Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

Are you suggesting that Lederman thought the fight was fixed before the start now ?

I know what I saw "TWICE" also. And the fight was close.

Again, Bradley may have got hit a few times but he fought back and it didn't stop him, to the point he actually dominated the late rounds.

Sick, I am certainly not a professional, but I have been watching fights since the 70's (many older fights on film too) and at this point it's a wash. Fight is over and Bradley won. I see it as a one round difference, perhaps even a tie. But while watching I got 7-5 Pac.

Side Note: Your compubox and Lederman references don't make your point any better.

Edited by Kosher Ham

Compubox tells you who threw and landed the most punches. Ho does that not make my point? Pacquiao landed almost 90 more power shots. Pacquiao connected on a much better percentage.

Plus Bradley stated, "I have to go and watch the tape to see if I really won." And apparently admitted defeat to Bob Arum.

Power shots that had no effect.

That says it all.

They didn't? Bradley was shaken at least two times. And Bradley DOES have a good chin and good foot work which kept him from getting KOed.

And Bradley came back swinging. No effect... if you are winning by your account at least 2 of the last 3 rounds.

You are beating a dead horse here. We all agree that Pac should have won, but he didn't...get over it. It's not changing.

I'm not even the least disappointed because Pacquiao did win the fight, he just didn't get the decision and in my opinion, didn't lose an ounce of luster. But I'm not trying to hear that it was a close fight because it wasn't. Too many people (me included) who saw the fight says Pacquiao easily won this fight.

Edited by DM72

If Victor Ortiz wins later this month, he could be in line to face the Canelo Alvarez in September. Interesting

Yet the people paid to judge the fight ...across the board saw the fight only one round different.

He was not robbed. He lost a close fight that he probably should have won.

Does that make you feel better ?

The fight was close. It was not robbery or a blow-out. That's not robbery or dominance.

Pac should have dominated. He didn't.

precisely my feeling. It was a very close fight and I feel both guys missed a lot, hence why Im throwing question on those compubox figures.

This is what recent Pacquiao opponents have looked like after Manny connects on around 40% of his power punches

4108509916_afd11ec5a6.jpg

antonio-margarito-eye.gif

This is Bradley post fight

Bradley_Pacquiao_120609_001a.jpg

not the best comparison, but Pacquiao can really hurt guys when connecting. He didnt here.

They didn't? Bradley was shaken at least two times. And Bradley DOES have a good chin and good foot work which kept him from getting KOed.

the one time Bradley was "shaken" was when he rolled his ankle.

I bet the other time was also when his ankle and apparently broken foot was bothering him and he lost balance.

After 12th rd, but before the judges scores were announced, odds in Vegas were 200 to 1 on Bradley winning decision over Pacquiao.

In other words, Vegas knew the fix was in.

did you check the odds before the scores were announced in the Margarito fight? Or Clottey?

I bet they were similar.

---------- Post added June-11th-2012 at 07:06 PM ----------

Compubox is human operated, so it isn't without flaw. It shouldn't be the end all be all for "power punches" IMO

its two guys who tap a button to say where the punch connected. they focus solely on both fighters. Its a great tool, but like you said its not end all be all and they have been biased in the past.

It's totally amazing that virtually every ex and current boxer, boxing trainers, boxing jounalist and practically everybody who saw the fight had Pacquiao easily winning a decision and so far, the only people I know that had Bradley winning were the judges?

From what I heard, a ton of late money was being put on Bradley. Pacquiao went from a 4-1 favorite to an underdog. Interesting.

Edited by DM72

Serious question: Was there a single respected boxer or "boxing expert" who thought Bradley won that fight?

FWIW, anyone suggesting the HBO crew was pro-Pacquiao or biased in his favor wasn't watching/listening to the broadcast. Before the fight, both Kellerman and Steward were pushing Bradley hard, claiming he was more dangerous than people thought. It was Pacquiao's performance that turned them.

Serious question: Was there a single respected boxer or "boxing expert" who thought Bradley won that fight?

FWIW, anyone suggesting the HBO crew was pro-Pacquiao or biased in his favor wasn't watching/listening to the broadcast. Before the fight, both Kellerman and Steward were pushing Bradley hard, claiming he was more dangerous than people thought. It was Pacquiao's performance that turned them.

I haven't seen one.

Kellerman & Steward are the sane ones, its that Lampley character that's terrible. He talks the most so I guess most start to attribute his ramblings to his partners in crime.

Edited by StillUnknown

I haven't seen one.

Kellerman & Steward are the sane ones, its that Lampley character that's terrible. He talks the most so I guess most start to attribute his ramblings to his partners in crime.

Brian Kenny scored it 118-112 Bradley LOL that's crazy right there

It's not the "HBO telecast" that is über-pro PAC, it's Jim Lampley, and he's pretty shameless about it. The Bradley fight is not the best example, go watch PAC/JMM 3 and try and get a hold of the British telecast and compare it to Lampley slobbering all over himself anytime PAC connects with a punch.