Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RUMOR * Cowher Next Coach: Says Cerrato * RUMOR (M.E.T.)

Frediemac

As I had mentioned in another post, Cohwer may very well win in the regular season and make the playoffs every year but does he have the potential to win the super bowl every year or is it going to be once every 10 years. If you dont like Gibbs conservatism why would like Cohwer's.

he's the only coach in history to take a 6th seed team to the SB and win.

I think he knows what he's doing.

he's the only coach in history to take a 6th seed team to the SB and win.

I think he knows what he's doing.

I wonder if someone can come up with a stat of how many playoff appearances to super bowl wins ratio. He had probably had 10 #1 seed teams in pittsburgh too so that number 6th seed dont mean anything.

I wouldn't mind Cowher coming in as the coach but I doubt that this post has any truth to it. Why would Vinny be on the radio talking about it at this point when Gibbs hasn't even held his press conference yet?

Unless it's Gregg Williams, I highly doubt that we'll hear anything about a new coach hire today.

I wonder if someone can come up with a stat of how many playoff appearances to super bowl wins ratio. He had probably had 10 #1 seed teams in pittsburgh too so that number 6th seed dont mean anything.

Yeah, he's also the only coach that took 14 years with one franchise to win it. You know why no other coach has done that? They get FIRED for sucking.

*Rumor* I just posted this in the Mega Merge Next Coach thread. I think if Cerrato is hinting it's Cowher than it probably is and it's just a matter of process/time.

--------------------

This is the information I've heard. From a good friend of mine.

Friend "A" has a source who is the VP of a prominent real estate brokerage in VA.

Cowher was approached by Atlanta owner Arthur Blank and said he wasn't coaching he wanted to stay another year.

Monday after, (my Friend) had lunch with friend, VP of Real estate brokerarge, and were talking about Cowher. VP said he already bought a farm in Leesburg (November time frame), and basically had an agreement with Snyder to take over when Gibbs retires. This has all been setup in the background due to the obvious NFL process. It's basically a wink-wink/verbal agreement between Snyder and Cowher.

I asked about looking up the sale of the farm can't be confirmed for 3 to 6 months till it goes to public record. Plus this also goes with what was said earlier about Cowher's daughter looking at GMU and Snyder wanting Gibbs to stay for another year.

Take the information for what it is but I'm going to put my money on Cowher. I believe it and have no reason not too. He's a stand up guy and has no reason to make any of it up. We are both die-hard skins fans. If we bring anyone else in for interviews it's just for following the process. I have not other information as to what happens with GW or Saunders and the rest of the coaching staff.

Archived