Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cris Carter on the Mike Tirico show

Henry

Carter's on the show right now talking about the Hall of Fame. They just asked him who, if not him, would he put in the Hall if he could. His answer, in order:

1) Darrell Green

2) Paul Tagliabue

3) Art Monk

I know Carter's gotten some grief on this board for some anti-Monk comments in the past, but that's what he just said.

1) Darrell Green

2) Paul Tagliabue

3) Art Monk

The thing is, it will be almost impossible for all three of those guys and Carter to make it. Monk and Tags will likely be competing for the last spot.

Seven people will be inducted this year. I think these four are guaranteed:

(1) Darrell Green

(2) Cris Carter

(3) Marshall Goldberg

(4) Emmitt Thomas

The last three will be from this group:

(5) Derrick Thomas

(6) Andre Tippett

(7) Art Monk

(8) Paul Tagliabue

(9) Bob Kuechenburg

(10) Richard Dent

Monk has a very good chance this year, and there seems to be some momentum building...

Carter's on the show right now talking about the Hall of Fame. They just asked him who, if not him, would he put in the Hall if he could. His answer, in order:

1) Darrell Green

2) Paul Tagliabue

3) Art Monk

I know Carter's gotten some grief on this board for some anti-Monk comments in the past, but that's what he just said.

He must have gotten my nast e-mail via yahoo. :D

Monk has been denied 7 times. He's long overdue for his induction.

:cheers: Amen ... Art Monk still not being in the HOF is the most incredible, assinine, inexplicable bull**** ever, It truly boggles my mind.

Praying that this is Art's year ... finally. :point2sky

this doesnt surprise me, and if he's 100% sincere, that doesnt surprise me either. Anyone who has lined up on the same field that he has (teamates or opponents) understands what he did. The HOF is about "FAME" and while Monk wasnt famous in the media, he was famous within football. Anyone who experienced the field of battle knows that what Monk did was even that more surprising

The thing is, it will be almost impossible for all three of those guys and Carter to make it. Monk and Tags will likely be competing for the last spot.

Seven people will be inducted this year. I think these four are guaranteed:

(1) Darrell Green

(2) Cris Carter

(3) Marshall Goldberg

(4) Emmitt Thomas

The last three will be from this group:

(5) Derrick Thomas

(6) Andre Tippett

(7) Art Monk

(8) Paul Tagliabue

(9) Bob Kuechenburg

(10) Richard Dent

Monk has a very good chance this year, and there seems to be some momentum building...

If Monk can't get in with that group, then the voters have some 'splainin' to do.

I was reading in Sports Illustrated and Dr. Z predicted the following 5 would get into the Hall Of Fame:

1) Cris Carter

2) Darrell Green

3) Bob Kuechenberg

4) Art Monk (Has Dr. Z finally seen the light?)

5) Derrick Thomas

If one of them gets in I am so in for the road trip that Extremeskins I know will be planning...I will tell my family that for my birthday all I will want this year is enough money to go on the road trip.

1) Darrell Green

2) Paul Tagliabue

3) Art Monk

I cant stand Carter and I give him ZERO credit for saying this. I believe he was pressured to pull back his statements about Gibbs. If anyone did see that episode of Inside The NFl, he was a complete ass and almost neurotic about the fact Gibbs should go, he looked like he was having a roid rage. There is no way Carter should get in the Hall before Monk. There is one huge thing that seperates the 2 of them and thats 3 superbowl victories for Monk. Carter was good but he wasnt a winner, I hope he never gets in.

P.S. I am so tired of watching mediocre ex-NFL palyers on ESPN, NFL network and fox put down Hall of fame coaches and players or ones that have won a superbowl. Inside the NFl is the worst show on TV and who the hell needs any advice from 3 losers like Marino, Collingsworth and Cater, none of them ever won anything so they shouldnt be critical of others and definately shouldnt publicly call out people who's football knowledge far exceeds thiers.

Hmmm...Emmitt Thomas is a veteran's committee nominee, eh? I wonder what we have to do or who we have to complain to, besides Lenny Shapiro, to get Chris Hanburger in there. Nine Pro Bowls alone should help him, nevermind the fact that Cowboy QB's and coaches always considered him a "pain in the butt" to play against.

I know this isn't really a Monky/Carter hall of fame debate thread, but I'll continue anyway since a few of us are taking that angle...

I think Carter will get in for sure. His numbers are better than Monk's or Irvin's, AND more importantly to the HOF voters - he had some pizazz. He had a catchy phrase associated with him that he got from Buddy Ryan: "all he does is catch touch downs". Also, he had some off the field issues, which gives the media something to be interested in - and in turn a media focal point.

Its obvious that someone with the same numbers, but is humble, workmanlike, plays at a high level for an entire career (not just a "signature moment), retires as the all time leader in a couple statistical categories, and isn't a media darling - does not deserve to be in the hall of fame. What kind of message does that send. What a freakin joke.

Archived