Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

looks like paul williams won't be getting a shot at cotto anyway. i thought the fight should have been a draw (points wise) but quintana definitely put a hurtin on paul tonight. Berto looked really good....that guy he fought had a serius chin!

paul is one of my favorite fighters, but i scored the fight for Quintana. Paul was out of shape and fought lazy. fought as though he expected quintana to just roll over and accept defeat. Quintana had a gameplan and worked it perfection, williams had no answer for the left had all fight, he never even attempted to make an adjustment. as someone who couldn't get a big name to fight him, williams didn't show any of the fire that gained him that position. back to Friday Night Fights for Paul :laugh:

Berto definitely showcased himself tonight. my only knock against him is that he needs more head movement. He gets hit with too many jabs, but that should be correctable if he has a good team around him. time to put him in with Luis Collazo or Zab Judah type of fighters. someone who's on the bottom half of the top 10 welterweights.

Question: Do former champions get rematches automatically? Even if not, Williams should be back. Maybe he needed to be humbled a bit, but I'd guess he'll be back w/ a vengeance.

contract has to have a rematch clause. I doubt this one had a rematch clause, but paul will be back on hbo w/ in the new few months.

I could see Paul Williams facing Zab Judah, after Judah gets his ass handed to him by sugar shane.

why is Judah still getting big money fights against top name opponents? this dude gets as many chances as Golota got.

Pavlik vs. Taylor II tomorrow on PPV. i'll take Pavlik by unanimous decision. i wouldn't be surprised to see both fighters suffer a knockdown again. when i break down this fight, i just see more ways for pavlik to win than taylor. pavlik is the better boxer, and obviously has the power to knock him out. Taylor has the power to KO pavlik, and if he gets him rocked like he did in the first fight, he'll finish the job this time around. i see pavlik being a little more methodical this time out since he has to respect taylor's power. part of me wants Taylor to win so we a third match, but pavlik wins.