Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

Pacquiao is 1-0-1 vs Marquez:ols:

Laugh at yourself I see you didn't see the fights.

---------- Post added September-18th-2011 at 07:00 AM ----------

Anyone that truly believes Floyd would destroy Pac, doesn't know boxing.

PAC has a punchers chance that's it your statement is backwards learn boxing then come back and post.

Mayweather is one of the greatest defensive fighters of all time on top of that his is counter punching is arguably one of the greatest of all time. Floyd is not the smartest person outside the ring but inside the ring he's Albert Einstien, he's able too adjust too any style and usually dominate after the 3rd round on.

PAC is so flawed its amazing but he gives you angles and have power with great speed. That's not enough too beat Mayweather, He would get countered too death. PAC whoops ass but he gets too much credit for fighting beatin fighters. He wanted no part of Cotto until he got beat up by Margos bricks, he wanted no part of Shane untill mayeather dominated him, hatton was a beatin man Mayweather took the fight out of him. he beat a drained DeLaHoya and we not even going too talk about that cheater margo or turtle shell Clottey.

PAC is exciting but great for the sport if the fight was too happen he would be a under dog.

Edited by SiCkSoULjA

Wow. After seeing the headbutt and the end of the fight, I'm inclined to side with Mayweather for the first time ever. I also don't think Ortiz was really hurt bad enough by those two last shots to be unable to fight on. That's right, I'm saying he quit. He took an easy way out. I think he was relieved to have an opportunity to call it a night. Victor was frustrated and possibly scared of what was to come for the rest of the night. I mean come on... "It happens."??? Really, Victor? Really? You're a little too happy it's over.

(Correct me if I'm wrong, but this wasn't Victor's first "friendly back-out" in a pro fight? No?)

I still hate PBFM.

Wow. After seeing the headbutt and the end of the fight, I'm inclined to side with Mayweather for the first time ever. I also don't think Ortiz was really hurt bad enough by those two last shots to be unable to fight on. That's right, I'm saying he quit. He took an easy way out. I think he was relieved to have an opportunity to call it a night. Victor was frustrated and possibly scared of what was to come for the rest of the night. I mean come on... "It happens."??? Really, Victor? Really? You're a little too happy it's over.

(Correct me if I'm wrong, but this wasn't Victor's first "friendly back-out" in a pro fight? No?)

I still hate PBFM.

I agree with everything you said. Ortiz deserved to be knocked out in the fashion he did. I don't like Floyd, but he was right to do what he did.

But I can't wait to see Pac beat his tail.

---------- Post added September-18th-2011 at 09:06 AM ----------

Pac would be destroyed hes going to get countered ALL NIGHT! Marquez whooped him twice WHO is a excellent counter puncher but half the fighter Mayweather is.

---------- Post added September-18th-2011 at 02:17 AM ----------

Merchant my bad but he hates Floyd too

If it would be such an easy fight, then why hasn't Mayweather fought him yet? I'm gonna tell everybody, if Pac easilly beat Marquez, Floyd will find another excuse not to fight him. Whenever Pac name comes up, it's either "Pac needs to take the test" or "Floyd has legal issues" or "Roger Mayweather has legal issues." Where was all these problems with this fight?

PS: I believe Floyd and 50 are on the D.L. and I don't mean disabled list.

Edited by DM72

I cant believe so many people are against Mayweather after what happened. The rules of the ring are very clear the ref even said post fight that Mayweather did nothing illegal.

I'm not against Mayweather... it's the ref that really messed up and that shouldn't be ignored because people like or dislike Mayweather. That ref should never be allowed in a boxing ring again.

I'm not against Mayweather... it's the ref that really messed up and that shouldn't be ignored because people like or dislike Mayweather. That ref should never be allowed in a boxing ring again.

I Agree. I thought Joe Cortez was "fair and Firm." He was neither last night.

So, the greatest boxer in the world had to land a legal cheap shot to win his fight. This truly adds to his legacy.

Of being the more experienced fighter, who took a headbutt minutes before, and laid out a young punk who was getting frustrated because he couldnt whip Floyd like he thought he could? Yeah, sure.

The rules are clear. What none of the highlights show, and if you didnt watch the fight live you wouldnt know, is that not just seconds before that, Ortiz came up to Floyd TWICE to apologize. How many times are you going to say youre sorry in a fight? Mayweather openly accepted his first hug, openly accepted his glove touch a 2nd time...and accepted it a THIRD time. After the third damn time of touching up, you'd think the guy would put his hands up to fight, standing in the middle of the ring with one of the best fighters ever in a live match? Nope. And Floyd showed him why it's important he show some more respect.

To say that his legacy is affected in any way is almost as ridiculous as all the "he's ducking manny" comments. Very simple. Take the tests and I'll fight you. Now Manny has accepted, however I fear that before his November fight with Marquez a window will open for Floyd to accept Ortiz' rematch offer and we'll have to wait for ANOTHER round of fights before it happens.

It's all about money with Floyd....could he accept Pac's fight now for May and make $75M? Sure. But why not fight Ortiz again, make $50M, then fight Pac in 18 months for $100M and double up? More risk sure, but more money. That's how the guy thinks, it's beyond the sport and "showing everyone i'm the best". So i can understand why some purists hate him. But love him or hate him, that's the way the guy thinks. And to the folks who think he's scared...honestly I think it's just the opposite. He is so confident he can beat Manny that he wants to maximize the payout and knows after Manny, how will he ever make the same kind of cash? I'm sure he also thinks at 34, 35, 36, or 37, he'll still beat Manny any way you slice it. True or not who knows, but you have to understand that's what motivates the guy, it's not about just boxing anymore.

Edited by da#1skinsfan

To say that his legacy is affected in any way is almost as ridiculous as all the "he's ducking manny" comments. Very simple. Take the tests and I'll fight you. Now Manny has accepted, however I fear that before his November fight with Marquez a window will open for Floyd to accept Ortiz' rematch offer and we'll have to wait for ANOTHER round of fights before it happens.

It's all about money with Floyd....could he accept Pac's fight now for May and make $75M? Sure. But why not fight Ortiz again, make $50M, then fight Pac in 18 months for $100M and double up? More risk sure, but more money. That's how the guy thinks, it's beyond the sport and "showing everyone i'm the best". So i can understand why some purists hate him. But love him or hate him, that's the way the guy thinks. And to the folks who think he's scared...honestly I think it's just the opposite. He is so confident he can beat Manny that he wants to maximize the payout and knows after Manny, how will he ever make the same kind of cash? I'm sure he also thinks at 34, 35, 36, or 37, he'll still beat Manny any way you slice it. True or not who knows, but you have to understand that's what motivates the guy, it's not about just boxing anymore.

He is ducking Manny and anyone who doesn't see that is a moron. What Mayweather is waiting for is for either Manny to finally lose or for him to get old. Keep telling yourself it's about money. Manny/Pac has been THE fight for about 2 years now and they will not make anymore money in 18 months than they'll make now.

Simmer down player, I guess everyone who doesnt have a manny tee-shirt in the basement closet of their moms house is a moron. You really dont think the hype for Manny/Floyd is more now, and growing with every fight, than it was 2 years ago?

Floyd has erased every single thing said about him with the Hatton fight, Mosely fight, Ortiz, etc. He never fights anyone with a knockout punch. He ducks southpaws. He fights guys past their prime. On and on and on and on. And he keeps winning. And people keep hating him more.

Perfect example - my girlfriend saw the replay and said "wow.....even I may watch when he fights that other guy"

Case in point. Floyd knows what he's doing. The last 2 years was NOT the most lucrative time to fight Manny, and unfortunately for the fans, I'm not so sure 2012 is the right time either.

He is literally collecting attention, collecting haters, growing the market for boxing, and preparing for the most lucrative fight in history.

They can both make more money.

No doubt. Manny declining the tests = more hype & questions surrounding the biggest fight in years. None of them are stupid. It's all about money.

Manny's win over Marquez will again be a $ multiplier...and his loss won't have any effect on the Mayweather fight. These guys have it all down. Low risk high reward.

Edited by da#1skinsfan

He is ducking Manny and anyone who doesn't see that is a moron. What Mayweather is waiting for is for either Manny to finally lose or for him to get old. Keep telling yourself it's about money. Manny/Pac has been THE fight for about 2 years now and they will not make anymore money in 18 months than they'll make now.

We get it, you hate him. You probably hate him more now than you did two years ago, and you can't wait to see him get beat, and you'll probably pay good cash to see it. More reason to suspect that he knows just what he's doing.

Back in his day, Muhammad Ali wasn't real popular, either. Like the pro wrestler Gorgeous George, after whom he modelled himself, he was brash and arrogant, and the majority wanted to see him get KO'd, and he took that animosity to the bank, again and again.

People don't sem to remember this anymore, but you can bet Floyd knows.

We get it, you hate him. You probably hate him more now than you did two years ago, and you can't wait to see him get beat, and you'll probably pay good cash to see it. More reason to suspect that he knows just what he's doing.

Back in his day, Muhammad Ali wasn't real popular, either. Like the pro wrestler Gorgeous George, after whom he modelled himself, he was brash and arrogant, and the majority wanted to see him get KO'd, and he took that animosity to the bank, again and again.

People don't sem to remember this anymore, but you can bet Floyd knows.

Floyd is playing you guys like a drum. What if he or Manny loses? Then what? Say what you will, but dude is scared. The proof is there. And please spare the Ali comparisons. Ali took on all challengers.

Of being the more experienced fighter, who took a headbutt minutes before, and laid out a young punk who was getting frustrated because he couldnt whip Floyd like he thought he could? Yeah, sure.

The rules are clear. What none of the highlights show, and if you didnt watch the fight live you wouldnt know, is that not just seconds before that, Ortiz came up to Floyd TWICE to apologize. How many times are you going to say youre sorry in a fight? Mayweather openly accepted his first hug, openly accepted his glove touch a 2nd time...and accepted it a THIRD time. After the third damn time of touching up, you'd think the guy would put his hands up to fight, standing in the middle of the ring with one of the best fighters ever in a live match? Nope. And Floyd showed him why it's important he show some more respect.

He himself said he added to his legacy after the fight. He most likely could have won the fight cleanly, but he decided to go for the cheap shot. I watched the entire 4th round. It was a cheap shot, no matter what Ortiz did. You can't just explain it away by saying it was legal.

Edited by jnhay

No, he's actually playing you like a drum. We all see it but you dont. Saying "the proof is there" doesnt actually mean the proof is there.

If Manny or Floyd loses, will you still watch the fight? If Manny or Floyd both make $100M each in fights leading up to their bout, will you still watch the fight? If Manny and Floyd dont fight for 2 years, will you still watch the fight?

Right.

No, he's actually playing you like a drum. We all see it but you dont. Saying "the proof is there" doesnt actually mean the proof is there.

If Manny or Floyd loses, will you still watch the fight? If Manny or Floyd both make $100M each in fights leading up to their bout, will you still watch the fight? If Manny and Floyd dont fight for 2 years, will you still watch the fight?

Right.

Give it up. If Manny or Floyd loses, they might as well not even fight at that point because that would kill the buzz. I've been watching boxing for a long time and I know ducking when I see it. Great fighters take on all challengers and Floyd hasn't done that. I've seen it when Leonard avoided Hagler for years, Floyd is waiting for Manny to slow down just enough to be able to beat him.

He himself said he added to his legacy after the fight. He most likely could have won the fight cleanly, but he decided to go for the cheap shot. I watched the entire 4th round. It was a cheap shot, no matter what Ortiz did. You can't just explain it away by saying it was legal.

Actually you can explain it away by saying it was legal. What Ortiz did was cheap and illegal, Mayweather responded in kind but within the rules. I don't see the problem. Its boxing, not golf. If a man tries to headbutt me intentionally in the ring, I'm not giving that man any respect of waiting until he's 100% ready to fight. Ortiz has been boxing all his life, he knows better than most to protect himself at all times, he got what he deserved.

I was hoping that most people wouldn't buy that fight. What's the point in spending $60 to watch a fight where you already know the outcome?

Floyd plays the villain to perfection. He knows people will pay $60+ to see him get a beatdown, he also knows there's a very small chance of that ever happening.

Edited by StillUnknown

Actually you can explain it away by saying it was legal. What Ortiz did was cheap and illegal, Mayweather responded in kind but within the rules. I don't see the problem. Its boxing, not golf. If a man tries to headbutt me intentionally in the ring, I'm not giving that man any respect of waiting until he's 100% ready to fight. Ortiz has been boxing all his life, he knows better than most to protect himself at all times, he got what he deserved.

Mayweather's constantly talking about his legacy though. But not only do people think he's ducking Pacquaio now, but that he had to land a cheap shot against a guy he should have beaten easily.

Whether you like what Floyd did or not, it was Ortiz that took it upon himself to make the fight dirty, so i consider what Floyd did a receipt.

Ortiz not only threw a blatant headbutt but earlier he threw a blatant elbow. Everyone knows elbows are used by crafty fighters, but crafty is something Ortiz isn't and the elbow was just so over the top and blatant.

Also, I have never seen casual boxing fans jump on a bandwagon as much as I have with Pac-man. Floyd always playing the villain probably has a lot to do with it, but it's like if you aren't in the camp that Manny will crush Floyd you are suddenly an idiot that knows nothing.

Of course Pac has a chance in the fight, he is an elite fighter, however when you look at the styles of the fighters, Floyd has the technical skill set and style to combat Manny's strengths.

Do you think it is a coincidence that up until now Bob Arum has been matching Manny up with fighters that walk straight forward with no head movement into punches? It is called getting a style matchup in your favor, and Pac-man fanboys can careless, they overlook this because they are fans of him. I think fans of BOXING rather than specific fighters have been making this point for a couple of years now.

As far as the third JMM fight, the first one was a draw, the second was a controversial SPLIT DECISION for Pac. Now for the 3rd fight, I think Pac should be favored because it is taking place at a higher weight class than the previous two, which I think hurts JMM more than Pac.

They don't call Floyd, "Money" Mayweather for nothing. Everything he does is a calculation to get more of everyone's money. If it means making himself so hated that the world will buy a PPV to see him lose, than so be it.

LOL@ the Mayweather fans. They're always gonna be in denial about Floyd being scared to fight Pac. It's plain to everyone but FM fans, it seems.

As for the KO. Ortiz was stupid to stand there after they touched gloves, and not defend himself. However, it's still a cheap way to win a fight. Typical Floyd. Pac will mess the boy up.

Edited by Bubble Screen