Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

another dominating win for the Punisher, depsite suffering a nasty cut in the first round as result of a headbutt.

Williams' body work was impressive, he essentially made Phillips quit on his stool. Verno's a tough dude, hadn't been stopped in 20yrs, yet Paul made him quit.

Margarito needs to man up and sign the contract

Is Margarito really refusing to sign a contract to fight Williams? I thought that was always the cry from the Margarito camp; that everyone was avoiding HIM. I'd love to see that fight.....

What do you think of the rumors of PBF coming out of retirement? Do you think he would fight Manny. I'd love to see that too....

Is Margarito really refusing to sign a contract to fight Williams? I thought that was always the cry from the Margarito camp; that everyone was avoiding HIM. I'd love to see that fight.....

What do you think of the rumors of PBF coming out of retirement? Do you think he would fight Manny. I'd love to see that too....

Apparently Margarito turned down a fight with Punisher to fight Mosley for less $. Believe me, if anyone avoided anyone, Margarito avoided Paul. Paul's the type who will fight ANYONE, anywhere, at any weight class. He wouldn't avoid Margarito (hell, he beat him already, I'm sure he'd love a second fight).

I think Mosley might beat him...make him look stupid.

Mosley is quicker than Cotto and has a better chin. Cotto would have beat Margarito if he didn't run out of gas and get TKOed in the end.

Oh come on. Cotto got his arse handed to him by Margarito, deal with it. And Mosley will not beat him.

Oh come on. Cotto got his arse handed to him by Margarito, deal with it. And Mosley will not beat him.

I don't know which fight you watched, but I watched that fight twice. Cotto was winning hands down until the last few rounds.

Margarito took over that fight in the seventh round.

Apparently Margarito turned down a fight with Punisher to fight Mosley for less $. Believe me, if anyone avoided anyone, Margarito avoided Paul. Paul's the type who will fight ANYONE, anywhere, at any weight class. He wouldn't avoid Margarito (hell, he beat him already, I'm sure he'd love a second fight).

I wasn't saying that I thought Punisher was avoiding Margarito, I was just saying that I thought Margarito always complained about everyone avoiding him. So, it's funny to me that he would be dodging Punisher.

Geeeez....why on earth is Calzaghe v Jones considered on the best of 2008 list...

I was thinking the same thing. That fight has no business being on any "Best of" list.....

Update on a possible PacMan/Hatton fight.

http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/263819

Pac will destroy Hatton....

Diaz won't avenge that loss against Nate Campbell. Nate destroyed him. He took his heart from him early in the fight. After that "Baby Bull" just went through the motions. :(

damn shame Nate keeps getting overlooked in that division. i wish Joan Guzman had made weight for their fight, it would've been a great one. Campbell fought Juan Diaz at his own game and broke him. Nate is a warrior plain and simple

Juan Manuel Marquez should have too much skill for Diaz at this point in their careers. Diaz has a high workrate, but not much power to go with it. Marquez is arguably the best pure boxer in the sport since Mayweather is gone. i'm picking Marquez by decision, but it should be an interesting clash of styles

I wasn't saying that I thought Punisher was avoiding Margarito, I was just saying that I thought Margarito always complained about everyone avoiding him. So, it's funny to me that he would be dodging Punisher.

I was thinking the same thing. That fight has no business being on any "Best of" list.....

Pac will destroy Hatton....

Will Pac destroy Mayweather?

Will Pac destroy Mayweather?

NO!!! He'll get his outboxed and TKO'd by round 10. Don't sleep on Floyd's defense or his power. He has speed & skill. It's all about the money for Floyd. Once Hatton gets whupped by Manny, Floyd will be there for that huge payday. Manny may win a few rounds on aggressiveness, but Floyd will make Manny miss some punches and counter with some powershots. Watch the late "Chico" Corrales fight vs Floyd or the 2nd Jose Luis Castillo fight. When Floyd is on his game, he won't be beat. For the record, I just want to see good fights. Doesn't matter who, just decent boxing matches.

Pac had lots of trouble with Juan Manuel Marquez, Mayweather is better at every facet of the game compared to JMM.

Floyd gets a decision or a late round KO against Pac, especially if the fight is at 140.

Marquez came back from the dead to eke out a draw and I think he actually beat Manny on points in that fight. Wow, what a show. As I recall, there was a rematch that was similar but Manny won without question.

Mayweather = the King until proven otherwise. I don't like him but I'd favor him over anyone, including Manny Pac. Floyd by TKO inside of 10. Floyd eats up guys who come forward.

Edited by Chachie

Marquez came back from the dead to eke out a draw and I think he actually beat Manny on points in that fight. Wow, what a show. As I recall, there was a rematch that was similar but Manny won without question.

Mayweather = the King until proven otherwise. I don't like him but I'd favor him over anyone, including Manny Pac. Floyd by TKO inside of 10. Floyd eats up guys who come forward.

i like both fighters, and if boxing is a sweet science, Mayweather has Emeritus status. Pac has improved his technical skills so much, but not enough to get past Mayweather at this point

• 2 weeks later...