ACW

All Things Boxing

Pavlik is ducking P. Williams... It's only 2 weeks. I'm sure HBO wouldn't have a problem moving the fight back 2 weeks for that matchup. Something fishy is going on with the Pavlik/Williams fight. Pavlik was exposed by B. Hopkins and he doesn't want to get schooled. Williams would be a great test for Pavlik. It's not like Williams has a great defense. He can be hit. His non-stop offense is what keeps folks off of him. Pavlik has power, he should be able to touch Williams, but i do think he's scared.

Pavlik is ducking P. Williams... It's only 2 weeks. I'm sure HBO wouldn't have a problem moving the fight back 2 weeks for that matchup. Something fishy is going on with the Pavlik/Williams fight. Pavlik was exposed by B. Hopkins and he doesn't want to get schooled. Williams would be a great test for Pavlik. It's not like Williams has a great defense. He can be hit. His non-stop offense is what keeps folks off of him. Pavlik has power, he should be able to touch Williams, but i do think he's scared.

Dec. 19th wasn't available for HBO. without HBO backing the fight, there would be no other outlet that could pay Punisher & Pavlik what they wanted to fight. Pavlik's new fight will be on PPV (which will be lucky to get 5k buys)

pavlik's trainer said his staph infection was life threatening which caused the cancellation of the Dec 5th bout. now he's miraculously recovered enough to take a fight two weeks later against some irrelevant dude who couldn't even win "The Contender"

B-Hop beat that man's soul & spirit out his body

Edited by StillUnknown

B-Hop beat that man's soul & spirit out his body

I completely agree. I think it robbed Pavlik of his confidence. He couldn't imagine losing that fight and when he did by such a wide margin it rocked his world.

I'll be watching Pacq v Cotto from my house. Hopefully the cable wont crap out like the last pacq fight.

well if you want to come down to woodbridge...the more people we get, the less it cost for a single person. I used to buy all the major pay-per-views. but after paying $60 for Mayweather's last card, I decided not to pay ridiculous money for possible let down fights.

My nephew, a friend and myself is gonna split the Pac/Cotto fight Saturday at my house. This should be a great fight. EVERYBODY should be rooting for Pac. Nothing against Cotto, but you all know the fight the world wants to see.

well if you want to come down to woodbridge...the more people we get, the less it cost for a single person. I used to buy all the major pay-per-views. but after paying $60 for Mayweather's last card, I decided not to pay ridiculous money for possible let down fights.

I used to do that too. I'd have a few people over and wouldn't charge them anything. That has changed.

I used to do that too. I'd have a few people over and wouldn't charge them anything. That has changed.

same I used to do. It isn't about charging people...It's about one person not having to pay $50 or $60 for every fight. $10 a person w/ a 5 man crew would be great!

My nephew, a friend and myself is gonna split the Pac/Cotto fight Saturday at my house. This should be a great fight. EVERYBODY should be rooting for Pac. Nothing against Cotto, but you all know the fight the world wants to see.

I'm rooting for Cotto (he is my fighter) and I don't think anyone in the "fight world" wants to see Mayweather vs. Pacquiao...it will be a terrible fight. Anyone who really knows boxing knows this.

Mayweather is faster, bigger, and stronger than Pacquiao; he also has superior defense. This would be a boring unanimous decision for Floyd.

I want to see Shane Mosely vs. Floyd Mayweather...this would be a good fight. I'm sick of seeing Floyd fight guys in lower weight classes...he needs to fight a true welter weight.

I'd also like to see Pacquiao vs. Marquez III....they have some unfinished business to settle.

It would be nice if HBO could put together a "super six" for welter weight!

Shane Mosley

Miguel Cotto

Floyd Mayweather

Paul Williams

Andre Berto

Joshua Clottey

GB, Paul isn't a WW anymore, and probably wouldn't go back.

I'm rooting for Cotto (he is my fighter) and I don't think anyone in the "fight world" wants to see Mayweather vs. Pacquiao...it will be a terrible fight. Anyone who really knows boxing knows this.

I'm sick of seeing Floyd fight guys in lower weight classes...he needs to fight a true welter weight.

I am pulling for Cotto as well. Nothing against Pacquiao, but I have always been a big Cotto fan. I think Mayweather-Pac Man would be a slightly better fight than you think, but I generally agree with how you see it going down.

I would love to see Floyd fight someone bigger as well, but it is all about money. A Mayweather-Sugar Shane fight would generate a hell of a lot of money. But a Mayweather-Pacquiao fight would generate megabucks because they are the two fighters with the most buzz and mass appeal in the world right now. Plus, I don't think Floyd wants to fight Mosley right now. But that is an argument that has already been gone over in this thread.

Edited by lovetoaster

GB, Paul isn't a WW anymore, and probably wouldn't go back.

Paul can fight 147 - 160

If he was offered a spot in a super 6 welterweight tournament, I'm pretty sure he would take it.

You guys must have never seen Pac fight if you think he'll get destroyed by Mayweather.

Pac is sick. But I think they are saying it wouldnt be a great fight because Money's defense is so good it would pretty much just be a lot of missed landings all night long. He also has a length/size advantage on Pac. This is generally why I dont like Mayweather fights - just not enough power/carnage.

Say what you want about the Pac-Hatton fight, but they went at each other. We payed for blood and definitely got it - at the expense of Hatton's career.

You guys must have never seen Pac fight if you think he'll get destroyed by Mayweather.

I've seen him fight plenty...He is the best LIGHTWEIGHT fighter in the game right now. But you are talking about a guy who is a natural 130-135 fighter fighting a guy who is a natural 147 fighter....big difference!

Pacman has done nothing to show me he can compete at welterweight.....he beat a WAY over the hill De La Hoya and an overrated Hatton (who is 140 anyway) he has never stepped into the ring w/ a true welterweight.

He does have a chance against Cotto, because Cotto has no chin and isn't nearly as fast as Pacman. BUT, it might be the classic case of larger fighter (see Mayweather-Marquez) asserting his size and power against a much smaller fighter.

Pacquiao stepping up to fight at welterweight (De La Hoya) reminds me of when Roy Jones Jr. went up to heavy weight and beat an average John Ruiz. Classic case of a smaller (far superior boxer) stepping up to beat a decent bigger man. If Jones Jr. would have fought the best (Lennox Louis) it would have been a different story....he knew better.

Pacman can step up and beat over the hill Oscar, and might even beat Cotto, but he isn't beating Mayweather.

I can't stand Mayweather and I think he is sickly overrated (he hasn't fought the top competition) but he beats Pacman in every category:

he is bigger, stronger, better defense, better hand speed, better boxing skill.

Edited by Gator Bait

pac struggled against Marquez, PBF is better than marquez in everyway imaginable inside the ring. i dont give Pac much of a chance against Mayweather, Mayweather will counter him all night to a wide unanimous decision win

i'm a huge pacquiao fan, i hope he beats Cotto and i think he will. clottey would've gotten the decision against cotto had he been more active in his punch output, that wont be a problem for Pacquaio.

i'm going with Pacquiao by (T)KO, rounds 8-10

pac struggled against Marquez, PBF is better than marquez in everyway imaginable inside the ring. i dont give Pac much of a chance against Mayweather, Mayweather will counter him all night to a wide unanimous decision win

i'm a huge pacquiao fan, i hope he beats Cotto and i think he will. clottey would've gotten the decision against cotto had he been more active in his punch output, that wont be a problem for Pacquaio.

i'm going with Pacquiao by (T)KO, rounds 8-10

Well, if you want to go down that road, both De La Hoya and Hatton gave Mayweather more of a fight that they did Pac.

He does have a chance against Cotto, because Cotto has no chin and isn't nearly as fast as Pacman. BUT, it might be the classic case of larger fighter (see Mayweather-Marquez) asserting his size and power against a much smaller fighter.

i dont agree with this comparison because Floyd didn't use size to beat Marquez, he used skill. floyd didn't do any of the "big man" tactics, like leaning on his opponent, or trapping him in the corner and making him support his weight to tire him out. floyd just used his reflexes & reaction time to counter marquez

that strategy wont be an option for Cotto. he'll have to fight like the bigger man to win. he needs to get inside and go to the body (which he does better than most). his best bet would be to cut the ring off from pacquiao, back him into a corner where pac wont be able to use his in & out movements nor will he be able to utilize his speed as effectively from inside.

the more this fight is fought from the outside, the better it is for Pacquiao. Cotto needs to be a bully in this fight

Well, if you want to go down that road, both De La Hoya and Hatton gave Mayweather more of a fight that they did Pac.

styles make fights

pacquaio is much more aggressive fighter than Floyd, therefore he pushes the action as was the case against DLH & Hatton. Floyd waited for them to make mistakes so he could counter. floyd is basically strictly a counter puncher at this point, but he's deadly in that one area

now, match pacquaio's aggressive style of fighting with floyd's all-time great defense and it equals pacquiao getting countered (much like what happened against Marquez, only he wont hit floyd as much he hit marquez)

styles make fights

pacquaio is much more aggressive fighter than Floyd, therefore he pushes the action as was the case against DLH & Hatton. Floyd waited for them to make mistakes so he could counter. floyd is basically strictly a counter puncher at this point, but he's deadly in that one area

now, match pacquaio's aggressive style of fighting with floyd's all-time great defense and it equals pacquiao getting countered (much like what happened against Marquez, only he wont hit floyd as much he hit marquez)

Mayweather has yet to fight anyone as good as Pac. I do think Mayweather is a great fighter, but to be the best, you have to beat the best and Mayweather and many of you do a lot of talking. Tell me this, why is Mosley set to fight Berto and not Mayweather? I mean, since he's so good and all.

Edited by blue collar

He does have a chance against Cotto, because Cotto has no chin

I'm not jumping in to disagree with you but why do you say Cotto has no chin?

Mayweather has yet to fight anyone as good as Pac.

That's true, but it is the size difference and incredible defense that makes me lean heavily toward Mayweather.