Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

So your going too believe all the bull**** that comes out of Pacs mouth? If you going too go by that then in 2009 the fight was made both in there prime. MAYWEATHER signed the contract for 50/50 Pac didn't scared of needles. Fight could have been made last year May 5th but Pac has this super cut that takes 6 months too heal, and the make believe stadium won't be ready in time. EXCUSE AFTER EXCUSE AFTER EXCUSE Pac, knows he isn't getting 50% of the money he knows that period, he preaches this 45% bull**** when Mayweather is on his way too prison.

I don't know. When it comes to bull****, I'm pretty sure Mayweather is the king. So if we're just going by a person's word, then he's not getting the benefit of the doubt from me.

Edited by jnhay

I don't know. When it comes to bull****, I'm pretty sure Mayweather is the king. So if we're just going by a person's word, then he's not getting the benefit of the doubt from me.

You know what thats fine, I agree this fight has been a joke and both sides are equally responsible. I just hate when people sit there and ignore all the excuses Pacquaio had its a joke really its like this guy can do no wrong.

This is how you expose someone for their hypocrisy. Take notes people.

You Mayweather fanboys crack me up. Pac uses Mayweather's name to sell fights? Please. Just this past week, Floyd makes the FIRST announcement about his next fight on the week leading up to the Pacquiao fight.

Manny Pacquiao has Landed in LA, Ready for Bradley

why is this a big deal? He coincidentally landed on the evening of May 5th, 2012, the same night Floyd was fighting Miguel Cotto. He released this press release to everyone and Jim Lampley even mentioned it on the HBO telecast of the Mayweather/Cotto fight.

Both camps have been petty over things like this, but Pacman has been doing it longer. Shoot, Pacman's whole status right now is based on him being "the one" that is supposed to beat Floyd Mayweather.

I mean this man was didn't say not one word concerning boxing since his release from jail.

this is untrue. He has had a few interviews since leaving jail. He and 50 Cent also went at it over twitter a few weeks ago.

http://www.fighthype.com/news/article13218.html

http://www.fighthype.com/news/article13219.html

You either didnt know this, or you intentionally put your head in the sand so you can say Floyd was out speaking to steal limelight.

What about last years "challenge" in the days leading up to Pacquiao/Marquez 3. It went something like this, "Meh and you PUNK, May 5 at the MGM Grand, I'm calling you out PUNK."

another untrue statement.

this was the first time he called Manny out to fight May 5th. This video was uploaded November 29th, 2011. The Marquez/Manny fight was November 12, 2011.

Floyd did let it leak out that he was planning to fight on May 5th tho, but he never called out Manny. You know why? Because Bob Arum was spreading out lies that Floyd was planning to fight Erik Morales.

http://www.esnewsreporting.com/bob-arum-mayweather-wants-morales-may-5th-not-pacman/

The common theme in this fight not happening is Bob Arum lies, remember that.

And who really believed Floyd was serious?

And as for his ludicrous blood testing demand? Come on. Did he demand any fighter prior to Pacquiao to take random blood test?

why is it ludicrous when Roach said he was ok with USADA 24/7 drug testing?

http://www.aolnews.com/2009/12/17/freddie-roach-on-the-mayweathers-olympic-style-drug-testing/

FH: What are your thoughts on the random Olympic-style drug-testing proposed by the Floyd Mayweather camp for both Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao prior to the fight?

Roach: I have no problem with that whatsoever. Whatever kind of testing they want is no problem. I have trouble giving Manny Pacquiao vitamins. He won't take any protein drinks. No problem at all.

video of it as well

again, thats from December 2009. He backed off it once Arum and Manny said no drug testing. Remember that.

Pacquiao did say he'd expect less than May. 55/45. That wasn't good enough for May. He wanted the lions share of the purse and ALL of the PPV. Yeah, Pacquiao and Top Rank was gonna agree with that.

How you just gonna dismiss the quote from Richard Koncz regarding the phone call between Mayweather and Pacquiao? I linked and quoted it earlier and you just dismissed it without a single bat of the eye :ols:

Sure, they both have their faults. Bob Arum's mysterious stadium. Floyd's demands. But don't sit there and act like Floyd is "almost" totally without blame.

its not just the mysterious stadium. He also talked about 6 month cut that Manny had.

Also, dont forget that Arum had talked about fighting May 5th once it looked like Floyd would be going to jail on May 1st, then backed off it once he got it pushed back. Arum also said he was looking to put a fight together until the mediator, Judge Daniel H. Weinstein, came out and said Arum was lying.

---------- Post added December-13th-2012 at 12:06 PM ----------

You know what thats fine, I agree this fight has been a joke and both sides are equally responsible. I just hate when people sit there and ignore all the excuses Pacquaio had its a joke really its like this guy can do no wrong.

this is the feeling I have too. The time I get upset at Floyd was after the Mosley fight. A fight could have been made later in 2010. HBO had got involved, Schaeffer and Arum had meetings, and Floyd said nah he was "retired."

But honestly, most of the excuses have come from Arum. The problem is Arum knows how to handle the media better than Mayweather's team.

So your going too believe all the bull**** that comes out of Pacs mouth? If you going too go by that then in 2009 the fight was made both in there prime. MAYWEATHER signed the contract for 50/50 Pac didn't scared of needles. Fight could have been made last year May 5th but Pac has this super cut that takes 6 months too heal, and the make believe stadium won't be ready in time. EXCUSE AFTER EXCUSE AFTER EXCUSE Pac, knows he isn't getting 50% of the money he knows that period, he preaches this 45% bull**** when Mayweather is on his way too prison.

Pacquiao explained the "phone call" on ESPN's First Take and Pac offered a 55/45 deal and May said he can't do that.

Pacquiao explained the "phone call" on ESPN's First Take and Pac offered a 55/45 deal and May said he can't do that.

why do you keep repeating this?

http://ringtv.craveonline.com/blog/171171-mayweather-and-pacquiao-have-a-telephone-conversation

According to a translation by BoxingScene.com's Ryan Maquinana, who is of Filipino descent, Pacquiao told the Filipino TV network ABS-CBN that his conversation with Mayweather "went OK, the talk about the negotiation proceeds forward."

"I said that the 50-50 was approved and there’s no problem," said Pacquiao. "Anytime. It’s in your hands. We’ll just wait if it’s OK with you."

Because Pacquiao said it on National TV. I saw the interview. And nobody from Floyd to Golden Boy came out and refuted anything he said.

so there are quotes from Manny saying one thing, and then he says something else in the media.

People, this IS what im talking about. :ols:

Manny can say whatever he wants and everyone allows it. Floyd says one thing, and its different. :ols:

so there are quotes from Manny saying one thing, and then he says something else in the media.

People, this IS what im talking about. :ols:

Manny can say whatever he wants and everyone allows it. Floyd says one thing, and its different. :ols:

Well if it wasn't true, if I'm Floyd, I'm calling ESPN and refuting everything he said. He didn't do that.

As for that video you posted, are we really supposed to take a video he posted from a house party with family and friends as an official call out? The "call out" I was refering to was the one with him and 50.

Edited by DM72

Well if it wasn't true, if I'm Floyd, I'm calling ESPN and refuting everything he said. He didn't do that.

we have two separate quotes :ols:

Why do you need Floyd to say it when the damn evidence is in front of YOU??!! YOU!!! The words are right here for YOU to read, and you just dismissed it. :ols;

Floyd dont matter, this is about YOUR reading.

Edited by AsiaticSkinsFan

we have two separate quotes :ols:

Why do you need Floyd to say it when the damn evidence is in front of YOU??!! YOU!!! The words are right here for YOU to read, and you just dismissed it. :ols;

Floyd dont matter, this is about YOUR reading.

All I know if someone lied on me on National TV, I'm gonna defend myself. And you keep on bringing up "QUOTES." Video/audio evidence trumps quotes any day.

Larry Merchant to retire soon

Max Kellerman to take over

http://twitter.com/Ourand_SBJ/statuses/279333236369399809

HBO: "Larry Merchant will end his unprecedented 35-year run as a ringside boxing commentator for HBO Sports...this Saturday night."

Best Merchant moment

picture_1_05.jpg

Floyd threatening he would beat Merchant in his prime :ols:

Edited by ixcuincle

Here's something I think we all can agree with. Boxing returns to network television this Saturday on CBS and next Saturday on NBC.

www.usatoday.com/story/sports/columnist/hiestand-tv/2012/12/11/boxing-nbc-cbs-michael-buffer/1761957/

Doesn't ESPN still do Wednesday/Friday Night Fights during late spring/summer? I used to watch that show every week. Anyways, I'm glad that boxing is going for more exposure on the networks. Even though I don't watch boxing as much as I used to, I am still a fan of the sport, and I think it needs as much air time in the US as possible.

And I am going to miss Larry Merchant, even though I think he probably should've stepped down 5 years ago.

Edited by Mr. Sinister

ESPN 2 still have Friday Night Fights. They had a card last week leading up to the Pac/Marquez fight.

I'm glad boxing is returning to network TV also, but I hope they have some good fights AND fighters. I don't want to see just journeymen fighters or fighters that will never amount to nothing. I want to occasionally see the next big thing. In other words, don't become ESPN 2 Friday Night Fights.

Edited by DM72

this should make you happy DM:

http://www.badlefthook.com/2012/12/13/3764842/floyd-mayweather-vs-canelo-alvarez-close-may-4-next-fight-facebook-quote-boxing-news

Canelo Alvarez said tonight on his official Facebook page that a May 4 fight with Floyd Mayweather is "close," meaning that we could be seeing what is now arguably boxing's biggest-money fight come to life on what has become the biggest fight date in the sport annually.

Mayweather (43-0, 26 KO) recently announced intentions to fight on May 4 and September 14 next year, but it was also no secret that Alvarez (41-0-1 30 KO) and Golden Boy wanted that date for the 22-year-old Mexican phenom, whose popularity has soared over the last couple of years.

Donnaire sent Arce into retirement, lol. I want to see him against Abner Mares or Riggendeaux.

Khan beat up on a souped up lightweight last night in Carlos Molina. Khan probably gained some confidence, but he still has a lot of the same flaws. Molina, despite not having any power, rocked Khan a few times. Khan's handspeed can be so alluring but its wasted on him.

Deontay Wilder dropped a crucial right hook that KO'd Kelvin Price in a HW fight. 26 KOs in his 26 fights is impressive, but he needs to fight someone better.

And Alfredo Angulo vs. Jorge Silva was such a brutal slugfest. When Angulo is ripping his punches, they make me wince, but Silva stood up to him. Showed a lot of heart.

Edited by AsiaticSkinsFan

Donnaire sent Arce into retirement, lol. I want to see him against Abner Mares or Riggendeaux.

Arce was tailor-made to make Donaire look his very best, that was never going to be contest.

Mares fight won't happen because of Top Rank/Golden Boy fued. No excuse for the Rigondeaux fight not to be made, both are Top Rank fighters. That's one of the fights I most want to see in boxing. I think Rigondeaux would give him a serious run.

Deontay Wilder dropped a crucial right hook that KO'd Kelvin Price in a HW fight. 26 KOs in his 26 fights is impressive, but he needs to fight someone better.

He had such a limited amateur career that I'm not exactly mad about how they're moving him along. He's incredibly flawed, but that right hand is special.

And Alfredo Angulo vs. Jorge Silva was such a brutal slugfest. When Angulo is ripping his punches, they make me wince, but Silva stood up to him. Showed a lot of heart.

One of my tweets about that fight made it on the broadcast, I'm big time now. :ols:

Angulo was lucky that boy wasn't a real 154lb'er or a puncher. He hit Angulo clean and hard several times. Angulo is what he is, put him in with somebody who can punch, he likely gets stopped again.

Edited by StillUnknown

One of my tweets about that fight made it on the broadcast, I'm big time now. :ols:

Angulo was lucky that boy wasn't a real 154lb'er or a puncher. He hit Angulo clean and hard several times. Angulo is what he is, put him in with somebody who can punch, he likely gets stopped again.

haha, props.

Yeah, I dont rate Angulo highly at all, but he is such a hard puncher.

Floyd Mayweather vs Robert Guerrero Almost a Done Deal.

www.badlefthook.com/2012/12/22/3794316/floyd-mayweather-vs-robert-guerrero-close-done-may-4-2013-next-fight-showtime-hbo-boxing-news

Not looking foward to this one.

http://www.eastsideboxing.com/2012/saul-alvarez-says-hes-close-to-finalizing-a-fight-with-mayweather-jr/

A lot of speculation but we'll never be 100% sure til Mayweather's side makes an official announcement.

---------- Post added December-26th-2012 at 02:09 PM ----------

http://fighthype.com/news/article13766.html

Edited by T-REX1240

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...