Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

Crawford strikes me as the type that will need a high quality opponent to bring out the best in him. You can see the obvious skill and physical traits, but he's almost too relaxed. I think he'll shine against better opposition.

Doubt he sees any real comp until he moves to 140 or Mikey Garcia moves up to 135. The cupboards are bare at 130/135.

On a sidenote, Cotto might have the worst tattoos of any professional boxer in the game right now.

Edited by StillUnknown

Cotto looked very good tonight. He threw the hardest punches I've seen him throw in years.

Cotto ****ed up that boys entire night, great comeback performance for him.  Opens the door to him fighting Canelo/Sergio/ or even a 2nd fight with Floyd.

You think Alverez is gonna want a fight with Cotto after tonight?

Cotto looked very good tonight. He threw the hardest punches I've seen him throw in years.

You think Alverez is gonna want a fight with Cotto after tonight?

Cotto looked great, but recognize who it was against. I doubt it puts much fear in Canelo.

I'm thinking Cotto fights Sergio next.

Martinez-Cotto at Giants stadium the week of the Puerto Rican Day Parade is what Arum wants, would be massive but I'll believe it when I see it.

Bradley-JMM is an eh PPV to me, I'll catch it for free the week after

Rumor has it that both fighters have already agreed to the fight. Now it's just a matter of working out the details. I think Sergio should want a tune-up first although I still have him winning. Cotto just isn't the same any more. Not taking anything from him, he did look magnificent against Delvin Rodriguez. BUT he did look magnificent against Delvin Rodriguez

Sergio has def lost a step or two but I still think his hand speed, coupled with the fact that Roach doesn't teach defense, will spell disaster for Cotto. He now has a false sense of confidence in Roach mainly because of how good he looked last Saturday but that will quickly be exposed by Martinez if he brings his a game. 

Admittedly I believe it could go either way but I got Sergio by decision. Cotto's face does seem to batter quite easily so it could very well be a late round stoppage. All in all, I expect a very, very good fight between these two.

Edited by T-REX1240

Did you see Sergio's last fight? If Cotto fight like he did last Saturday, he wins easily.

Yea I did. That's why i said he has lost a step. But I know styles makes fights and to me, Sergio's style will give Cotto problems. Keep in mind, Sergio was injured going into his last fight. He was not 100% and opted for surgery right after.

I admit, I'll probably get the Bradley/JMM fight, but it's grossly overpriced. This is not a $64.99 fight(HD) IMO. It's more of a $49.99-$55.99 fight if you ask me.

More of a 29.99 regular and 34.99 ppv imo, neither one of these guys are draws by themselves, both great fighters but need a Pac or Mayweather to make it a ppv. Would be a great HBO fight

Did you see Sergio's last fight? If Cotto fight like he did last Saturday, he wins easily.

Cotto can't fight like he did Saturday against Sergio because he is a completely different style of fighter than Rodriguez. Sergio wouldn't allow Cotto to simply walk him down. Cotto fought like he did Saturday because he had no reason to fear any weapon in Rodriguez's arsenal. 

Sergio is on bad wheels is still a far better mover & better boxer than anyone Cotto has fought recently not named Floyd.

I'm not quite saying Sergio beats him, but the only meaningful conclusion you can draw from Cotto's performance Saturday is that he is not a shot fighter.

Edited by StillUnknown

Expecting a close fight tonight between Bradley & Marquez. Bradley has typically showed a good fight IQ, his bout with RP was an aberration. Should he fight that way again tonight, I suspect Marquez will stop him. JMM is at his best when he doesn't have to force the action. He's one of the better offensive counter punchers in game, but when faced with a patient fighter like Floyd, he was easily tamed. Fortunately for JMM, Bradley doesn't have half of Mayweather's defense, and will be more active in terms of punch output.

Predictions on fighters 35+ are always dicey anyway because of the propensity for fighters to turn old seemingly overnight. JMM is probably the recipient of some "enhancements", so I doubt that plays too much of a factor tonight. If Bradley fights smart, I could see him trying to smother JMM against the ropes and leaving little space for JMM to work the angles necessary to counter him.  I think Bradley will look good early, but will get dragged into enough exchanges that will allow JMM to shine on the scorecards.

JMM by close decision

• Like 1

On another note, there are some interesting fights coming up for the last quarter of the year:

Firstly, I just have to point out that my boy Errol Spence fights on Monday!!

Bhop-Murat takes place at the end of this month. But a good co-main added to that one with Peter Quillin-Gabe Rosado.

Alexander-Porter at the end of Nov in Texas. Card still being finalized.

Zab Judah-Paulie Malignaggi on the 7th of Dec. Co-main there is Trout-Laura. Rumors for at least one more good bout will soon be added to that card.

We already know Broner-Maidana is on ppv in Dec. They are finalizing that card with some interesting fights. For the co-main that night, Victor Ortiz makes his ring return and debut @154 against Carlos Molina. There are also a couple other nice bouts Golden Boy has added to that card.

Plus Khan is supposed to get matched up against somebody soon since he ducked Devon. But we'll see. All in all, good quarter of boxing by GBP to close out '13.

Vasyl+Lomachenko+vs+Jose+Ramirez+2.gif

Get to know Vasyl Lomachenko. 2x time gold medalist (2008 & 2012), one of the best amateurs ever. He knocks out Jose Ramirez in his first fight, Ramirez is better than anyone on Gary Russell Jr's resume.

He will be moved fast, wouldn't be shocked if he fights Rigondeaux in his 5th or 6th fight if things go smoothly.

Edited by StillUnknown

4-2 Bradley after 6 for me, but I'm seeing every conceivable score on my timeline right now.

You're splitting hairs to find a winner of these rounds.

Bradley's defense has been amazing tonight, he's not getting hit with much clean.

Fight seems to be edging more towards Bradley, Marquez's face is starting to show damage and he's having a hard time landing clean. Bradley is also the more active fighter which always plays a role in close rounds.

I have Bradley up 7-3 after 10, but its a much closer fight than that may suggest, a few early rounds were toss ups. Bradley has been more clear cut the last half of the fight IMO.

7-4 Bradley going into the final round

incredibly hard fight to judge, almost no score would be wrong

Bradley is coasting the last 2 rounds, could come back to bite him in the ass. Too close of a fight to be playing it safe.

wow, Bradley hits Marquez with a left hook in the final seconds that had Marquez on rollerblades, might have been enough to steal the round. Not enough to steal it on mine though.

115-113 Bradley on my card

Edited by StillUnknown