Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

i gave pavlik the last two rounds as well, still had it a draw overall. even though no belt was on the line, taylor defintely should've been more aggressive in those final frames.

I scored it 115-113 for Kelly just like Lederman did. He was the champ. Jermain looked good but didn't beat the champion tonight.

I paid to see it and felt I got my money's worth for sure. Lot's of action and two fairly evenly matched fighters. In the end I felt Taylor just ran out of gas again. He tried to fight a little more cautiously in the early rounds and wound up taking some shots for it. That one body blow in the second half (don't remember which round) of the fight did him in.

In the end I felt Taylor just ran out of gas again. He tried to fight a little more cautiously in the early rounds and wound up taking some shots for it. That one body blow in the second half (don't remember which round) of the fight did him in.

Pavlik hit Taylor with a body shot at the end of the 11th round that easily won him the 12th as well.

don't care about wlad or the heavyweight division....I will watch the undercard with "Mean" Joe Green though!

i don't think they're broadcasting the undercard, they're showing the replay of pavlik/taylor II before the wlad/sultan fight.

Wlad wins this fight inside of 8rounds. it'll take him two or 3 rounds to get sultan's speed and timind down.

on another note fighters at 130lbs better take notice, Yuriorkis Gamboa was on friday night fights last night and he will be a champion in the very near future.

Wlad better win this one. He's got a chance to really make an impact on the sport and give some respect back to the HW division if he can win and defend the undisputed for a couple years. I personally think he's amazing. He got KOed a couple times from bad conditioning but I hope he's learned that lesson. Lennox Lewis got flattened a couple times before becoming a solid champ. I think Klitschko is offensively better than Lewis was when his game is on. Don't know how his chin will prove itself in the long run though. I guess that starts tonight against a fast and game Ibragimov.

Wlad better win this one. He's got a chance to really make an impact on the sport and give some respect back to the HW division if he can win and defend the undisputed for a couple years. I personally think he's amazing. He got KOed a couple times from bad conditioning but I hope he's learned that lesson. Lennox Lewis got flattened a couple times before becoming a solid champ. I think Klitschko is offensively better than Lewis was when his game is on. Don't know how his chin will prove itself in the long run though. I guess that starts tonight against a fast and game Ibragimov.

unless another great heavyweight comes down the line soon, i don't see Wlad making an impact. dominance over weak division isn't good enough in today's time.

unless another great heavyweight comes down the line soon, i don't see Wlad making an impact. dominance over weak division isn't good enough in today's time.

Sadly, tonight's bout proves you right, Still. Wlad dominated in a virtual shutout but never took chances, even fighting timidly against a man much smaller with less talent. His jab is enough to win any fight and he relies too heavily on just winning. Shame. I think he's classy and much better than he's willing to push himself to.

Sadly, tonight's bout proves you right, Still. Wlad dominated in a virtual shutout but never took chances, even fighting timidly against a man much smaller with less talent. His jab is enough to win any fight and he relies too heavily on just winning. Shame. I think he's classy and much better than he's willing to push himself to.

I agree somewhat. But this was just one of those fights for Wlad. The man has 44 knockouts in 50 fights. Ibragimov's quirky southpaw style just didn't mesh with Wlad. He could have knocked him out at any time, but it just wasn't meant to be. Now if he fights Maskeav, it will be a brawl and a knockout.

God I hate it. I grew up only learning boxing techniques but now I fiind it limited and foolish. Hopefully more boxers make it in to MMA. A boxer won a fight tonight in strikeforce.

I love punching, fainting, dodging, weaving, parrying, tire-clinching...but god damnit....boxing is getting weak. Too bad...it's lost the luster it used to have for me. I was watching some ESPN classic fights and couldn't get in to it at all. WTF is up with boxing?

God I hate it. I grew up only learning boxing techniques but now I fiind it limited and foolish. Hopefully more boxers make it in to MMA. A boxer won a fight tonight in strikeforce.

I love punching, fainting, dodging, weaving, parrying, tire-clinching...but god damnit....boxing is getting weak. Too bad...it's lost the luster it used to have for me. I was watching some ESPN classic fights and couldn't get in to it at all. WTF is up with boxing?

I was on IM with my cousin and a friend while watching the bout and I have to admit that the common thread of our conversation was that it was getting harder and harder to really enjoy a boxing match now that MMA is on the map. I understood and respected Klitschko's gameplan perfectly. As a fan I was frustrated and impatient for action. The matchups are getting better in boxing and the best fighters are getting forced into the ring with each other which is good, but it may be too late.

It's all relative. The HW division was MUCH weaker than it is today when Tyson was champ. Tyson fought two good fighters in his whole career, and got KnockedTFO by both of them.

MMA is garbage. This was boxing's best year in a long, long time. Pavlik-Taylor, DLH-Mayweather, Mosely-Cotto, Mayweather-Hatton, Calzaghe-Kessler, Vasquez-Marquez, Juan Diaz-Julio Diaz, etc.

I don't really want to hijack this in to a debate thread, I'm just wondering how to approach boxing with a good attitude. Joe Rogan said something in his debate with boxing promoter Lou DeBella that was interesting. Although DeBella is a complete idiot, Joe made some good points.

Joe says, "the famous people that you have now, are the only famous people that are going to be in the future for boxing. There will be no new ones, they will all go to MMA." I tend to agree with him. Boxing fans watch boxing AND MMA, while jiu jitsu, wrestling, judo, karate, muay thai, and fans of good ole fashion brawling will watch MMA. So give me a superstar that dishes out some mean pain in boxing, and I'll watch him. Watching Mayweather is about as exciting as watching the most boring fighter in MMA.

huge rubber match tomorrow between Rafael Marquez & Israel Vazquez. its live on Showtime. their first fight was great, their second fight was universally recognized as 2007 Fight of the Year. do not miss this fight tomorrow

allan green headlines friday night fights tonight.

Right in the middle of UFC 82. :(

I gotta go with the cage tomorrow night and hope Showtime re-airs the Marquez-Vasquez bout during the week.