Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

What is the soonest they might fight? October or November?

provided floyd doesn't have any injuries from his july fight, october/november sounds about right

elcea8.gif

ref could've counted to a hundred, brutal KO, piss poor defense on hatton's part though

Edited by StillUnknown

i kinda feel sorry for all those Hatton fans who made the overseas trip to see their boy go out like that.

Me too, and I really felt for his family who was sitting in the arena. They showed his fiance standing up looking absolutely devastated.

In the 3rd episode of the HBO 24/7 series for this fight Hatton talked about being hesitant to bring his son to see a fight because he was always afraid of the possiblity of getting KO'ed in front of him.

I hope his son never sees footage of this fight, but I have a feeling he's going to hear about it at school on monday. Poor kid.

Me too, and I really felt for his family who was sitting in the arena. They showed his fiance standing up looking absolutely devastated.

In the 3rd episode of the HBO 24/7 series for this fight Hatton talked about being hesitant to bring his son to see a fight because he was always afraid of the possiblity of getting KO'ed in front of him.

I hope his son never sees footage of this fight, but I have a feeling he's going to hear about it at school on monday. Poor kid.

This is why I'm hesitant to take your cousin to an ES tailgate.

Wouldn't want him to see me knocked out by DCsportsfan's jungle juice. :koolaid: :drool:

2vta2vr.jpg33lpdkz.jpg

Pacman's boxing SKILL has increased so much in a relatively short time. he used to have bad balance on alot of his shots and was more of a brawler himself. 2 or 3 years ago, he would have never been able to dodge that shot Hatton threw as he was getting knockdown the 1st time. Credit to Freddie Roach for finding that tell in Hatton's game that left him open for ever right-hook Pacman threw. Roach said in the post-fight presser that he noticed Hatton pumps his hand before he throws and knew it would leave him wide open for the right hook so they drilled that religiously in camp.

Edited by StillUnknown

Man, that hook doesn't look like it should've knocked Hatton out.

looked like Hatton was trying to throw a hook to Pac's body at the time and never saw the shot coming. its always the one you dont see coming that does the most damage. listening to the fight you could hear the thud that shot landed with.

thats the main difference between Pac & PBF, as Pac has gone up in weight, his power has traveled with him. PBF's power pretty much died out at 135.

Or try to make Pac man fight at 145 or 150 :doh:

Floyd's only gone over 147 himself once and that was to fight Oscar at 154

144 or 145 is probably where a potential fight would be held. judging by his last two fights it pretty clear Pac has no problem with the weight.

its not like Floyd is a natural 147lb'er. he started his career at 130 (i know pac started of at jockey weight :silly:)

Edited by StillUnknown

Here's a fight I'd like to see, though Manny'd have to move up or Paul down, but Punisher vs. Pac would be interesting (I think Paul's too quick and too tall for Pac though).

Man, that hook doesn't look like it should've knocked Hatton out.

if you look at the replay Pacmans corner had worked out that Hatton 'pump' movement so that Pacman throws that punch a fraction of a second before Hatton is starting to throw his, you can see it in both gifs - in other words Hatton is stepping straight in to the punch taking every ounce of energy from it. He is still in the motion of throwing his own punch as he starts to go down.

Here's a fight I'd like to see, though Manny'd have to move up or Paul down, but Punisher vs. Pac would be interesting (I think Paul's too quick and too tall for Pac though).

if paul fought smart and used his reach, pacquiao would be in for a long night. paul tends to give up his height and reach more than he should though, so i think Pac would have opportunities inside. i think paul would get him just because i'm not sure Pac could reach Paul's chin :silly:

fight will never happen though

if paul fought smart and used his reach, pacquiao would be in for a long night. paul tends to give up his height and reach more than he should though, so i think Pac would have opportunities inside. i think paul would get him just because i'm not sure Pac could reach Paul's chin :silly:

fight will never happen though

Probably not. OTOH, De La Hoya started out at 130 and ended at 154.

I've never been all that impressed with Paul Williams. IMO, he's a poor mans Hearns.

he's a freak, can go as low as 147 with a reach thats longer than the current 6'7" HW champion

he'll fight anyone that has the heart to actually accept a challenge. throws a hundred punches a round and has shown improving defense to go along with an iron chin.

the only reason he gets compared to hearns is because of the body type, but they really not that similar. Hearns had brutal one shot power, Paul doesn't. Paul has a rarely seen stamina for boxing, Hearns didn't. Hearns chin was shaky at times, Paul's never been down on the canvas

very impressive IMO.