the store is paying him only because they think they can make a profit.:2cents:

Does anyone know if the store does Mailorders? I will be attending a marriage conference in VA that weekend with my wife.

I am almost sure they would... before you do anything like that... go to www.signingshotline.com. It is a website that lists almost every signing in the country... you can then go and look up promoter ratings. It will let you know if anyone has had problems with mail orders in the past.

Archived