Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

Wow you are really hurt aren't you? Are you Filipino? just curious if so I understand.

I just don't like the stupidity of Floyd fans claiming this proves Floyd would have won without ever getting in the ring with him.

Y'all laughing and gloating as if Floyd won the fight. That's what's pathetic. But I will say this, in a way, Pac got what he deserved. He didn't have to fight him a 4th time no matter how much JMM begged for a rematch. He got his hand raised 2 out of the 3 times they fought.

Edited by DM72

DM, he had to fight him again because it's not like he really even beat him in any convincing manner.

JMM won one IMO, and it was really close on the other two previous to this one.

Pac fans seem to make more excuses. I have always stated, I think May would win that one either way.

Again it comes down to money and matchups...

Let me ask you a serious question. Have you ever laced up a pair a of gloves and boxed before?

relevance?

I just don't like the stupidity of Floyd fans claiming this proves Floyd would have won without ever getting in the ring with him.

Y'all laughing and gloating as if Floyd won the fight. That's what's pathetic. But I will say this, in a way, Pac got what he deserved. He didn't have to fight him a 4th time no matter how much JMM begged for a rematch. He got his hand raised 2 out of the 3 times they fought.

Ive BEEN claiming Floyd would win a fight vs. Manny. Ever since it was proposed, I knew he would win. Why? Because Manny is a reckless fighter who is always open to counterpunchers. He has dominated guys who have a straight forward, rush in style, but has looked shaky against fighters who move a bit and has issues with counterpunchers. Marquez is a great counterpuncher, but Floyd is the best in boxing.

And the gloating isnt as if FLoyd won the fight. The gloating is more about hurt Pac fans like yourself who propped up the guy as a superhero only to see him get punished

DM, he had to fight him again because it's not like he really even beat him in any convincing manner.

JMM won one IMO, and it was really close on the other two previous to this one.

Pac fans seem to make more excuses. I have always stated, I think May would win that one either way.

Again it comes down to money and matchups...

Who cares if you or he (JMM) thought he won any of those fights. Pac got the decisions. And the reason I say this is because it's not like any of those fights were high way robbery, Any one of those fights could have gone either way.

But let me ask everyone this. Considering Floyd did all he could do to tarnish Pac's name with talk that Pac was taking PED's with absolutely no evidence. Is anyone a little suspicious that JMM's strength coach of over a year was a steroid pusher and JMM was noticibly more muscular with much more punching power than he ever had. At 39. How many times was Pacquioa called Pacroid?

Edited by DM72

relevance?

Ive BEEN claiming Floyd would win a fight vs. Manny. Ever since it was proposed, I knew he would win. Why? Because Manny is a reckless fighter who is always open to counterpunchers. He has dominated guys who have a straight forward, rush in style, but has looked shaky against fighters who move a bit and has issues with counterpunchers. Marquez is a great counterpuncher, but Floyd is the best in boxing.

And the gloating isnt as if FLoyd won the fight. The gloating is more about hurt Pac fans like yourself who propped up the guy as a superhero only to see him get punished

Just wondering so I don't have to waste my time debating with a couch boxer who's only knowledge of the sport comes from watching it on TV.

Edited by tone_dubbz

Double post.

---------- Post added December-10th-2012 at 12:25 PM ----------

relevance?

Who propped him up as a superhero? I like him because he's the most exciting fighter in boxing. The same way I liked Felix Trinidad before him. And yes, Marquez and Mayweather are counter punchers, but unlike Mayweather Marquez is much more offensive minded. This fight proves nothing about who would win a Pacquiao/Mayweather fight.

Edited by DM72

Who cares if you or he (JMM) thought he won any of those fights. Pac got the decisions. And the reason I say this is because it's not like any of those fights were high way robbery, Any one of those fights could have gone either way.

But let me ask everyone this. Considering Floyd did all he could do to tarnish Pac's name with talk that Pac was taking PED's with absolutely no evidence. Is anyone a little suspicious that JMM's strength coach of over a year was a steroid pusher and JMM was noticibly more muscular with much more punching power than he ever had. At 39. How many times was Pacquioa called Pacroid?

Lol you guys hit a all new low I tell ya claiming steriods LMAO! Should have requested Olympic style testing but Pacs side is agaisnt it o well i guest we would never no.

Who propped him up as a superhero? I like him because he's the most exciting fighter in boxing. The same way I liked Felix Trinidad before him. And yes, Marquez and Mayweather are counter punchers, but unlike Mayweather Marquez is much more offensive minded. This fight proves nothing about who would win a Pacquiao/Mayweather fight.

I think the majority of Pac fans loved him because he was exciting to watch. No one every said he was unbeatable, his record could have told you that.

Its funny how Mayweather fans are all of sudden boxing experts. They can make all the predictions they want, the only way to find out who would win is for them to fight. That will happen when Floyd grows some ball.

Did Floyd hit a new low when he accused Pacquiao? Dude accomplished something he could never do when he was younger and that is put Pacquiao down not once, but twice? What would any of you say if Pacquiao's strength coach had balco ties? You would say Floyd was justified? If anyone is suspicious of Barry Bonds, how can you not be suspicious of JMM? Bigger shoulders, bigger arms, bigger traps and more power than he ever had before. At the age of 39.

Edited by DM72

Did Floyd hit a new low when he accused Pacquiao? Dude accomplished something he could never do when he was younger and that is put Pacquiao down not once, but twice? What would any of you say if Pacquiao's strength coach had balco ties? You would say Floyd was justified? If anyone is suspicious of Barry Bonds, how can you not be suspicious of JMM? Bigger shoulders, bigger arms, bigger traps and more power than he ever had before. At the age of 39.

Well advanced testing is available one choose not too adopt it too bad. Floyd tried too warn everyone that boxing is filled with PED users you guys laughed and turned the other cheek, now see who's laughing now all sudden Freddie Roach is crying that Marquez is on something and all the PAC fans are doing the same.

I guess you didn't care when this little guy was moving up in weight knocking welterweights out and begging them too hit him in the face, while getting faster.

Well advanced testing is available one choose not too adopt it too bad. Floyd tried too warn everyone that boxing is filled with PED users you guys laughed and turned the other cheek, now see who's laughing now all sudden Freddie Roach is crying that Marquez is on something and all the PAC fans are doing the same.

I guess you didn't care when this little guy was moving up in weight knocking welterweights out and begging them too hit him in the face, while getting faster.

Floyd used PED's testing as a negotiating tactic, nothing more. If he cared about PED's in boxing, he would have started asking for testing as soon as he had the leverage to do so (which would have been every fight after he beat DLH)

Don't act like Floyd is doing what he's doing for the good of boxing.

Let me ask you a serious question. Have you ever laced up a pair a of gloves and boxed before?

These guys know a thing or two about boxing though right...

From the world of the internet boxing media, 23 of the 25 top boxing scribes gave the nod to Mayweather in a poll conducted by boxingnewsworld.com.

Among trainers, Mayweather has firm support from the likes of Ronnie Shields, Buddy McGirt, Teddy Atlas, Robert McCracken, Tony Morgan and Gabriel Sarmiento while Hall of Fame trainer, Emanuel Steward, called the fight a "coin toss."

In the world of active pro fighters, Mayweather gets the nod in the expert opinions of Zab Judah, Juan Manuel Marquez, Carl Froch, Sergio Martinez, Paul Williams, Bernard Hopkins, Ivan Calderon, Marco Antonio Barrera, Timothy Bradley, Antonio Tarver, and Arthur Abraham.

Promoters Don King and Frank Warren see Mayweather conquering Manny.

Among retired legends, Oscar del la Hoya, Mike Tyson, Ricky Hatton, Carlos Palomino, Barry McGuigan, and Israel Vazquez also favor Mayweather. (Continued on Next Page)

Even respected media-types, Larry Merchant, Nick Charles, and Max Kellerman can't pick against Floyd.

Perhaps more telling, though, is the fact that their three common opponents: De la Hoya, Hatton, and Marquez all said that Mayweather was the better fighter of the two.

http://voices.yahoo.com/can-they-all-wrong-50-top-boxing-experts-predict-7702106.html?cat=14

---------- Post added December-10th-2012 at 01:41 PM ----------

Floyd used PED's testing as a negotiating tactic, nothing more. If he cared about PED's in boxing, he would have started asking for testing as soon as he had the leverage to do so (which would have been every fight after he beat DLH)

Don't act like Floyd is doing what he's doing for the good of boxing.

I'm not sure a guy that walks around with a bag full of money so that he can show it off does anything for reasons other than money. If this fight were to happen I would expect that Manny would be asked to take far less money. Mayweather's camp is going to interpret Manny's two losses in a row as giving Floyd the right to make pretty much dictate the terms. I don't see this fight ever happening.

I'm more receptive for their opinion than some anonymous blogger behind a key board.

All the boxers at the academy I train at would echo some of these statements. But fighters have respect for one another, because its violent sports and it take courage to compete.

Half the guys are Floyd supporters, but they didn't trash Pac after her got dropped. Out of respect for a fellow fighter.

That's why I know most of the Floyd supporters on here that are having a field day with clowning Pac never set foot in a ring and have absolutely no experience in the sport.

I'm more receptive for their opinion than some anonymous blogger behind a key board.

All the boxers at the academy I train at would echo some of these statements. But fighters have respect for one another, because its violent sports and it take courage to compete.

Half the guys are Floyd supporters, but they didn't trash Pac after her got dropped. Out of respect for a fellow fighter.

That's why I know most of the Floyd supporters on here that are having a field day with clowning Pac never set foot in a ring and have absolutely no experience in the sport.

I have no issue with any of that. There is likely to be more respect for something when you've been there yourself.

Just wondering so I don't have to waste my time debating with a couch boxer who's only knowledge of the sport comes from watching it on TV.

I have been in gyms and know boxers. I havent boxed myself.

No one has put a gun to your head and told you to stay here and talk. If you dont want to, you can leave.

The irony of this post.... DM72 has accused Marquez of using PEDs.

Also, so did Roach a few weeks ago. You need to get over this loss. You have gone batty.

---------- Post added December-10th-2012 at 02:07 PM ----------

Manny got KTFO.

I have tremendous amount of respect for Manny and what he has done. I am a big fan of his too. The pictures are more to make fun of his fans, not Manny. I have never said a bad word about Manny's heart or status in the sport. He is a complete legend.

What that has to do with this conversation, I have no idea.

Edited by AsiaticSkinsFan

The irony of this post.... DM72 has accused Marquez of using PEDs.

Also, so did Roach a few weeks ago. You need to get over this loss. You have gone batty.

Yes, I do believe JMM was taking something. But why are you Floyd fans so happy Pacquiao lost? Didn't you want to see Pacquiao and Floyd in the ring?

I am not happy that Pacquaio lost. I am happy by how bad Pacquiao fans are taking it.

If Pacquiao fans were rational and reasonable, then nothing would be funny.

No one's taking it bad. He lost and he will be back in April.

This is what Im talking about with the hypocrisy

Arum acknowledged problems with the landscape; with outdated, flawed testing procedures, especially for smaller fights; with no national commission to set policy; and with varied policies among the state commissions.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/10/sports/marquez-pacquiao-result-a-knockout-leaves-much-unanswered.html?smid=fb-share

if thats the case, why not do a USADA testing like Floyd requested? :ols:

No one's taking it bad. He lost and he will be back in April.

DM and friends should be on suicide watch. PAC turned the other cheek and got his chin clocked by running away for drug testing. PAC should have took the 40 million he will be lucky too get half that.

Marquez got off the pissy drinks and moved on too bigger and better things power pellets.

DM and friends should be on suicide watch. PAC turned the other cheek and got his chin clocked by running away for drug testing. PAC should have took the 40 million he will be lucky too get half that.

Marquez got off the pissy drinks and moved on too bigger and better things power pellets.

$40 million was a lowball offer. If you think Pacquiao was ever gonna agree to a flat rate without any PPV revenue, you're crazy.

Yes, I do believe JMM was taking something. But why are you Floyd fans so happy Pacquiao lost? Didn't you want to see Pacquiao and Floyd in the ring?

I think he was on something to but I went back and looked at some pictures of both Pacquiao and JMM they both have gained alot of muscle in the last couple of years. So I guess Pacquiao complaining about PEDS would be like the pot calling the kettle black. A big percentage of the guys in professional sports are cheaters anyway.