Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

But he has fought, on average, better competition.

thats debatable

floyd didn't start ducking top comp until he got to 147

at 130 & 135, floyd fought and destroyed all the top names. which is why i lost a measure of respect for him when he did start to duck names at 147

Originally Posted by Chachie viewpost.gif

I'm not jumping in to disagree with you but why do you say Cotto has no chin?

he has a history of being rocked in fights, even when he fought at 140

i dont agree with this comparison because Floyd didn't use size to beat Marquez, he used skill. floyd didn't do any of the "big man" tactics, like leaning on his opponent, or trapping him in the corner and making him support his weight to tire him out. floyd just used his reflexes & reaction time to counter marquez

he did have more on his punches....his natural size had a little to do with that...as well as the reach advantage....Marquez couldn't get close enough to fire his combos w/o taking a serious beating from Mayweather's punches.

I do agree that it wasn't the classic big man tactics...but being the larger man definitely helped

that strategy wont be an option for Cotto. he'll have to fight like the bigger man to win. he needs to get inside and go to the body (which he does better than most). his best bet would be to cut the ring off from pacquiao, back him into a corner where pac wont be able to use his in & out movements nor will he be able to utilize his speed as effectively from inside.

the more this fight is fought from the outside, the better it is for Pacquiao. Cotto needs to be a bully in this fight

I agree with everything you said here.

I'm not jumping in to disagree with you but why do you say Cotto has no chin?

because he has been knocked down more than once by far inferior fighters. Big punches put him on the defensive...Cotto is much better on the offensive than the defensive.

If Cotto fights an offensive fight against Pacman and cuts off the ring and goes to the body (as stillunkown has said) he will win the fight.

If Cotto fights a defensive fight and tries to counter punch like he did against Clottey and Margarito...he will lose

pacquiao has yet to face anyone as good as Mayweather

no he hasn't...but he has fought much better competition than Mayweather...competition w/ in his own weight class. Mayweather has resorted to fighting big named fighters outside of his weight class rather than fight the best of the best in the welterweight division.

Mayweather's manager has picked his fights very carefully throughout his stay in the welterweight division.

because he has been knocked down more than once by far inferior fighters. Big punches put him on the defensive...Cotto is much better on the offensive than the defensive.

If Cotto fights an offensive fight against Pacman and cuts off the ring and goes to the body (as stillunkown has said) he will win the fight.

If Cotto fights a defensive fight and tries to counter punch like he did against Clottey and Margarito...he will lose

I agree with all this. The only reason I was asking about your opinion of his chin was because the only time I've seen him have trouble was vs. Margarito, who was cheating.

The only guy right now in my humble opinion that can give PBF a good test is Sugar Shane period and thats a style fight..

I hate PBF with a passion but he is great at what he does boring or not.. And honestly i don't think he will get beat until he slows down from age because he is ducking Mosley right now and Shane is getting old..

I think Cotto beats Pac i really do even though i will be pulling for him..

Pac has no chance againest PBF he is the perfect style fight for Mayweather..

The only guy right now in my humble opinion that can give PBF a good test is Sugar Shane period and thats a style fight..

I hate PBF with a passion but he is great at what he does boring or not.. And honestly i don't think he will get beat until he slows down from age because he is ducking Mosley right now and Shane is getting old..

I think Cotto beats Pac i really do even though i will be pulling for him..

Pac has no chance againest PBF he is the perfect style fight for Mayweather..

I agree with everything here 100%, except your third point. I am pulling for Cotto, but I think Manny wins.

I also don't hate PBF, I know it is all show when he runs his mouth, but he often goes too far IMO.

First of all, congratulations to David Haye. I hope he knocks out the Klitschko brothers. We need some new blood in the heavy weight division.

Cotto and Pacquiao have FOTY potential. Cotto will win by decision, I hope. I need him to get out of the Margarito shadow.

:box:

First of all, congratulations to David Haye. I hope he knocks out the Klitschko brothers. We need some new blood in the heavy weight division.

Cotto and Pacquiao have FOTY potential. Cotto will win by decision, I hope. I need him to get out of the Margarito shadow.

:box:

david haye deserves no congrats for that abomination of a fight

Sure doesn't. And the problem with the HW division is that there is no depth. Most of the upper-tier guys are getting old and were pretty boring to begin with. Now Haye comes in, and he will probably be one of the top guys by default for a while. There aren't many HW fights that I can legitimately say that I am excited to see right now. I guess Haye against either of the Klitschkos, but that is really it. And that would get old fast.

Why not?...He executed his gameplan to perfection. Nobody was going to knock out that 7" footer, so you had to beat him on points. Haye stumbled the big fellow in the final round. That cost Valuev.

:helmet:

Why not?...He executed his gameplan to perfection. Nobody was going to knock out that 7" footer, so you had to beat him on points. Haye stumbled the big fellow in the final round. That cost Valuev.

:helmet:

haye threw like 10 punches per round

his defense was good (then again, Valuev punches could be seen by the blind), but that fight was atrocious on the eyes

i actually like Haye, but he could've thrown alot more punches than he did in that fight. he almost lost that fight by not throwing enough punches, even though valuev didn't hit anything but air for 12 rounds

Finally, Miguel Cotto vs Manny Pacquiao tonight on HBO PPV. I got Miguel Cotto via TKO by round 10. In the early rounds, Cotto is gonna block most of Manny's swarming punches and catch him with a left hook. That punch will set the tone for the rest of the fight, as Cotto will outbox Manny and get the late stoppage. Let's hope for a decent fight and decent undercard...

WHO YOU GOT???

Finally, Miguel Cotto vs Manny Pacquiao tonight on HBO PPV. I got Miguel Cotto via TKO by round 10. In the early rounds, Cotto is gonna block most of Manny's swarming punches and catch him with a left hook. That punch will set the tone for the rest of the fight, as Cotto will outbox Manny and get the late stoppage. Let's hope for a decent fight and decent undercard...

WHO YOU GOT???

pacquaio by (T)KO, rounds 8-10

i dont think Cotto will be able to keep manny on the inside. pac's speed and his angles of entry & exit will allow him to get off shots.