Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

Explain this to me: if his CA license is suspended, couldn't he just fight in another state?

And there's actually a CSAC inspector named Che Guevara? :wtf:

usually when one sanctioning body suspends a license for any reason, the other states will abide by it as a matter of principle. it doesn't quite prevent the fighter from going overseas or fighting in Mexico though.

and i was wondering the same thing about the guys name :wtf:

quite honestly, Margarito and his trainer should be banned for life in my opinion. boxing is dangerous enough when its fair, loading your gloves should be criminal

Margarito and his trainer should be banned for life in my opinion. boxing is dangerous enough when its fair, loading your gloves should be criminal

agreed, although I'm disappointed Cotto wont get the chance to avenge his only career lose! That lose should be called a no contest in my opinion.

agreed, although I'm disappointed Cotto wont get the chance to avenge his only career lose! That lose should be called a no contest in my opinion.

yeah man that is some BS i have been a huge cotto supporter for a while now and thats BS his career got pretty much derailed from this loss...we was working his way up to a huge PPV fight and that loss threw everything off course

yeah man that is some BS i have been a huge cotto supporter for a while now and thats BS his career got pretty much derailed from this loss...we was working his way up to a huge PPV fight and that loss threw everything off course

I don't think it completely derailed his career. With the light being shed on Margarito's cheating ways....if anything I think it will give cotto a resurgence.

He will bounce back! Now that Margarito is out, seems to me the two fights that make the most sense are:

Cotto vs. Mosley or Mayweather vs. Mosley

triple header tomorrow on HBO

Angulo vs. Cosme Rivera at 154lbs (angulo was supposed to fight Mayorga, but he backed out over money issues)

Kermit Cintron vs. Sergio Martinez at 154lbs

Nate Campbell vs. Ali Funeka at 135lbs

Campbell lost all three of his titles on the scales as he couldn't make weight, they will still fight though. kinda ironic since he blasted Joan Guzman for not making weight for their last fight. on a similar note, i'm not sure how Funeka makes 135lbs, he's freaky tall for that weight (like The Punisher at WW)

Edited by StillUnknown

Anyone see the Showtime fight tonight. The Lt. Heavies got a new champion...looks like a mixture of Tarver and Jones rolled into 1. Chad Dawson is a good yound fighter.

that was a replay of a fight from almost 2 years ago actually. Dawson's had a few successful defenses of the title since then including a dominant victory over Tarver.

they're fighting again pretty soon because Tarver had a rematch clause

the more you post in this thread, the less credible your words become

Agreed, at least about the disagreement on Campbell's abilities. He had his last opponent back out on him, lost a ton of money to that, then misses weight and loses his belts the night he's fighting a dangerous (much taller) replacement. Nate managed to put in an inspired performance, scoring two knockdowns. Give the guy a break.

Edit- BTW, Kermit Cintron is a weak-minded fighter IMHO but I wasn't impressed by Martinez either. That fight was a poorly officiated snoozer.

Edited by Chachie

Agreed, at least about the disagreement on Campbell's abilities. He had his last opponent back out on him, lost a ton of money to that, then misses weight and loses his belts the night he's fighting a dangerous (much taller) replacement. Nate managed to put in an inspired performance, scoring two knockdowns. Give the guy a break.

Edit- BTW, Kermit Cintron is a weak-minded fighter IMHO but I wasn't impressed by Martinez either. That fight was a poorly officiated snoozer.

Nate looked bad last night, but to call the dude a bum and overrated discounts his career as a whole. he's responsible for giving some great fighters their 1st professional lost (Juan Diaz & Kid Diamond come to mind). he should be able to make some noise at 140, not that much talent their at the present moment (although Devon Alexander & Victor Ortiz are tremendous prospects to watch in the division)

that card went through so many changes, i thought at least the fights would make up for it, but they didn't

Cintron is still in denial about that punch being a headbutt :ols:

Edited by StillUnknown

With Nate moving up to 140 the fight being mentioned that I would love to see him take is versus Juan Urango for the IBF title. That's a phone booth bout that would see some hellacious body shots. Urango hurt Hatton a couple of times with body shots when they fought a few years ago.

Funeka is a tough guy with a lot of heart. He needs to spend some time in the gym learning how to defend overhand rights. If he learns that he can be a top guy at 135.

Angulo was impressive in his victory, but the guy has absolutely no defense. He fights like Margarito but without the godly chin. We'll see him exposed here shortly unless his handlers steer him away from big punchers. The winner of Kirkland/Julio versus Angulo is a dream fight.

Angulo was impressive in his victory, but the guy has absolutely no defense. He fights like Margarito but without the godly chin. We'll see him exposed here shortly unless his handlers steer him away from big punchers. The winner of Kirkland/Julio versus Angulo is a dream fight.

Angulo was impressive, but it has to be qualified that his opponent took the fight on 4 days notice. Angulo looked a little slow & ate too many punches with his chin. the Kirkland/Julio match would be a good fight, although Angulo's people already turned down a fight with Kirkland about year ago or so (not really sure why).

i want to see how he fares against a boxer to see if he's the real deal. i think he'll have success against fighters that come at him, but right now i think he would have a major problem with a skilled boxer

So if (when?) Cotto wins Saturday, think he'll rematch Sugar Shane? Think Punisher'll challenger the winner of that?

if cotto wins, he'll fight Shane or Berto. most likely Shane though.

honestly, i don't expect to see the Punisher back at 147, nobody with a name wants to fight him and the longer he stays above 147 the harder it'll be on him to make the cut. he'll continue to go between 154 & 160 though

if cotto wins, he'll fight Shane or Berto. most likely Shane though.

honestly, i don't expect to see the Punisher back at 147, nobody with a name wants to fight him and the longer he stays above 147 the harder it'll be on him to make the cut. he'll continue to go between 154 & 160 though

Doesn't seem to really be anyone of note at 154. Think he'll challenge Pavlik? THAT'S a fight I'd like to see.

Doesn't seem to really be anyone of note at 154. Think he'll challenge Pavlik? THAT'S a fight I'd like to see.

154 has alot of young talent that are almost ready to take that next step. over the next couple of years i think 154 will be one of the more competitive divisions in boxing (Angulo, Martinez, Kirkland, Vanes Mat., Punisher, Dziridunk(sp?) )

on another note, Anthony Peterson injured his knee so he's off the Cotto/Jennings card.

Dan Rafael mentioned that should Cotto come out of this weekend relatively unscathed he could be fighting Cintron (who would be moving back down to 147) in June. I understand Cintron has a family to support, but I really wonder if he should still be fighting. I have my doubts that his heart is truly in the sport.

Just a thought but If Mosley/Cotto II can't be made HBO should really consider doing a PPV or WCB of Cotto/Clottey with Berto/Collazo II in the supporting bout. The winners could fight at the end of the year if this Pacquiao/Hatton/Mosley/Mayweather mess doesn't get sorted out.