Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

looks like Pacman/Hatton seriously might not happen:

Pacquiao-Hatton implodes!

Camps can't agree on purse split The camps of Manny Pacquiao and Ricky Hatton have both rejected a compromise on the purse split of their proposed May 2 super fight. The Pacquiao camp demanded a 60-40 split, while the Hatton camp insisted on 50-50. Attempts to salvage the fight with 52-48 and 55-45 splits failed and now both camps say they are pursuing other options. Hatton promoter Richard Schaefer of Golden Boy ripped into the Pacman, telling the LA Times “Frankly, I’m disgusted at the behavior of Manny Pacquiao. He’s a spoiled young kid who doesn’t know how to behave.” Hatton now may target Oscar De La Hoya as his next opponent.

:doh: go away Oscar

Pacquiao deserves more money than Hatton. He's the more popular fighter right now. Does he even really talk? Whenever I see him, he's always pretty silent and respectful, but Oscar and Hatton have now called him out.

Good luck to Hatton on getting better than 60-40 from Oscar. I wonder if he can get 70-30. Who wants to see that fight anyway?

Edited by jnhay

Pacquiao deserves more money than Hatton. He's the more popular fighter right now. Does he even really talk? Whenever I see him, he's always pretty silent and respectful, but Oscar and Hatton have now called him out.

Good luck to Hatton on getting better than 60-40 from Oscar. I wonder if he can get 70-30. Who wants to see that fight anyway?

You are wrong about the popularity. Hatton is easily the most popular fighter in the sport. Oscar needs to go away, because Hatton would kill him.

Berto showed he's not yet ready for the big boys of the division (Margarito, Cotto, Punisher, Clottey)

I think you are right. The problem isn't his boxing skills; it is his lack of power, size, and inside fighting. He had no business standing in the middle of the ring trading punches with colazo....anyone of the fighters listed above would have knocked him out.

Berto needs to move down to 140 where he will be the bigger man w/ superior boxing skills.

Berto could out box any one of the fighters listed above, but he would fall victim to a Margarito-Cotto type fight where he is pressured and forced to take big shots.

You are wrong about the popularity. Hatton is easily the most popular fighter in the sport. Oscar needs to go away, because Hatton would kill him.

You need to quit trying to act like you know boxing. None of your comments in this forum make any sense. No way Hatton is the most popular fighter in the sport. De la hoya is w/o a doubt the most popular. There are probably at least 5 other fighters who are more popular than Hatton. Roy Jones Jr. and Felix Trinidad are more popular than hatton and they are washed up.

i'm going to go with Mosely in the upset. people forget that Cotto was about boxing Marg before Marg broke his will.

Shane has a better chin and more heart than Cotto, i'm guessing he has enough in the tank to outbox Marg for a close decision victory. Marg gets buy on pressure and an iron chin, he's still not a technical boxer by any means so Shane will have his opportunities to score, his chin just has to hold up.

i'm going to go with Mosely in the upset. people forget that Cotto was about boxing Marg before Marg broke his will.

Shane has a better chin and more heart than Cotto, i'm guessing he has enough in the tank to outbox Marg for a close decision victory. Marg gets buy on pressure and an iron chin, he's still not a technical boxer by any means so Shane will have his opportunities to score, his chin just has to hold up.

I'm going with Margarito with a late round KO.

I think it will be a close fight too. Shane won't be able to hurt Margarito and I think Marg will pressure him so much throughout the fight that his chin won't hold up. Similar to the Cotto fight.

You need to quit trying to act like you know boxing. None of your comments in this forum make any sense. No way Hatton is the most popular fighter in the sport. De la hoya is w/o a doubt the most popular. There are probably at least 5 other fighters who are more popular than Hatton. Roy Jones Jr. and Felix Trinidad are more popular than hatton and they are washed up.

No, he's not. DLH is the most popular boxer in America. But, DLH couldn't go to England or Germany and fill up a huge stadium. Hatton's fans fly across the ocean in droves to see him fight in America. Same with Manny's. To say that Roy Jones or Trinidad were even in the same ballpark in global popularity is hilarious.

No, he's not. DLH is the most popular boxer in America. But, DLH couldn't go to England or Germany and fill up a huge stadium. Hatton's fans fly across the ocean in droves to see him fight in America. Same with Manny's. To say that Roy Jones or Trinidad were even in the same ballpark in global popularity is hilarious.

that's because all the big fights are in america...not in europe. the united states is much bigger than England, more fans.

Margarito is NOT GOING to KO Sugar Shane tonight. This fight will be a split decision. Shane will outbox Margarito, by landing multiple combinations and using his speed against Tony. Tony doesn't use defense in his fights. He's all offense. He has a great chin and will take many punches and just press forward against Shane trying to break him down. Tony will land some good shots and win some rounds. Shane has a great chin as well. His chin hasn't really been tested since Vernon Forrest touched him up. Shane will get the close decision. I don't see either fighter getting KO'ed. I think Shane will do what Cotto should have kept doing (BOX - hit and move). Just want a decent fight. Can't wait.

As for Kirkland vs Williams. Should be decent. Neither has good defense. They just throw punches, so it should be an action fight if it gets made.

Berto should have lost that fight, but Collazo gave away several rounds by not throwing punches. So IMHO, he deserved to lose. Both fighters got tired, but Berto wanted it more in the final rounds.

It's a toss-up for who's more popular between Hatton & Pacquiao. Both have huge followings. I give the slight edge to Pacquiao. De La Hoya is not the most popular anymore. He's just the cash cow for boxing. Everyone wants Oscar so they can get $$$ PAID $$$.

Kirkland has to get past Joel Julio in March to get to Williams, its no guarantee he gets past Julio.

I know...But Julio got schooled by Quintana. HBO was hyping him up and then Carlos took him to school. It was embarrassing. Styles make fights, so it should be a good fight.

I know...But Julio got schooled by Quintana. HBO was hyping him up and then Carlos took him to school. It was embarrassing. Styles make fights, so it should be a good fight.

quintana's a great fighter, i believe he's only lost to Cotto & Williams, no shame in that. it'll definitely be a great fight, but the Quintana/Julio fight holds no comparison to the Kirkland/Julio fight. Quintana is a much better technical boxer than Kirkland. Kirkland has been down before, and still has alot of defensive holes. Julio still has a great deal of power in his shots. Kirkland may have an edge though, because Julio struggles against lefties

this fight is toss up to me right now, can't wait to see it.

Edited by StillUnknown