Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

Why anyone thought this was going to go any different is beyond me? The only guy with a chance to beat him was pacman because he's not scared to get hit was ducked. Mayweather is a tremendous fighter but ill always be disappointed I never got to see the two best fighters in the world fight in their prime.

• Like 2

Even if you're really biased and want Mayweather to lose you could only try and argue for 2 rounds for Alvarez. In all honesty though it's probably 9-0 (8-1 if Alvarez is lucky).

I think the majority of PPV buys for Mayweather fights at this point are people hoping to see that one magic punch land to put him on his ass.

total domination from the best fighter of his era

Canelo's size is the only reason he will see the final bell.

Canelo missed badly with a punch near the ropes, Floyd stopped to stare at the spot it missed, then laughed.

10 rounds to 2 at the absolute worst

could very well be a shutout

He is a piece of **** as human being, but he is also a genius of his craft.

• Like 1

It seems like Mayweather has gotten better in his last few fights, as far as giving into the pressure from his detractors. Because he sat in the pocket all fight long against Canelo, and still made him miss and hit great counter shots.  Looked like he might have had Canelo wobbled in the middle rounds.

Yet his haters will still give him no credit and say things like "he just runs" which is just total nonsense.

• Like 2

Took the young man to school..total clinic. Mayweather is such a tactician, the looks he gives/the set ups, the angles the punches come from, the timing of the counters, the hand speed/overall speed and footwork, so elusive... leaves the opponent punching at air...or his guard/shoulder. The few punches that do connect glance and roll off. Totally frustrated the guy.

Stiff jab, lead right, hooks, uppercut..at one point I swear he hit Canelo with about 12 unanswered shots, head, body, around and between the guard.  

Canelo is only 23, I think he'll be a good one, he was just outclassed by a super savvy vet and pound for pound one of the best you'll ever see.

How that one judge could have it 114-114 is ...is..I can't come up with a good enough word, inexplicable like Jim Gray said.  I gave Canelo 2 rounds at the most.

Edited by MumboSauce

I honestly think he could retire right now. I wanted to see Mayweather/Pac back in 2009. At this point, I don't even care anymore about it. I wanted him to fight Canelo because I thought Canelo would give him a little trouble, but he just whooped his ass. There's really no one left other than Pac that's worthy of getting in the ring with him.

• Like 1