Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

I agree **** Ortiz he is the reason this fight ended like it did! the fight was looking good, IMO Mayweather won every round but Ortiz was doing his best and was making it very competative. Then he turned in too the weak hearted punk with the headbutts and then the worst in HISTORY! not the damage but he clearly launched himself like I have never seen that before. Then he topped it off with 2 punches after that 1 behind the head. Then he goes for the hug and kiss which he successfully pulled off and followed that up with 2 more apologies before getting KTFO.

Shocking news out of Amsterdam today, one of the top kickboxers in the world Badr Hari announced he will be retiring from kickboxing to pursue a boxing career in the United States. I'm interested in hearing SU's thoughts on this.

http://www.itsshowtime.nl/index.php?p=news&id=125

PRESS RELEASE

Badr Hari retires from kickboxing and will be heading to the US for a boxing career.

Badr Hari has decided to retire from kickboxing to start a new career as a boxer. On January 28, 2012, Badr Hari will fight his last kickboxing match on the IT’S SHOWTIME event in WTC Expo in Leeuwarden, The Netherlands. After this fight, he will go to the United Stated to fully work on his boxing career.

This announcement will be a shock to the millions of kickboxing fans all around the world, but the sport of boxing will welcome and embrace this charismatic fighter.

In the U.S., many see Badr Hari as the man to relaunch the popularity of boxing, and he’s being seen as a mix of Muhammad Ali and Mike Tyson.

Badr doesn’t just want to say goodbye to kickboxing and therefore he has chosen Gökhan Saki as his last opponent in kickboxing. Many millions of fans of combat sports have been waiting for this fight for years, and now they have the opportunity to see it.

If K-1 will host a World Grand Prix this year, Badr will also participate to that. The Grand Prix Final is scheduled for December 10 in China. If this World Grand Prix will take place, depends if K-1 will be able to pay its debts to IT’S SHOWTIME and others. If not, the fight on January 28 will be Badr’s only remaining fight as a kickboxer.

An amazing combat sports arena will be built in the WTC Expo venue in Leeuwarden, in which all spectators have the feeling they are in the ring themselves. Unfortunately, only 5000 people can watch this event live in the venue.

The presale starts October 15, and only on this day, the € 125 tickets will be available for € 100.

Here is a highlight video for those unfamiliar with him.

As pathetic as the current crop of HW's are, Hari might be able to find some level of success. Then again, his crazy ass could get disqualified 3 fights into his boxing career :ols:

It really depends on how they match him. There are some club fighters impersonating professional boxers in the HW division so he should be able to take his time and get used to the specifics of boxing. If he carries over his aggressive and violent style, he probably won't log many rounds, so he'll really have to be dedicated in the gym to crafting his technique to fit boxing specifically.

I doubt he ever faces anyone with a name, but if they manage him right, he should be able to make some quick money, particularly overseas where HW boxing is still somewhat of an attraction.

According to a tweet by ESPN.com Boxing Writer Dan Rafael, Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer says the December 10th championship bout between WBA Junior Welterweight titleholder Amir Khan and mandatory challenger Lamont Peterson will "definitely take place in Washington, DC."

No official word on where the bout will be held in the city, although Constitution Hall has been mentioned previously. There can also be a possibility that Golden Boy may be watching what might happen with the NBA labor situation, because having no season could free up dates at the Verizon Center.

Lem Satterfield of Ringtv.com is also reporting Schaefer as saying that undefeated Brandywine, MD heavyweight and Golden Boy prospect Seth "Mayhem" Mitchell will "definitely be on the card."

To all who contacted Golden Boy Promotions -- thanks so much for your efforts! Next step: getting our very own ring announcer Discombobulating Jones to be the ring announcer for this event!!

By the way, the bout is slated to be televised by HBO which is very significant. The bout would be the first time that HBO has televised a boxing card in the Beltway region in 18 years!! The last time was the Riddick Bowe-Jesse Ferguson card at RFK Stadium on May 22, 1993.

:jump::jump::jump:

http://www.fighthype.com/pages/content10887.html?PHPSESSID=11a0d1f71d1d5b7ccce2f38b2f0b3b09

Alfredo Angulo vs James Kirkland on November 5th. Should be a great action fight for as long as it lasts. :D

Angulo's the better boxer of the two, and his defense isn't quite as leaky as Kirkland's. I'm rooting for Kirkland, but I think Angulo puts him out early to mid rounds. Good fight though.

Angulo's the better boxer of the two, and his defense isn't quite as leaky as Kirkland's. I'm rooting for Kirkland, but I think Angulo puts him out early to mid rounds. Good fight though.

I agree Angulo will probably get the KO on Kirkland. Especially, after Kirkland got KO'ed by light hitting Ishida. Kirkland has a good offense, but his defense sucks. Unlike Kirkland, Angulo has a great chin and but neither of them have good defensive skills. Should be a great toe-to-toe war for a few rounds. I got Angulo in 8 (TKO).

Andy Lee looks vastly improved since I had last seen him earlier in the year. He says he'd like to fight Martinez, that I believe would be quite a mismatch. Sergio is simply too fast for him and would destroy him since he stands so tall (too easy to hit).

Good fight though and an A+ performance by Lee dominating Vera.

Next ....Martinez to make quick work of Barker.

---------- Post added October-1st-2011 at 11:43 PM ----------

Barker impressive through the first 6, not winning but making it a fight.

Should be interesting if it goes late in the fight just to see how Martinez continues to fight.

Fake knock out!!!

Sergio is a bum! He gets all this hype for beating a overrated Paul Williams. He keeps trying too cash in with fights with way smaller guys Mayweather and PAC, they keep saying people scared too fight him but he gets challenged by guys that weigh 4 more pounds then him and he says that's too much wieght.

PAC knocks this guy out and Floyd Gattis him. He was getting out boxed tonight but the announcers were all on his jock.

The KO did seem odd, watching the reply he did take the shot on/behind the ear which would of certainly caused him to lose equilibrium.

As for Sergio being a bum.....c'mon man that's like calling Floyd a bum, nearly the exact same meaning. They both want to fight competition that is below them rather than equal but realistically they both are good solid fighters if not the best in their weight class. You can call him a coward and I'm cool with it but a bum....no not really.

The guy is 48-2-2, he's beaten PW (twice really), Pavlik & Cintron (counts as a loss but should of been a draw at worst)

I do agree he should not call out smaller guys nor should he go up to fight bigger guys, he's 36 which is pretty much end of a boxing career so there is no reason for a weight gain or loss, he's at his optimal weight and should clean up his division. That's about it

He split with Paul Williams the first fight good fight second fight he landed a shot that he threw with his eyes close. This guys defense is a joke he blocks jabs with his face I mean straight eats them. He is not a bum but not a world beater either and I needs too be out the top 5 pound for pound rankings. Citron is a bum, Pavlik is a drunk and Paul Williams is good but that's it. I think Paul Williams was killing himself jumping from 147, 154, and 160 and that caught up with him in that fight. Margo whooped Sergio and he was always overrated also.

PAC goes up in weight and does work,I think a little suspicious but t is what it is. The guy has been moving up and fighting some of the best.

Floyd dominate from 126 all the way too 140 has been moving up fighting guys and making them look stupid.

Sergio comes in last night at 170!! But says he can't figt above 160 cause it's too much weight he would rather come down and fight the little guys. Why fight this guy? No one knows him he brings ZERO too the table has no name or no country. He keeps saying no one wants too fight him but no one at 168 have a problem with the fighting him. Bute has been begging this guy for a fight and nothing, Hopkins said he would go down too 170 and maybe a little more but he says no.

Edited by SiCkSoULjA

I'm not impressed at all with Sergio Martinez. He'll get destroyed by any good fighter 160lbs and up.

He went up to 160 because nobody would fight at him 154. He's too small to compete with the best at 168 and he's already beat the top 2 at 160 in Pavlik & Williams. Not sure what more you want him to do.

Cotto and Dawson will lose both of their fights because they are separated from a great manager in Steward. Steward is one of the great trainers and students of the game, and they'll both suffer the consequences of his absence. I'm a big fan of both but they are crazy to let him go.

Cotto story

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/7059152/miguel-cotto-replaces-trainer-emanuel-steward

Dawson

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/6963678/chad-dawson-replaces-emanuel-steward-trainer-john-scully

:helmet:

Edited by C26 Run

Cotto and Dawson will lose both of their fights because they are separated from a great manager in Steward. Steward is one of the great trainers and students of the game, and they'll both suffer the consequences of his absence. I'm a big fan of both but they are crazy to let him go.

Cotto story

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/7059152/miguel-cotto-replaces-trainer-emanuel-steward

Dawson

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/6963678/chad-dawson-replaces-emanuel-steward-trainer-john-scully

They may lose, but it won't be because they switched trainers, particularly Dawson who has gone through a few trainers already. Steward is a great trainer, but I think his best training days are well behind him. He's more of a mercenary trainer riding who he thinks is a hot hand nowadays, he hasn't raised a fighter from the bottom up in a quite a while (his Andy Lee experiment failed).

They may lose, but it won't be because they switched trainers, particularly Dawson who has gone through a few trainers already. Steward is a great trainer, but I think his best training days are well behind him. He's more of a mercenary trainer riding who he thinks is a hot hand nowadays, he hasn't raised a fighter from the bottom up in a quite a while (his Andy Lee experiment failed).

Agreed but Lee failed himself, that wasn't all Steward. Cotto was always a great fighter but until Steward taught him footwork, he was nothing more than a statue that punch really hard and pick you apart.

I also agree about Dawson, that's his biggest problem. The switching of trainers has always been a detriment to many boxers. One of the reasons Floyd has remained undefeated is his trainer, Roger.

Nope. Bernard Hopkins is a student of the game. He knows what he needs to do to win fights. He usually starts slow, but he tries to finish well. He outsmarts a lot of his competition, plus he has a lot of old school dirty tricks that he can get away with. He frustrates his opponents and they lose focus, while he doesn't. Doesn't help that he stays in tip-top shape. If he were 10 years younger, he would really put a hurting on Dawson. I think he'll get the decision. I really hope it's a good fight, cause Dawson doesn't always bring his "A" game and who knows when Bernard will really fade due to age.