ACW

All Things Boxing

big round 7 for Mayweather. Haven't seen Mayweather his offensive minded in a very long time, he's putting Canelo on the ropes and unleashing combos

If you wanted to be generous, you could probably give Canelo the 8th on activity alone. Floyd still landed the cleaner shots.

7-1 Mayweather.

8-0 Floyd. A light fixture falling on Mayweather is now Canelo's only realistic chance of avoiding certain defeat.

Why anyone thought this was going to go any different is beyond me? The only guy with a chance to beat him was pacman because he's not scared to get hit was ducked. Mayweather is a tremendous fighter but ill always be disappointed I never got to see the two best fighters in the world fight in their prime.

• Like 2

Even if you're really biased and want Mayweather to lose you could only try and argue for 2 rounds for Alvarez. In all honesty though it's probably 9-0 (8-1 if Alvarez is lucky).

I think the majority of PPV buys for Mayweather fights at this point are people hoping to see that one magic punch land to put him on his ass.

total domination from the best fighter of his era

Canelo's size is the only reason he will see the final bell.

Canelo missed badly with a punch near the ropes, Floyd stopped to stare at the spot it missed, then laughed.

10 rounds to 2 at the absolute worst

could very well be a shutout

He is a piece of **** as human being, but he is also a genius of his craft.

• Like 1

One of the judges lost his mind and scored it a draw. Maybe he saw Mayweather's entrance and deducted 10-12 points.

Edited by Destino

She was one of the two idiots scoring the Bradley/Pacquiao fight that horribly botched that one. CJ Ross should never be allowed to judge a fight again in her life.

The same judge who apparently scored the fight for PAC-Bradley and she was suspended for that one as well...this might be the end of her career...

• Like 1

Canelo out classed in every way.

Whatever judge had it a draw should have their license revoked.

Someone just said it is same judge who had Bradley over Pac.  True?

Canelo out classed in every way.

Whatever judge had it a draw should have their license revoked.

Someone just said it is same judge who had Bradley over Pac.  True?

Ya it's true Mike

That was a lesson in boxing.

I don't think I have ever seen Mayweather perform and rebound that way.

The draw thing... laughable. But unfortunately a mark against the sport.

It seems like Mayweather has gotten better in his last few fights, as far as giving into the pressure from his detractors. Because he sat in the pocket all fight long against Canelo, and still made him miss and hit great counter shots.  Looked like he might have had Canelo wobbled in the middle rounds.

Yet his haters will still give him no credit and say things like "he just runs" which is just total nonsense.

• Like 2

ibvpbSib37rmGW.jpg

This idiot gave Canelo 4 of the last 5 rounds

That kind of incompetence cannot be accepted

Edited by StillUnknown

Took the young man to school..total clinic. Mayweather is such a tactician, the looks he gives/the set ups, the angles the punches come from, the timing of the counters, the hand speed/overall speed and footwork, so elusive... leaves the opponent punching at air...or his guard/shoulder. The few punches that do connect glance and roll off. Totally frustrated the guy.

Stiff jab, lead right, hooks, uppercut..at one point I swear he hit Canelo with about 12 unanswered shots, head, body, around and between the guard.  

Canelo is only 23, I think he'll be a good one, he was just outclassed by a super savvy vet and pound for pound one of the best you'll ever see.

How that one judge could have it 114-114 is ...is..I can't come up with a good enough word, inexplicable like Jim Gray said.  I gave Canelo 2 rounds at the most.

Edited by MumboSauce

I don't know a lot about boxing; I am smart enough to admit that, With that out the way... Whoever scored the fight as a draw is dumb. Seriously, one of the dumbest things I ever seen.

This was a one-sided beatdown. If Pacquiao wins in November, that's STILL the best fight for Mayweather. Does anyone really want to see him beat Khan, Alexander or Garcia?

I honestly think he could retire right now. I wanted to see Mayweather/Pac back in 2009. At this point, I don't even care anymore about it. I wanted him to fight Canelo because I thought Canelo would give him a little trouble, but he just whooped his ass. There's really no one left other than Pac that's worthy of getting in the ring with him.

• Like 1