Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

Wlad doesn't get pissed off. He's fought like an enormous vagina his last few times out, and I expect that trend will continue on Saturday. On paper Wlad probably should knock him out, but I really would not be surprised if this is the toughest fight he has since the Sam Peter fight. I'm saying it right now, if Wlad fights in the passive way where he does not throw the right hand at all he will be pushed to the limits. That left jab will not be enough to keep Tony off him, and even though Tony is not a KO artist anything can happen when you touch Wlad's chin. Tony has the size and skills to pull this off, but it's gonna take the fight of his life.

. He was manny pacquiao before Pacquiao.

actually he wasn't.....these fighters started getting big at the same time. Difference is....Pacquiao has fought more impressive opposition.....he doesn't duck anyone.

Mayweather has the skills to be one of the best pound for pound fighters ever....but we all know (whether you want to admit it or not) Mayweather wants no piece of Cotto or Mosley!

actually he wasn't.....these fighters started getting big at the same time. Difference is....Pacquiao has fought more impressive opposition.....he doesn't duck anyone.

Mayweather has the skills to be one of the best pound for pound fighters ever....but we all know (whether you want to admit it or not) Mayweather wants no piece of Cotto or Mosley!

i would have no problem admitting it if i believed it were true.

Mayweather didn't duck anyone at 130 or 135 either. Pacquiao came into 130 when it was more top heavy, but when Mayweather was at 130 & 135 he fought the top names of the time. hell you could make a strong argument that mayweather is the best 130lbs ever

i would have no problem admitting it if i believed it were true.

Mayweather didn't duck anyone at 130 or 135 either. Pacquiao came into 130 when it was more top heavy, but when Mayweather was at 130 & 135 he fought the top names of the time. hell you could make a strong argument that mayweather is the best 130lbs ever

I just don't think the fighters were at a high enough calibar in those weight classes to crown Floyd "the king"

no doubt he was a great boxer....but he wasn't tested nearly enough to be called the king of the sport

he finally had a chance to become a king and wouldn't fight cotto/margarito/mosley/williams

I just don't think the fighters were at a high enough calibar in those weight classes to crown Floyd "the king"

no doubt he was a great boxer....but he wasn't tested nearly enough to be called the king of the sport

he finally had a chance to become a king and wouldn't fight cotto/margarito/mosley/williams

i'm not too upset about the term. personally i have Floyd as the best boxer of his generation. he may not have been tested fully at WW, but he was certainly tested at other weight classes, this is why i think people call him "the king", its not so much based on body of work at WW, but rather is reflective of his career accomplishments.

he'll probably go down as top 30 fighter of all time imo, and one of the three best defensive fighters.

i'm not too upset about the term. personally i have Floyd as the best boxer of his generation. he may not have been tested fully at WW, but he was certainly tested at other weight classes, this is why i think people call him "the king", its not so much based on body of work at WW, but rather is reflective of his career accomplishments.

he'll probably go down as top 30 fighter of all time imo, and one of the three best defensive fighters.

great boxer....still not a king, still a ***** ***** for not fighting the other champs in the welterweight division

Wlad doesn't get pissed off. He's fought like an enormous vagina his last few times out, and I expect that trend will continue on Saturday. On paper Wlad probably should knock him out, but I really would not be surprised if this is the toughest fight he has since the Sam Peter fight. I'm saying it right now, if Wlad fights in the passive way where he does not throw the right hand at all he will be pushed to the limits. That left jab will not be enough to keep Tony off him, and even though Tony is not a KO artist anything can happen when you touch Wlad's chin. Tony has the size and skills to pull this off, but it's gonna take the fight of his life.

Wlad's chin is suspect, I cannot argue that but I don't think Thompson has ever had to take a punch like Klitschko's or ever faced a man his size with that much athleticism.

Who thinks there should be a "Super Heavyweight" divsion?
I think there are already enough weight classes
My idea: cut the 17 weight classes to 9 as follows:

221 and above: super-heavyweight

201-220: heavyweight

186-200: junior-heavyweight

171-185: super-middleweight

156-170: middleweight

141-155: junior-middleweight

126-140: super-lightweight

111-125: lightweight

110: junior-lightweight

This cuts the amount of weight classes in half, makes the classes easier to remember (only 3, with junior, regular, and super), and has less-arbitrary weight limits (15 lbs cutoff).

This cuts the amount of weight classes in half, makes the classes easier to remember (only 3, with junior, regular, and super), and has less-arbitrary weight limits (15 lbs cutoff).

not a bad idea....I personally like the way it is already set up...I know I'm alone on that....just what I like. I do with they would have more undisputed titles though! You have the Ring Magazine championship....but I don't always agree with it. WBC seems to have the most legit champs to me.

going on your weight class idea...I'd rename them

flyweight

featherweight

lightweight

welterweight

jr. middle weight

middleweight

super middleweight

cruiserweight

heavyweight

not that it matters....I thin the heavyweight division should always be the highest weight....I'm not a big fan of the term super heavyweight......although I do have a super middlewieght in mine

you absolutely can't get rid of the "welterweight" class....that has always been my favorite weight class! I also like "featherweight!'

I feel this definitely thinking in the right direction...just wonder if the 14lb gap is doable...I remember when Gatti used to make weight...rehydrate and come into the fight 15-20lbs heavier than his opponent...then procede to crush them

I just think these 6'6" 270lb guys are ruining the heavyweight division...they're just big, no particular standout skills...just big......I just wonder how guys like Chad Dawson, Chris Byrd, Roy, Rahman...would fair if they didn't have to eventually tangle with the "giants" :2cents:

I gotta favor Jones in this matchup after his victory over Trinidad. Unanimous decision.

I wouldn't judge jones in this fight by referring to the Trinidad victory. Trinidad is a completely different fighter than Jones.

I expect Roy to go after Joe....if Roy fights his fight...he will win.

If Roy holds back and doesn't let his hands go, Joe wins.

I'll actually be rooting for Roy Jones in this one (be a first for me)

Judah is far from a bum...He has a big fight against Joshua Clottey on August 2nd and may very well get the DLH fight if he wins...Also, you have to admit that Cotto two ridiculous low blows took something out of Zab... But yea, I agree, Judah cant stay focused for 12 rounds and Money May has excellent focus and boxing IQ...

This fight is tough to call. Jones has nothing to lose yet IMO still fights not to lose which will spell disaster for him against Calzaghe. If Jones sets the tone and gets after Calzaghe early, the way Hopkins should have, then Jones will win in a decision. Don't expect a knockout in this fight because it won't happen.

So rumor is if Wlad beats Tiger he may face the moved-up-to-heavyweight David Haye.

is David Haye gonna have tune-up fight first?

i'm a big David Haye fan, but he's been dropped a couple of times by people who don't hit nearly as hard as Wlad. if he steps in untested at HW against Wlad, it could be a very short night for Haye