Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ravens-Garrett rumors flying..does Snyder feel pressure??

CliffBattles

Who the hell cares. I want Gregg Williams as HC. With what he did with putting 10 guys on the field without anyone knowing in advance, I think the team would try to run through a wall if he asked them to. They will have heart next year if GW is head coach. That's all I care about.

They're going to wind up like the Chargers did last year. They're going to lose all of their assistants and be stuck with Wade, the one person they didn't really want. I don't know why on earth they didn't just promote Garrett to begin with?

The funny thing is, they got Wade FROM the chargers.

I wonder if Wade gets canned, so they can promote Jason Garrett.

Let's see..an offensive coordinator with a huge offensive line, an excellent RB, one of the best receivers in the game, one of the best TEs in the game, and an accurate smart QB.

He had a great year. Singular. One. Uno.

With those tools it would be hard for him to fail.

Do it three more times and I'm convinced.

Until then, let someone else take the risk of a potentially premature decision.

~Bang

Let's see..an offensive coordinator with a huge offensive line, an excellent RB, one of the best receivers in the game, one of the best TEs in the game, and an accurate smart QB.

He had a great year. Singular. One. Uno.

With those tools it would be hard for him to fail.

Do it three more times and I'm convinced.

Until then, let someone else take the risk of a potentially premature decision.

~Bang

He didn't do too badly in Miami the year before... Basically, what he did with Miami is far more impressive that what he did with Dallas.

BTW, I do believe the Cowboys will can Wade Phillips...

Dallas was 10th in offense last year and moved up 4 spots because he decided to make T.O. a major part of the offense. woopdeeedoooooo This guy owes ESPN half his contract he gets as a HC. The Cowboys stunk the joint up the later part of the season and early in the season Romo sits to pee was getting away with some of the dumbest decisions ever on broken plays. The media has half this board fooled thinking he is the best coaching prospect this offseason. What is on his resume? Last year and being a QB coach for 2 years in Miami where he improved the play of who????? I am so glad he is off the market so we don't even look in his direction.

Jason Garrett gets such rave reviews from ESPN talking heads and those around the league. Now with the Ravens giving their second interview to him, the rumor is that he will be announced as their new HC in the next day or two.

I wonder if D. Snyder (not of Twisted Sister) feels like he needs to take a quick peak at the coveted coach, that is reported to have "all the tools" and not lose a young potentially great coach to his cross-beltway rivals.

To be honest I don't understand why we didn't interview him. I would love to steal away the Cowboys OC and win with him. Imagine Jerry Jones' face when a Jason Garrett lead Redskins whoop the Cowboys as Wade Phillips' fat ass waddles up and down the sidelines!

But seriously...we should have interviewed him.

Jason Garrett gets such rave reviews from ESPN talking heads and those around the league. Now with the Ravens giving their second interview to him, the rumor is that he will be announced as their new HC in the next day or two.

I wonder if D. Snyder (not of Twisted Sister) feels like he needs to take a quick peak at the coveted coach, that is reported to have "all the tools" and not lose a young potentially great coach to his cross-beltway rivals.

No more "Norvals"!.......:doh:

I don't think you can consider someone whose entire background is with the Cowboys, because a coach needs to be able to maintain contact with those who tutored him, hire from those he knows, etc., and that would be really messy with Skins/Boys being rivals. I think in some corner of your mind, as Skins owner, there is also the loyalty question. I don't think Garrett would want to coach Skins, anymore than Gibbs would have accepted a position with the Cowboys. Just not in the cards.

I think Garrett is perfect for Ravens. You promote someone who knows the old D system to DC, and let Garrett revitalize the O, realizing that it may take time, and that he is young, and not burnt out by decades of 100 hour weeks.

I was strongly in favor of someone young in this mold, but oh well.

To be honest I don't understand why we didn't interview him. I would love to steal away the Cowboys OC and win with him. Imagine Jerry Jones' face when a Jason Garrett lead Redskins whoop the Cowboys as Wade Phillips' fat ass waddles up and down the sidelines!

But seriously...we should have interviewed him.

Imagine Norv but with wayyyyyyyy less expeirence. The guy was a big reason they lost against the Giants. Marion Barber rushed for over 100yds in the first half and Garret goes Andy Reid on the Giants in the second half while his QB is getting abused by Strahan and Osi :doh: Brilliant.

No more "Norvals"!.......:doh:

I know that some of you have no interest in Garrett because he's a Cowboy and you want to believe that he's no good and that the media has created him and all of that bologne. But the fact is he did a good job in Miami...a very good job in Dallas...and he was worth INTERVIEWING...I didn't say that we should absolutely hire him now...I said interview...

I know that some of you have no interest in Garrett because he's a Cowboy and you want to believe that he's no good and that the media has created him and all of that bologne. But the fact is he did a good job in Miami...a very good job in Dallas...and he was worth INTERVIEWING...I didn't say that we should absolutely hire him now...I said interview...

What do you consider a good job in Miami? He was the QB coach and their QBs stunk and were careless just like Romo sits to pee.

Hmm.. what do you do if you're Jerry Jones? You've already publicly endorsed Wade Philips prior to the Giants loss. But I thought Garrett was already pre-ordained the next Cowpukes head coach?

Exactly. The pressure's not on Snyder (over someone he wasn't going to hire anyway). The pressure's on Jones to keep the Cowboys from being torn apart. I hope he fails.:D

What do you consider a good job in Miami? He was the QB coach and their QBs stunk and were careless just like Romo sits to pee.

Sometimes that isn't the coaches fault. Romo sits to pee is careless because he has bought into his own hype and is so full of himself (for absolutely no good reason...) that he thinks he's invincible...

No one can say there was no reason to not interview Garrett. An interview is just that and comes with no strings. Why not find out for ourselves what the big deal is about?

Cowboys in 8 seconds pic...

Great stuff on that Cowboy montage.

Baltimore, 2008, 4-12, you heard it here first

4-12? With most of that team intact, I think considering their 4th place schedule next year that I could do that well.

Norv is in the playoffs in spite of Norv.

Remember that the Chargers were a 14-2 team last year. A good team takes time to be destroyed from within.

Norv is in the "Barry Switzer" year of his Chargers career.

Even Capt. Hazelwood needed a little time to crash that Exxon oil tanker you know.

Sounds like the Ravens are doing just what they did before with Billick. Hire a "hot" OC from a team that had a lot of talent to exaggerate how good he really is. Brilliant!

The difference this time is the Ratbirds D that they always lean on is getting old and is nowhere near what it used to be.

I dont think Snyder is feeling any pressure about this. I am sure if Garrett was one of the guys he was interested in, he have spoken with him before today.

Anyway, J. Jones told Garrett he would match any offer that the Ravens made to keep him in Dallas.

Archived