Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cris Carter on the Mike Tirico show

Henry

BINGO!!! This is also why King and Z have done an about-face. All the anti-Monk arguments other than Pro-Bowl appearances are even more glaring when applied to Carter.

Yes this is definitely true. Monk and Carter will be the last of these rare types to get in though. Once the HOF gets in most of the 'old-timers' it will strictly be a statistical HOF where all that matters are Pro Bowls, averages, and where you place in certain categories.

Terrell Davis was on NFL Network a few days ago saying Art Monk is the person he wants to see get in the most.

The fact that Michael Irvin is in, and Art Monk is not, is an abomination.

Irvin = 11,904 yards and 65 TDs

Monk = 12,721 yards and 68 TDs

Chris Carter's career numbers are better than both - so he deserves it. But they should take Irvin out, and put monk in.

The anger and outrage this caused was apparent following the vote. Not only do the numbers favor Monk but the intangibles definitely go Monk's way as well.

The NFL HOF doesn't deserve Art Monk and its voters are a bunch of prima donnas with no accountability or ethics. If he finally gets in, it is to the hall's benefit, not Art's.

And, Chris Carter is a douche. He played a douche, he lives a douche and he will die a douche. Hopefully, the last he pull off soon.

The NFL HOF doesn't deserve Art Monk and its voters are a bunch of prima donnas with no accountability or ethics. If he finally gets in, it is to the hall's benefit, not Art's.

And, Chris Carter is a douche. He played a douche, he lives a douche and he will die a douche. Hopefully, the last he pull off soon.

Eaaaaaaasy. That's beyond harsh there. When folks start wishing death, ( especially an early one on players), it's probably time to step back a little and breath.

If the baseball HOF voters can finally see the light and let in Goose Gossage, football HOF voters should follow suit and get Art in there. For some strange reason, I really have a good feeling about this year.

The thing is, it will be almost impossible for all three of those guys and Carter to make it. Monk and Tags will likely be competing for the last spot.

Seven people will be inducted this year. I think these four are guaranteed:

(1) Darrell Green

(2) Cris Carter

(3) Marshall Goldberg

(4) Emmitt Thomas

The last three will be from this group:

(5) Derrick Thomas

(6) Andre Tippett

(7) Art Monk

(8) Paul Tagliabue

(9) Bob Kuechenburg

(10) Richard Dent

Monk has a very good chance this year, and there seems to be some momentum building...

If Monk isnt one of the ones picked in the last 3 that is criminal!

Did he play one on tv or in the movies? Amen, and for the all the talk Monk played with Clark and Sanders (How they forget he caught 106 balls without those guys) didn't CC play with pretty good Wr in Minnesota? Didn't CC get cut by the Philadelphia Eagles because he was such a punk off the field. Obviously character has nothing to do with getting in, the committee proved that last year by voting Irvin in last year!

Unfortunately it's all about the popularity or the off the field antics.

Honestly, and i'm not just being a homer, it it boggles the mind that Irving got in before Monk. There are a lot of baseball players out there whose career's,on the field or behind a microphone, are over because of steriods. But Irving is an admitted cocaine user and lands in the HOF and on National TV.

I don't get it.

I was reading in Sports Illustrated and Dr. Z predicted the following 5 would get into the Hall Of Fame:

3) Bob Kuechenberg

If Kuechenberg or any other OL gets in before a single Hog has been inducted, you'll hear me screaming all the way over the internet...

If Kuechenberg or any other OL gets in before a single Hog has been inducted, you'll hear me screaming all the way over the internet...
Well, Kooch did retire 7 years before Russ Grimm and 9 years before Joe Jacoby, so it wouldn't be crazy to let him in first ...

I actually think the only way Russ Grimm gets in is if Kooch gets in first. Right now, they're kind of stealing votes from each other and keeping each other out.

Unfortunately it's all about the popularity or the off the field antics.

Honestly, and i'm not just being a homer, it it boggles the mind that Irving got in before Monk. There are a lot of baseball players out there whose career's,on the field or behind a microphone, are over because of steriods. But Irving is an admitted cocaine user and lands in the HOF and on National TV.

I don't get it.

Noone does. I know quite a few cowboys fans who asked me how the hell Irvin got in before Monk... One even asked "How the **** did that happen?"

But you're right. It's about making a name for yourself. That's one of the big qualifications of the HOF. You need to be able to market yourself by screaming into the camera at all times in order to make it.

Archived