Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

Per ESPN:

Pacman vs. Marquez IV

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/8371273/manny-pacquiao-headed-fourth-showdown-juan-manuel-marquez

Me personally, I would rather watch Bradley II or Cotto II.

But Marquez has been giving Pac so much trouble. His footwork to keep Pac on the inside and keeping him in firing range of the right hand is whats been giving him success, a long with his counter punching obviously.

Anyway, I'm still going to watch it. Just not that excited as I should be.

Should be a good nite for boxing fans. Sergio Martinez vs Julio Chavez Jr. on PPV and Saul "Canelo" Alvarez vs Joselito Lopez on Showtime. Lots of anger and trash talking between Sergio and Jr. Can't wait for that main event. Especially after watching HBO's 24/7 and the way Jr was disrespecting Freddie Roach. Jr better bring his "A" game, because Sergio will come to fight.

Alvarez at 154 lbs is fighting Lopez, a true junior welterweight (140 lbs) for the 154 lbs junior middleweight title. That's just crazy. Canelo needs to fight true fighters in his weight class and stop being pampered. Love Lopez for stepping up. He's game, but I think he will be outmatched.

My wishes are for Martinez to KO Chavez in 8 and for Lopez to get a win or KO against Alvarez.

Predictions: Martinez via UD over Chavez and Alvarez via TKO in 10

I'm almost certain Chavez will be doped up to the max, but Martinez is on a different planet compared to the fighters he's used to fighting.

I thought I was the only one that noticed this. I'd say ever since he joined Freddie Roach it seems like he's "gained" power. He was extremely skinny during the weigh in and immediately drinking the protein shakes after the weigh in.

On a side note, Showtime's fight line up tonight has been stellar thus far (into the Ponce De Leon fight)

I feel Sergio is the better boxer, fighter etc....but he is near 40 and Chavez is the naturally bigger fighter. Not to mention there is no way in hell Sergio gets a decision on a close fight. A lot of experts feel that if Chavez wins this fight it will give him the credibility he has been in search of....expect shenanigans if the fight is close.

Oh and Pac/Marquez 4,,,,,,Marquez deserves it no doubt, but at this point I almost ask WHY? The judges won't give Marquez a decision and Marquez won't brawl enough to go for the KO in risk of getting himself KO'd etc etc.....the only hope I have is that since Pac doesn't have that belt anymore, maybe the judges will go against him in a close decision fight? Maybe? Naaaah.

I really dont like Chavez because he is a spoiled brat. But he will come in at 180-185 for this fight

he looked sickly yesterday because he cut weight really fast.

---------- Post added September-15th-2012 at 11:17 PM ----------

that Lopez/Canelo fight could be dope too, just t see if Lopez can get Canelo into the later rounds where we know canelo will fade.

Maidana/Soto Karass is my FOTY.

Nothing as classy as a fighter who outweighs his opponent by 20 or so pounds clowning his opponent for not "hurting" him. Good on you, JCC Jr... ugh

---------- Post added September-16th-2012 at 03:48 AM ----------

JCC Jr. is getting clowned at the moment. If he wasn't so much goddamn bigger he might have been dropped once by now.

If JCC Jr. doesn't make this fight more competitive quick, I think his dad is going to tear off his tux and get in the ring himself. He keeps jumping out of his seat during the rounds to chastise the trainers, haha....Yes JCC, cause I'm sure Freddie Roach doesn't know what he's talking about, mmhmm, right.

it wont happen because it wouldnt be a good fight for Canelo

Floyd/Sergio needs to happen

Floyd isn't about to fight Martinez. He MIGHT fight someone like Berto.

PS: Harrold Lederman RIPPED JCC Jr. He praised his dad for being strong with a killer instinct while calling Jr WEAK.

Wow, what a 12th round JCC Jr. woke up, fought the way he probably should have fought the entire fight, being the bigger fighter by a large margin.

Sergio Martinez survives two knockdowns.....better be the winner!

Sergio chose to fight his way out of trouble, could have easily duck and run in the final run to preserve a shutout.

Wow.