Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

That was thorough

If Fury takes care of himself in the interim, the 3rd fight should go the same way. Fury has been known to be inconsistent with his fight prep.  As for Wilder, he was always going to be lesser boxer at this stage of his career, when the right doesnt land, this is what you get. Carrying 270lbs in clinches is taxing. He never truly recovered from that equlibrium shot. He gave it what he could, just wasnt his night at all. Interested to see how he bounces back 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

When has there ever been another necessary reason other than money?

They both had rematch clauses worked into the contract of this fight. The winner of tonights fight gets a 60/40 split

Agreed, money is the only reason needed.  It’s the only reason either of those two fighters are still fighting, they’re both independently wealthy.  At least I hope they are.  If they think it will sell well, then they have to do it.  

That said, Fury has beaten Wilder twice now.  The draw set up a fun rematch but Wilder was out boxed badly in the first fight and caught a beating in the second.  There’s really no reason to expect a third fight to go any differently.  I’d probably watch it.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I really don't want a rubber match after that, but we will anyway. Wilder cant survive a straight boxing match with Fury, it's obvious now

the first fight was a boxing match and Wilder survived, and almost killed him in the closing seconds. the dynamics of the fight wont change, but I dont subscribe to Wilder having no shot at all.

the only variable is how does Wilder respond to that ass-kicking. fighters usually go one of two ways after that, not alot of middle ground after a beatdown like that

Edited by StillUnknown

17 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

the first fight was a boxing match and Wilder survived, and almost killed him in the closing seconds. the dynamics of the fight wont change, but I dont subscribe to Wilder having no shot at all.

the only variable is how does Wilder respond to that ass-kicking. fighters usually go one of two ways after that, not alot of middle ground after a beatdown like that

Never said he didn't have a shot, just not one without that right hand.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I much rather would've preferred him getting knocked out. The way that went down and now this stuff, makes things very awkward.

his corner did what they should have done. i've watched 3 fights in the past year in which a fighter died as a result of what happened in the ring. whatever was wrong with Wilder, his balance was gone and he doesn't have the technique to cope while in distress. I absolutely understand why Wilder feels that way, but his corner did the absolute right thing. It would be a terrible message to send if Wilder does dismiss him for that reason. It could have cascading effect of other corners in the game scared to save their fighter from themselves because they need the work

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

How quick into the fight was Wilder bleeding out of his ear because I wonder if he had a ruptured ear drum from a Fury punch?  He seemed wobbly on his legs almost the entire fight, like he was off balance. 

Fury ruptured his eardrum about 2 minutes into the 3rd round.  That was the end of the competitive portion of the fight.

Oh no you're right, they absolutely should've stopped it. I'm just saying in a vacuum,  it would've been better had he just got knocked out. That's really always been my view towards TKO's in general. They always leave little to no doubt, where as you can always catch a well timed/lucky hit in a split second of miscalculation.

12 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

boxing rarely surprises me, but blaming a defeat on your pre-fight garb being too heavy is a new one

He did go all out. He had a similar outfit for the Ortiz fight. 

Maybe, he should just stick to the mask and robe. 

As for the trilogy, he loses again unless he lands a well timed shot.  Fury ate a few rights from him early and they didn't seem to affect him. 

Wilder needs to drop back down to a more natural weight for him.

Firing Breland would  be DUMB!!! He has a better resume and is a better boxer than Wilder could ever hope to be.