Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

https://www.tmz.com/2019/10/10/errol-spence-ferrari-crash-dallas/

Boxing superstar Errol Spence -- one of the top pound-for-pound fighters in the world -- is badly injured and being treated in an Intensive Care Unit in Dallas after crashing a white Ferrari early Thursday morning.

The 29-year-old was driving on Riverfront Blvd. around 3 AM at a high rate of speed, according to cops, when the car went over the center median and flipped at least 5 times.

***More at link

Wishing a speedy recovery to Unified Welterweight Champ Errol Spence Jr! Prayers up!!!

• Sad 1

17 hours ago, StillUnknown said:

that knockout was absolutely brutal in real time

honestly as I get older, I question why i still watch. thats two fights within a span of a couple of month's I've watched a man essentially die in the ring.

I rarely... RARELY watch boxing anymore but I can't claim any moral high ground because of my love for MMA. Combat sports that involve striking are friggin' dangerous. I just happen to love them from childhood. The people who dedicate themselves to those sports are brave, brave people and consequences are dire even if they survive their careers.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Chachie said:

I rarely... RARELY watch boxing anymore but I can't claim any moral high ground because of my love for MMA. Combat sports that involve striking are friggin' dangerous. I just happen to love them from childhood. The people who dedicate themselves to those sports are brave, brave people and consequences are dire even if they survive their careers.

I've mentally justified it before because I know boxing has saved more lives than it has ruined. I just dont know anymore though

• Like 2

Regis Prograis vs. Josh Taylor starts around 2pm on DAZN

its the best fight that can be made at 140, 2 fighters in their prime and unbeaten. Josh Taylor is a bit unknown in the states, but he does fit the typical boxing stereotype of british fighters.  I would be shocked and definitively impressed if either man ran through the other.

then we have Shakur Stevenson vs. Joet Gonzalez on ESPN+ later tonight. Stevenson is shaping up to be one of the better prospects in boxing. Gonzalez is decent step up in competition, but if Stevenson is who he thinks he is, this one should be a good performance.

Prograis by late TKO and Shakur by UD.

Crazy drama with Stevenson and Gonzalez. Fighting your girlfriend's brother? Thanksgiving and Christmas are gonna be awkward, if the family invites him over.

Lubin fighting on Showtime too.

Edited by ksun247
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, ksun247 said:

Prograis by late TKO and Shakur by UD.

Crazy drama with Stevenson and Gonzalez. Fighting your girlfriend's brother? Thanksgiving and Christmas are gonna be awkward, if the family invites him over.

Lubin fighting on Showtime too.

damn, i had no idea about the backstory to that fight, i generally try to avoid 99% of fight "build-up" these days. gotta be hell for the sister tonight, either your man or brother is getting beat down.

Lubin has bounced back pretty well from the Charlo defeat. Still a young guy in the game, could still make some noise in his division

• Like 1

Prograis just got a boxing lesson. He had no plan B or C and lost by MD. 

Prograis should have let his hands go a little more or put a little heat on some of his punches. 

Taylor's  right eye is JACKED UP!!! 

Hate to see guys go into a big match and don't make adjustments when you're initial game plan isn't working. Prograis will bounce back, but Taylor was correct leading up to the fight.  Prograis' level of competition wasn't as good and he kinda schooled him or imposed his will more.

Edited by ksun247
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Canelo v Kovalev gonna go off at 1AM EST?

Thats a bit too strong for me.

Yeah, that's a tough one.  Also competes with UFC 244. Promoters need to do better with the show start times and dates. Hate when competing events are the same day and time.  But they gotta accommodate the folks in other time zones (PST).  Kinda glad i'm in Vegas, but still kinda late for me, as I gotta be at work at Zero Dark Thirty. Will probably catch highlights or watch later on DAZN and UFC on YouTube. 

17 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Canelo v Kovalev gonna go off at 1AM EST?

Thats a bit too strong for me.

there was literally an entire hour between the last fight and the main event, which is finally to the 45 anthems they sing before they fight

it was stupid decision to wait for the main event of the UFC card to be finished first. the crossover between MMA & Boxing isn't that large. plenty of pissed off people waiting around.